CPA Notable Awards 2004 Ceremony

T

train

*train goes through his tractor routine and accepts his second award of the evening...*

"Thanks to everyone voting me most helpful and friendliest... I'd also like to congratulate CT on his new Mensa status, Spidey for being the oldie but goodie (wonders how people know how spidey tastes), Mikeymike on the sig - it's always cool, Nightstalkers and Ransac on their tie for spammer! - Now all we need is a SMACKDOWN to break the tie...

Orgg - congrats on the Mascot (wonders if Orgg knows that his power greater than 2 restriction is temporarily removed), SeFRo - as always a great writer... Isty - outspoken, and rightly so... famous - Duke - hope it's a good famous, and not something I'd see in the post office! ;) and Isty - again congrats for the card designs... maybe WOTC Design should give you a call..."

*suddenly, again, train remembers the new legend rule and gets back to his seat asap..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Starting off this week we have that person who gives the best deal of deals when trading, for the second year in a row, the Fairest Trader is train! Once again the CPA will pick up your shipping and handling tab :)

Then we have that someone who has the burst of creativity with decks. A new winner for Best Deck Ideas, let's have a round of applause for Rooser! Deck protectors for all of your decks is your prize.

Congratulations!

Killer Joe

Congrats to train! Did I ever mention that I have an authentic IA Counterspell with train's signature? YUP, I do!

Rooser, congratulations! Can I have all of yer old protectors?
:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently campaigning helped the winner of this next award, because in a close race with last year's winner train, this year's Most Likely To Post Naked is Ransac! C'mon, get some clothes on! Here's some we scrounged up on the streets.

And in another tight race, Mikeymike of last year's winner must give way to this year's person dispensing the Best Deck Advice, train! Your prize is a weekly column on the front page! Oh wait, maybe that's not such a great prize ;) Well, how about a fake beard and a little mountain top (going with the guru on the mountaintop answering the "meaning of life" theme).

Congrats!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Can he answer the question of where this idiot hid my blue cards?

Overoul's zombie attempts to bite him when he gets to close, but Oversoul jerks away just in time.

R

Rooser

Hooray for me!:D

And congrats to everybody else, I suppose.:yawn:

Sorry I missed it. I've been busy practicing and participating in States, (I know, how very uncasual of me).

And now to update my sig.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac proudly accepts his award in the only appropriate manner for this topic: clad in a brand new, custom-made blue suede suit, decked from head to toe with matching accessories and a girl in each arm. Moments later, Ransac awakens from this fantasy and realizes that he is on stage shaking Spiderman's hand, accepting his award..................... and he's naked. Spiderman screams over and over about how much therapy he'll have to endure, while the mothers in the audience scream how this has permanently scarred their children. Nightstalkers looks on with envy.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Ransac & train!!!!!! :D

Q: Ransac, just answer this question that I put into song form:
ahem,.........
sung to the tune of Turkey in the Straw

"Do your OINKS hang low,
do they swing from to and fro,
can you tie them in a knot,
can you tie them in a bow,
can you bounce them up and down
on the freezing cold ground,
Do your

OINKS

Hang

Low?"

To train: I LOVE "train tech" like using the evil counterspell QUASH! Ya know, for a BLUE hater, you sho do know yer stuff!
:p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Originally posted by Killer Joe
Ransac & train!!!!!! :D

Q: Ransac, just answer this question that I put into song form:
ahem,.........
sung to the tune of Turkey in the Straw

"Do your OINKS hang low,
do they swing from to and fro,
can you tie them in a knot,
can you tie them in a bow,
can you bounce them up and down
on the freezing cold ground,
Do your

OINKS

Hang

Low?"
:p
A: Well, they do...... until they hit the freezing cold ground. Then, they get really small and almost concave within themselves.

*cricket chirp*

too much info?

Ransac, cpa trash man

P

Prince RXI

*Turns and looks at each and every member of the audience, pulls out a gun and points it at Ransac. Thinking again and shaking his head, he turns and shoots the clown.*

*In his best panguin impression*
"No good to shoot the messanger..."

Prince RXI, wishes his brother had a little more common sense than a lizard that thinks it is an ant...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, we're almost done. We're going to do the three Most Likely to be <deck style> all at once.

Taking away from the train's win from last year, this year's Most Likely to be the Combo Freak is Oversoul!

train shares his title of Most Likely to be the Beatdown Guy with Gaea'sSaproling and Oversoul!

And there was no winner for Most Likely to Be the Control Nut; each person nominated was only nominated once. But the people who were nominated are: BigBlue, Exaulted_Leader, Homestar, Istanbul, Killer Joe, Oversoul, rakso, Reverend Love, Rooser, and train (BigBlue and Isty were the winners from last year)

Congrats everyone!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oversoul turns away from the zombie, looking a bit startled at first, and then confused.

Okay, so I'm likely to be a combo freak. I'm likely to be a beatdown guy. And I'm likely to be a control nut.

How is all of this supposed to work? I guess I could build a deck that combos out into a situation where it has board control and finishes the opponent off with beatdown. I'd probably use Ring of Ma'Ruf and Echo Chamber with an infinite loop to...

Oh well, who cares. I won something! :p

Killer Joe

I was tied with like 7 other people?

Well,...

YAAAAAA -HOOOOOOOOOOOEY! I got one stinkin' person to remember to even vote for me!!!!!!!! Hip-Hip-Hooray, What a wonderful day!!! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, closing out the awards, we have a new category, the Best New Person in the Last Year, and the first winner for it is Oversoul! You get the key to the "special CPA room" :p but can't tell other new future new members what's in there.

And we only had three votes for Best Entrance, apparently everyone was too busy watching the theater antics than vote on their gamepad voting thingie. So we'll probably drop this next year... but the winners are Chaos Turtle, EricBess and Ransac.

And last is the CPA King, once again I thank you for your votes as I repeat from last year's win. This crown was getting used to the shape of my head anyway :) )

Congrats all!

A final list of the winners:

CPA King: Spiderman
Most Funniest: Nightstalkers
Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour: 13NoVa
Most Spirited: Homestar
CPA Legend: train
Most Intelligent: Chaos Turtle
Oldie But Goodie: Spiderman
Most Friendliest & Helpful: train
Best Sig: Mikeymike & Spiderman
CPA Spammer: Nightstalkers & Ransac
MTG Mascot: orgg
Best Writer: SeFRo
Most Outspoken: Istanbul
Most Likely to Become Famous for non-Magic reasons: DUke
Best Homemade Card Designer: Istanbul
Fairest Trader: train
Best Deck Ideas: Rooser
Most Likely to Post While Naked: Ransac
Best Deck Advice: train
Most Likely to be The Combo Freak: Oversoul
Most Likely to be The Beatdown Guy: Gaea'sSaproling, Oversoul, train
Most Likely to be The Control Nut: BigBlue, Exaulted_Leader, Homestar, Istanbul, Killer Joe, Oversoul, rakso, Reverend Love, Rooser, train
Best New Person In the Last Year: Oversoul
Best Entrance: EricBess, Ransac

And if anyone's interested in the actual breakdown of the votes, here it is:

This is the list of people who were given ballots, the ones in bold actually voted.

Chaos Turtle
chris92
EricBess
Homestar
Istanbul
Killer Joe
Mikeymike
mythosx
Nightstalkers
NorrYtt
Oversoul
Reverend Love