D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    "No fire, but how will I see to......., " looking at the other's faces in the fading twilight, "Well, I mean of course you know best." He goes to look for a nook in the roots of the nearest trees to cover himself in his backpack and leaves or fallen branches. He slides his book inside of his shirt and pulls his robe closer.
  2. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Moosie and I recant our night activities for now...

    (Looks for tracks... Any types of footprints on either direction of trail?)

    "I say we head NE..."

    (Will move direction of group...)
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    No real tracks or footprints - the trail is covered with leaves, needles, underbrush debris, etc. So they aren't left easily.
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

    I also vote for NE - we should explore outside while it's still daylight.

    This could lead us to the "witches hut"... How overgrown is the trail we just walked etc, does it appear to have been groomed recently? Cut branches etc. Or is it more like a game trail which may have been manufactured at some point but is now "wild"...

    It still seems rather peaceful and "clean" for an orc horde to be gathering...
  5. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    "Orc horde????" "Are we looking for them?"
    "I can't see as they will be any use to us, they keep no maps and are lousy at hording treasure.... unless you consider removed body parts as treasure."

    If the SW trail stays on top of this ridge, it may be better to scout from the heights then from the valley. But only know how terrain is and not what orcs a likely to do or be.
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "We're not looking for them, per say, but we do need to get to the bottom of why other groups have come here, and never returned...

    If we cut SW, we could actually end up trapped on a hill, in a positon we wouldn't want to be in... doesn't seem like a win situation either way, but we trudge on..."
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    The trail you just walked or the ones that lead NE or SW do not appear to have been "groomed", more like a game trail-type of thing.

    The SW trail appears to be on this elevation.
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "The SW seems to stay level, and the NE seems to go back down... well - I've no reason to go other, so I stick with the NE..."

    (begins heading that direction...)
  9. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    Wilhelm,
    I will follow where everyone goes and continue to make sketches at every chance.
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

    I still say NE...
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** That's two people for NE, so NE it is....

    After resting for a turn, you start NE. After 300' going downhill, you cross the 160' elevation. After 5 more turns (1500'), all still gradually downhill, you come to another "fork". The trail continues downhill to the NE, where you can see a bit of a clearing, and the trail goes NW along the same elevation.

    Attached Files:

  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    (Continues NE...)

    "Well... NE hasn't failed us yet... Heading on..."
  13. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Patrick

    NE to the clearing - but let's rest our turn here at the fork first... In case we meet something down there - no need being at -1 to stuff...
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

    I agree, and if someone needs help carrying non-essential things, I can help.
    Since I am not much of a fighter, I can carry, bedrolls, extra clothes, rations, a backpack or 2 if they aren't to heavy. So you fighters have less to worry about.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    You rest a turn and keep heading NE. After 1 turn (300') you go below 80' in elevation. After another turn you step into a clearing that seems peaceful and quiet. Many wildflowers grow among the lush grasses. There are two trails, one to the E and one to the NW.

    Attached Files:

  16. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Let's take the one to the East...

    In the clearing, look for signs of prior visits... any campsites, animal remains, or anything else?

    (* What a cool Map tool you must have! *)
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

    (Second the notion...)
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Yeah, the "cool" map tool is called "Paint" :D It just lets me do freestyle outdoors stuff as opposed to the structured stuff from a dungeon

    There isn't any sign of prior visits, pretty much a pristine meadow.

    It takes you roughly 2 turns to cross the meadow to get to the East trail. It starts east but gradually turns NE. After another turn, you 'camp' on the trail for a turn to rest. Continuing on, in four more turns you reach the clearing that you had seen from the river. It stretches for a little ways south and the ground is low, flat, and muddy. Most of the grass has been choked off by hardier marsh plants and the buzz of mosquitoes is constant. There are no flowers growing here. There's another trail to the north-northwest of you.

    Attached Files:

  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

    Si'Nat

    "Seems we've one way to go now gents..."

    (About what time of day is it now?)
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    It's roughly about 12:40 PM.

Share This Page