CPA Notable Awards 2004 Ceremony

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oversoul attempts to cast Horrible Hordes, which is Annuled, by his zombie. Suddenly Oversoul grins and Burnouts the Annul. The Horrible Hordes resolves, but all they do is rush toward 13NoVa, whose Phage kills them easily.

I am a horrible planeswalker without my blue spells...

Oversoul's zombie pummels him repeatedly.

I voted for you Spidey! Or maybe it was Train, I don't remember...

C

Chaos Turtle

. o O (heh-heh-hehhhh...my evil plan has succeeded!)

Our hero stays in his seat, wild-eyed and seemingly transfixed by the bright stage lights.

"Too much XOOM Juice has he had, up you should go, hm? On his behalf should you accept it."

A momentary silence, then:

"Unfortunately, CT can't seem to get his mind back in his head at the moment, so it is my pleasure and honor to accept this award on behalf of the Ridiculously Awesome One. I can assure you that though he thinks it was a long time coming, he is very proud of you all for showing some restraint and not simply giving him all of the awards, as you surely wanted to do.

So thank you, from the bottom of his extraodinarily humble heart and off the top of his sainted head."

"Wow, mister that was a pretty good speech even though I have no idea who you are on account of I can't see you! says the pile of red leather in the aisle.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Next up is the CPA Spammer, which is pretty self-explanatory. This year we have another tie between Nightstalkers and Ransac, who have won in the category at some point in the past years. You'll have to share the canned stuff this year...

And we have the MTG Mascot, which for the 5th year straight has been won by orgg! He just owns this category! Congrats!

E

EricBess

Spidey....If I'm not mistaken, that is the same can of Spam that has been used every year at these award ceremonies. I think next year, the Spam itself should be voted as CPA Legend (no offence train - I'm not intentionally comparing you to processed foodstuff ;))

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, next up is for that person who has a way with the written word, yes, the Best Writer of us all. For the third year in a row, SeFRo gets the nod! C'mon up! This clunky typewriter with a case of white-out is your prize!

And then we have that award for the someone who's never afraid to speak his mind. Taking the title away from DUke, last year's winner, this year's Most Outspoken goes to Istanbul! You get this nice, shiny, bullhorn to make sure people hear you. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Closing out before the weekend, this year's Most Likely to Become Famous for Non-Magic Reasons is the same person as last year, DUke! Here's some "grant" money that we scraped up from an old Monopoly game so you can continue your endeavors!

And the Best Homemade Card Designer this year is Istanbul, taking the title away from Foundation of Rancor last year. We put together a group to lobby WOTC on your behalf to get your cards in the next set :)

E

EricBess

Wow!! Is everyone "spell"bound here? No one congratulating the winners? A whole day with no injuries, no catastrophies, and no posts? Did we already manage to kill everyone off this year?

Go get them Duke...I think... :D

Congrats Instanbul...two for you...And of course, SeFro. I still don't think anyone else is doing any regular articles, so you could argue it is kind of "default" that you win, but hey...keep up the good work anyway.

R

Reverend Love

Congratulations Istanbul. You really do deserve this reward.

D

DÛke

Thanks...but...I still have to figure out what I'm going to be famous for. :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac, back from spectacularly performing in Mozart's "Cosi Fan Tutte" is thrilled to hear that he has regain some status in the Spammer world.*

I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN! I WIN!

Ransac, Nightstalkers' bodyguard

Killer Joe

Congrats to DUke, Isty x2 and SeFro!!!!!!!!

DUke'll be famous someday or,......INFAMOUS!

Isty, it must be that TEX-ASS attitude of yours that bodes well for you.

SeFro, keep on plucking/plinking or whateverthehell sound your computer makes when yer typing!

:D

O

orgg

*steps out of the soundbooth, sneaks to the stage, and snags the glossy photo prizes of himself to sign, and the hundred MOL Tickets featuring his Training photo.

*goes back to the soundbooth and starts working again.

Now if only they'd release those damned Orgg action figures and reair the commercials...

...but I do like being the Magic equivilent of George Washington. :D

D

Doombringer

Doombringer wakes up, realizes where he is, checks the last two pages of posts to see what he missed, congratulates all the winners, then promptly goes right back to sleep, dreaming of Warcraft 3 in the Halo 2 engine, all somehow pasted onto a magic card.

Doombringer begins to snore.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oversoul looks up at EricBess, frowns and manages to block a blow from his zombie.

Congratulations to everyone...

Oversoul continues to take a beating.

D

Doombringer

Doombringer is woken up by the commotion that Oversoul and his zombie are causing, and gets annoyed. He gets up, grabs the zombie's neck with one hand, twists its ears with two other hands, pulls its nose with another hand, and uses his last two hands to hold it in place so Oversoul can beat it in the stomach without retribution.

The zombie begins to wimper.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oversoul ceases to batter the zombie and smiles triumphantly.

Where are my blue cards?

The zombie remains steadfastly silent.

Look at this. It's a copy of Tortured Existence. Now where are my blue cards?

The zombie still refuses to speak.

Wow, I thought that would make him talk for sure...

What now?