Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

turgy22

Nothing Special
It says that I choose the character. Not that the character has to be one of mine. I'm not familiar enough with the language used in this game to identify whether or not they usually distinguish between any character or a character controlled by a certain player, so I'll defer to your judgment.

I'll assign the damage to Eowyn.

B

boogiepop

Wow, I have to backpedal and apologize. I think you're correct.
I'll check the card itself to make sure the text was copied correctly (and if it has, I've been playing it wrong all this time.)

EDIT: Yup, I was in the wrong. My apologies.
Well, I guess I'll request that the damage be applied to Gloin. I could use the extra resource points his power provides, heh. :)

B

boogiepop

Make it so.
That needs the obligatory accompanying Captain Picard photo.

So are we on to combat then?
Almost. We just need to draw one last card.
It's another Great Forest Web.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that brings our new additions to the Staging Area to:

Great Forest Web
Type: Location
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 2
Forest.
Travel: Each player must exhaust 1 hero he controls to travel here.

Ungoliant's Spawn
Type: Enemy
Threshold: 32
Threat: 3 Attack: 5 Defense: 2 Hit Points: 9
Creature. Spider.
When Revealed: Each character currently committed to a quest gets -1 Wilpower until the end of the phase.

Dol Guldur Orcs
Type: Enemy
Threshold: 10
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 3
Dol Guldur. Orc.
When Revealed: The first player chooses 1 character currently committed to a quest. Deal 2 damage to that character.

Great Forest Web
Type: Location
Threat: 2 Quest Points: 2
Forest.
Travel: Each player must exhaust 1 hero he controls to travel here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of Ungoliant's Spawn, our willpower is reduced to 8. The total threat is now 14. We're missing by 6.
I'd be willing to feed a card to Eowyn to reduce this a little. Anyone else with me?
Also, how are we to deal with the two new monsters? I have Aragorn free if anyone wants an extra blocker.

I'll try to get all of this on the main post momentarily.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've got my two Spearmen *plus* Legolas, who has a ranged attack so he can assist someone (if I understand that ability right?)

R

rokapoke

I'm definitely willing to do a little discarding to overcome the willpower problem.

B

boogiepop

Yep, Legolas can attack monsters engaged to others and the Spearmen can block.

@rokapoke - Any chance you've got some threat reduction tricks in that hand of yours? (Here's hoping)

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess not. I'll look for something to discard.

P.S. I moved half of the stuff from the first post to the second to keep everything on the front page.

R

rokapoke

No threat reduction -- but for what it's worth, I can heal all damage on one character with one of the cards in my hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I moved the first two posts out into their own thread and Stickied it, called LOTR Game State.

Looking at it, perhaps having the full turn order and actions in its own post would be helpful and a good reminder of what comes next. :)

B

boogiepop

Whew! I was just searching frantically for it and having a heart attack thinking I'd have to replace all the information from memory. :p

B

boogiepop

I will after tonight! haha

I'm discarding Common Cause to Eowyn, kicking our willpower up to 9.

Also, I have the ability to briefly increase everyone's attack. If the spawn ends up with rokapoke or Spiderman, we'll be able to take it down in one shot.

B

boogiepop

rokapoke? I know you said you wanted to toss a card into the kitty.

And... who's going to deal with the Spawn? (We'll exceed its threshold of 32 after the questing phase is complete.) Who'll take the orcs?

R

rokapoke

I'll discard Lorien's Wealth.

Also, I'm willing to sacrifice my Miner (his work here is done) to take on the Spawn, if you've got something that can kill it then.

B

boogiepop

Cool. That brings our total Willpower to 11. It's still short of the 14 Threat but not horribly so anymore.
I'll raise all our Threat levels by 3.

So now we're on to our optional engagements. If rokapoke handles the Spawn, could you take the Orcs, Spiderman? I'll block them with Aragorn, if you like. There's a decent chance he'd come out scratch free.

Also, I forgot to mention but I did put a progress token on our current location when the Lorien Guide quested.

B

boogiepop

As I recall (too lazy to look) it's only got a couple of HP left. I think they're enough but you have Gimli left anyway, right?

So during our optional engagements, Spidey takes the orcs and rokapoke the big, ugly spider?
Aragorn and the Miner will be the defenders.
I'll pull out my deck in a minute and then we can move on to combat.