Werewolves Redux

T

train

well... I don't necessarily think a wolf would give himself a description that would pinpoint him to the others right away...

Personally I don't think I want to be around many more dead bodies for too long.. especially if OSHA would have to get involved...

(begins performing burials...)

D

DarthFerret

Oh my gosh....another one....somebody...hide me... help me...

Collapses in a helpless pile on the ground, quaking with fear...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have made a terrible mistake. I don't suppose that's any consolation to poor Melkor. Last round, I devised a bit of a ploy. I saw Melkor accuse Spiderman, and I wanted to both try to expose Melkor (who turned out to be innocent anyway) and look at Spiderman's reaction to the whole thing. I became less sure of Melkor's guilt over time, but I didn't want to risk my own neck by drawing attention to myself. And I wasn't sure who to switch to. So I stuck with Melkor and hoped for the best. It's a mistake I do not care to repeat.

But right now, I don't have any good leads as to who might be guilty. Although there are some among you that I am becoming increasingly convinced are innocent...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** arrives at work

Well, that's a bit shady of you. I don't think that makes the wolf outright, but you sure ain't coming to my house to play poker.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Turgy awakes to find himself trapped in an invisible box. He feels the sides of the box, but it gradually begins shrinking on him. As he is squished into a tiny cube, he eventually finds the top of the box and manages to climb out, and walks out to join the others.

Seeing another victim of a terrible attack, he realizes the blame lies solely on the person responsible for the welfare of all the workers and points his finger again at Mooseman.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Well, it seems we have two wilting flowers here and I want to know how the #&%! they got jobs as lumberjacks?"

"Well, hang one of them, since they definately aren't real lumberjacks and get back to work. Get the right one this time."

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You heard the man!!!! Find those scoundrels!!!!!!!!!! I've already suggested that monstrous Mr. Orgg.

What the............ WHO LET THAT MIME IN HERE!?!?!?....... I LOVE Mimes!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

*pauses in front of the tree he has begun to chop after the first swing of the axe.

I know a thing or two about Werewolves, I'll admit, Ransac. MUCH more than most of you, I'll bet. One thing is that they're territorial. Another is that they're clever. Another is that they don't have to indulge on their impulses, slaughtering their fellow humans, half-giants in my case, or half-mimes in Turgy's case. But when they are indulging, they usually endulge completly.

*thwacks tree a second time

We're hunting Werewolves. Yes, there's signs that there's two of them. If you look closely, you'll find some evidence before this rash of another Were. Remember them bears we found slaughtered occasionally when we'd go into a new copse of trees to cut? Before we checked them for snake dens and sinkholes? Well, I can tell you that wasn't another bear; that was a Were of some type... and many Weres leave the same signals. Remember the fools that beat up on Turgy a few years ago? None of them have heads now, and from what I hear, it looked as though a single axe stroke removed their heads. Trust me, only a kind of Were or someone with a large amount of stregnth can do something like that.

Remember the first fact-- Weres are territorial. Remember the third-- Weres arn't always cruel tempered beings.

And remember, I am HUNTING these new Weres.

*thwacks tree again

...and besides, Ransac, how are you going to hang a fifteen foot tall man who is currently acting as your gallows? Answer: You can't hang me. So don't even waste your vote.

Remember the important thing here-- getting rid of the other Weres.

And Mooseman is a jerk. Get back to your office and get off of our backs. We'd all be better without him around.

*hits the tree with a final chop, pushes it slightly to guide its falling pattern, and moves onto the next.

TIMBER!

Turgy, Spiderman-- get a couple axes and start delimbing these things. We might need to build a fire sometime this winter.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac frowns at Mr. Orgg.*

I suppose you're right... it would extremely ineffective to try to hang you....... but I still have my suspiscions of you.

*Ransac looks over at Turgy, giggling and clapping at the mime-like actions. Then, he glances at DF cowering in fear.*

YOU! You heard the boss! Get back to work!!!!!!!!!! I've half a mind to vote you next if you don't pick up a saw or axe and start cutting!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

One-armed DF cowers away from Ransac, and grabs a rusty hand saw with his single arm, and starts pathetically sawing on the smallest of brances, keeping a wary eye on Ransac, as well as keeping the fallen tree between himself and the others. You all will notice that every time someone hollers out "Timber", DF will drop into a crouch and look for a rabbit hole to crawl in, yet you are pretty much used to his behavior.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Turgy seems to really have it out for Mooseman. I don't know why it took me so long to find this odd. Now, I'm not sure about Mooseman myself. We now know Melkor was human, but that's no help now. Based on how he dealt with Melkor, I'm wagering that Spiderman is also human. And I think EricBess was baiting me in much the same way I was baiting Melkor (although I did a bad job of it). This makes me think he too is human. But the only one I can be sure of is Melkor, sadly...

However, Turgy's behavior does seem suspicious. I want to give him a chance to explain himself further before pointing any fingers at him...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Turgy puts on Melkor's old hat, scrunches his face and claws at the air with his hands. Then he shakes his head, pointing towards Melkor's hat. He motions towards Spidey, then points back at himself. He silently counts off those who voted for Melkor: Oversoul, Spidey, Train, Orgg and Ransac. He shrugs his shoulders, looking confused and then shakes his head.

Turgy takes off Melkor's hat and puts his hands on his head, imitating moose antlers. He then pretends to yell at everyone and claws at the air some more.

Turgy shrugs his shoulders again then goes back to cutting wood.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"Well what have we here? A little rabble-rousing instigating slacker who wants to off the boss. Well, I say, bring it on you liberal union-hating tree hugger...."

"Damn, I need some coffee"

"I don't care if you guys love me or hate me, but this little puke is doing the wolves work and not lumber cutting."

"Hang this one," pointing at Turgy, "Even if he ain't the wolf, he's helping them and not us. And what's with the clawing the air like a werewolf while wearing Melkors hat?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I disagree with Mooseman. I don't see strong enough evidence for anyone. But Turgy isn't giving me much of a choice. I asked for an explanation, and his charades, in my opinion, do not help to advance his case. So I'd much rather hang him than randomly point fingers at someone I suspect even less.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, I can't see any of you guys as wolves...

Except Killer Joe. He's been quiet lately. Maybe trying to lay low?

Z

Zigathon

Just a reminder that today is the day to vote.

If it isn't too much trouble, could everyone please put whomever they're voting for in the title of the post? It makes it so much easier to count them that way.

The current tally is:

Ericbess: Mooseman
Spiderman: Killer Joe
Oversoul: Turgy22
Sagerider: Hasn't voted yet...
Mooseman: Turgy22
Ransac: Orgg
Turgy22: Mooseman
Killer Joe: Hasn't voted yet...
Darthferret: Hasn't voted yet...
Orgg: Mooseman
Train: Hasn't voted yet...

If I don't have the correct tally, either by a vote change or I just haven't seen it, correct me ASAP.

Killer Joe

Just 'cause Moosie is our boss-man dudn't mean he a hairy wolvie! Maybe EB and Spidy-web are just trying to throw us workin' men off our guard.