Lord of the Rings LCG 4 Player Game Actions

B

boogiepop

Yeah, I'm positive about the Steward. That particular question about that particular card is often asked on boardgamegeek. It's probably the only card I'd consider broken.

If you look at the turn order chart though, player actions come after the playing of attachments and allies (per each player.) It's another little confusing thing that I'm not 100% clear on. (I wish the rules were written better.) Anyway, I personally play it that you can't play actions like Steward's tapping ability until after you've finished playing your allies and attachments. (Obviously, that need not apply to you.) It seems only rational to me since it gives the Steward at least one negative instead of it being all gravy from turn 1.

I'll try to get a definitive answer to these questions.

Also, as soon as we hear from Spidey, I'll start revealing the next batch of cards from the encounter deck.

EDIT: From the rulebook: "Actions are always optional, and can be triggered by their controller during any action window in the game sequence."
So Protector of Lorien would requite turgy to discard cards. Eowyn's ability seems to be the exception to the rule.

EDIT: There's a player action window prior to the Planning phase. This means that you can have those 2 extra resource points prior to playing attachments and allies. Man that card is nutty.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for holding everyone up. I'll commit Thalin to the quest (and will pretty much do so every time and save Legolas and Gimli for the combat phase).

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't know. That effect doesn't seem terrible. I don't know if I should negate it or save Eleanor's ability for a potentially more-powerful effect (I'm especially worried about hitting another Eyes of the Forest, which would absolutely destroy my hand). What does everyone else think?

R

rokapoke

I've also got tons of healing capability (more in my hand), so 1 damage isn't so bad -- except for Henamarth Riversong, who will die. But I would tend to agree with turgy22's assessment.

B

boogiepop

Sounds reasonable enough to me. Let's allow this one to sneak by.
Next up...

Forest Spider
Type: Enemy
Threshold: 25
Threat: 2 Attack: 2 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 3/4
Creature. Spider.
Forced: After Forest Spider engages a player, it gets +1 ATK until the end of the round.

King Spider
Threshold: 20
Threat: 2 Attack: 3 Defense: 1 Hit Points: 2/3
Creature. Spider.
When Revealed: Each player must choose and exhaust 1 character he controls.

I'll exhaust Aragorn.

B

boogiepop

rokapoke, I was going to ask you to use the Daughter of Nimrodel on Gloin, but if you choose to exhaust her, I will beg that Gloin's life be spared by other means.
Thanks in advance! :D

R

rokapoke

I'll exhaust Denethor, and at the next opportunity I will use the Daughter of Nimrodel to heal 2 damage from Gloin.

B

boogiepop

Fantastic. Thanks!

And our last card is...

Caught in a Web
Type: Treachery
When Revealed: The player with the highest threat level attaches this card to one of his heroes. (Counts as a Condition attachment with the text: "Attached hero does not ready during the refresh phase unless you pay 2 resources from that hero's pool.")

rokapoke, do you have another Dwarven Miner (or whatever it is he's called) stashed away?
Otherwise, turgy, your play?

R

rokapoke

I do not have another Miner... I could go for a save here, turgy.

B

boogiepop

Replaced with:

Black Forest Bats
Threshold: 15
Threat: 1 Attack: 1 Defense: 0 Hit Points: 1/2
Creature.
When Revealed: Each player must choose 1 character currently committed to a quest, and remove that character from the quest. (The chosen character does not ready.)
I'll remove Theodred from the quest.

B

boogiepop

I thought it would be. It apparently scales much better than I had expected, though I'm glad for it. It's more interesting this way.
We have also been underquesting. This turn could hurt.

B

boogiepop

Updated the game state page. (I noticed that you didn't get your resources from Steward yet, rokapoke, so I went ahead and did that for you. Figured you wouldn't mind.)

Okay, so that gives us 10 willpower, correct? (Aragorn 4, Gloin 2, Eowyn 4)
And our combined Threshold is.... 14.
Youch.

Anything that anyone can do to help this sad situation or shall we start junking cards? I don't mind chucking another one if it comes to that.