D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

Si'Nat

"We can make it back into the forage and find a camp spot for the night... C'mon guys... keep your watch..."

D

DarthFerret

Will follow along with the Group decisions for the time being, as he has little experience in the wild....

B

BigBlue

Patrick

It's only noon... Lunch break, but not campsite finding hour...

The question is, do we continue to follow this game trail, or go back and find a different one... (*We're heading away from the hill now, correct? *)

T

train

Si'Nat

(hmmm... good point blue...

I was under the notion this was an island... is it not?)

B

BigBlue

Patrick

I don't know if anyone knows that or not... good point... there's just the river on the one side...

We should set camp about 2 hours before dusk (to get ourselves nicely situated - especially given the complete unknown of this regions denizens - animal or monster) It seems far too "clean" here to me...

We should be finding some signs of earlier expeditions, but yet we've seen absolutely no sign of any other adventurers or otherwise. Perhpas it's because we haven't gotten close enough to whatever lives here.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm
According my map, we should be approaching the other clearing that we saw on the way over. Maybe other "travelers" disembarked from there?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You are actually at that other clearing, I thought I mentioned that in the description. You're back at the river.

This isn't an island really, but The Hill is surrounded by pretty much impassable swampland so it might as well be.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wilhelm
Consulting my maps again, I think the there is an inlet north of us that could be something to check out, it's just up the coast. Here see this Blue section I marked on the way over....

B

BigBlue

Patrick

We don't want to get bogged down in marshland...

The decision is, do we press on with the path down here - or turn back and choose a different path, I feel like we're heading away from the hill... but we could go on a few more hours, camp and head back tomorrow.

Input?

T

train

(Heading back towards the hill is fine...

Will press on that way...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So.... you're going back the way you came? If so, you start back, After one turn, you "camp" on the trail to rest for a turn, then three turns later you arrive back at the clearing slightly to the SW, where you had initially entered through the SW and there's still a third trail to the NW.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You spend about two turns to cross the clearing to get to the start of the NW trail and rest for a turn. You then go for a turn (300') on the trail and come to a fork. The trail continues NW where you can see it opens up to a clearing after about 300' or the trail goes SW, back up The Hill.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Patrick

Head towards the clearing I'd say.

Let me know if we see any signs of something other than a game trail...

B

BigBlue

Yes, but it's only 300' away...

I just want to explore as much of the open terrain as we can... maybe find a decent campsite, then we can foray much closer...