Werewolf XVII: The Order to Lykin

turgy22

Nothing Special
I received everyone's night actions, so let the game continue!

It was a restless night last night, as you tossed and turned, wracked with the guilt of putting an innocent man to death. You try to think back about what could have gone wrong, yet still fear for your own life and safety and try to figure out what you still need to do to escape this castle.

When the sun comes up, you leave your rooms and take note of who's still alive. A quick count brings you a sense of relief as, once again, the entire party survived the night. You wonder, for a moment, if perhaps your actions are misguided and you're just going crazy trying to find a killer among you where none really exists. But you try to doors again and are still unable to leave this place. You're running out of options, so you turn to the others in an attempt to find the answers.

Players remaining:
Spiderman
EricBess
Darthferret
Oversoul
Modus Pwnens
Mooseman
Players Out:
Rokapoke (lynched)
Melkor (killed by wolves)
Ransac (lynched)

Once again, there were no killings. Interpret that as you will.

For today, three votes will be needed to lynch. If only one player reaches three votes, he will be the only player put to death. If two people tie with three votes, they'll both be killed.

And so the third day begins.

M

Modus Pwnens

I have made a terrible mistake, I have placed too much faith in my visions. Tonight, I dreamed that DarthFerret has the blood of the wolves running through his veines, but I don't believe those visions anymore. If my visions are indeed false, it would mean Oversoul is the wolf...

E

EricBess

Um...really? I'm confused also. Part of me agrees with Spidey and maybe this whole thing ends once we stop the lynching. But Modus, we killed an innocent last night at your request and you are still pointing fingers? So you want us to hang Oversoul and when he turns out to not be a wolf either, who's next? The only thing I know for sure is that we can't trust a word you say.

vote: Modus Pwnens

M

Modus Pwnens

Yeah, I realize it, but if my math is correct, you can hang me today, find out I'm speaking the truth and then still have a chance to find the wolf tomorrow. I'm going to do what I think is right nevertheless.

Vote: Oversoul

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, it's possible that Modus has incorrect visions (or some true and some not). I still don't see the point of him coming out and telling us period that he's a 'seer' when he wasn't a suspect anyway. So right now it's either Modus or his choice, Oversoul, for lack of any other candidates..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Alright, so I'm going to have to stick my neck out here. Modus seems to be the only one particularly convinced that I am a wolf, but to be honest he's the only one of you that I am convinced is not a wolf, so I'm not going to vote for him. Coming out and saying that he's a seer and accusing Ransac should be a death sentence, especially after Melkor already was killed after saying he was the seer. It's just too crazy, even by "so crazy it just might work" standards. If he's a wolf, there's no reason for him to be so desperate as to try something like that.

I believe that Modus really has been having visions. And that Melkor was too. I was quite perplexed myself when Melkor initially revealed himself, as I thought that I was the seer. I've been using my limited abilities in divination ever since, but they've always indicated that everyone I used them on was a villager. I was going to try to buy more time to spot the wolf, but I suspect that I'm a false seer, just like Modus. Who knows how many of us there are? Maybe Melkor wasn't a true seer either, although it wouldn't matter, since he never had a chance to use his powers.

And now, even though there is apparently still a wolf among us, he hasn't been killing. This whole situation is insane. But I think I know the wolf's identity anyway. My only hope is to convince the rest of you before it's too late.

I'm almost sure that EricBess is a wolf. The wolf-hunter thing is just a cover for some limitation he has that's stunted his killing capability. It's a ruse that has thus far kept him safe from the noose while we hanged each other and left him alone.

Vote: EricBess

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, why is EB the wolf? And how come Modus wasn't killed last night, since he falsely got Ransac hung, he was the logical target or was he a wolf and couldn't kill himself or his inaccurate visions were helping the wolf......... or you're the wolf and modus' vision was finally correct.
I just don't know about this.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
To be clear about Modus' visions, I think he's saying that since he saw me as innocent and Ransac as guilty, and since Ransac was innocent, that means that he always sees the opposite of the truth. Not necessarily a stupid conjecture on his part, but one that I have reason to believe is wrong. My guess is that the results of his visions are random or otherwise altered. If he were a wolf, it wouldn't make sense for him to randomly accuse Ransac while making up this whole seer thing. That, and the fact that I originally thought that I was the seer and the fact that Melkor thought that he was the seer confirm that there are multiple "seers" but that not all of them are accurate.

As for my conclusion about the wolf, I would think that if he could kill someone each night, he would. But he can't. I don't think that it's because none of us are the wolf, because the castle is still keeping us from leaving. What I think is that in addition to seers having distorted visions, it isn't always possible for the wolf to score a kill. Something (I haven't figured out what) is interfering. If I'm right, EB's ploy was brilliant: right away he announces that he is a hunter, so the wolves can't kill him, but apparently he has no other abilities that could help us. How convenient! Instead of killing us, he gets us to do the work for him.

The only flaw I can see in this is the assumption that we have the right idea in hanging someone every night. With how crazy all this is, I admit that I can't rule that possibility out. But I thought about it, and I figure if I don't take the risk and speak my mind now, we'd probably have hanged Modus and then EB would have picked me off tonight.

D

DarthFerret

*Looks back and forth between Modus, Eric Bess, and Oversoul with a look of growing confusion on his face.*
*suddenly, his expression clears and he points toward Eric Bess*

Vote: Eric Bess

M

Modus Pwnens

For clarity, I had three visions so far.

Night one, Oversoul: innocent
Night two, Ransac: wolf
Night three, Darthferret: wolf

At least one of these three is false...

E

EricBess

What? Three seers? And a hunter? Is there anyone who thinks they are a normal villager around here. I'm starting to doubt my own abilities. Then again, if the remaining wolf did try to attack me and test my theory, then perhaps there is another hunter as well and this could explain why there haven't been any killings for the past couple of nights. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure what to think.

All of this would explain why Modus's behavior. It's been bugging me that the wolf would draw so much attention to himself when the numbers don't support it. And if he is correct and Oversoul is the wolf, that might explain why he determined to hang me, since he can't kill me at night.

While I'm still uncertain, I'm willing to give Modus one more reprieve and a chance to redeem himself. I'm changing my vote to Oversoul.

M

Modus Pwnens

Just to be sure, I'm going to Unvote: Oversoul. No speedlynching, thanks.

I'm curious as well as to who thinks they are free of any supernatural abilities. Anyone?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I have no special avilities, unless you count utter confusion about who is the wolf.
So lets see what we have:
Spiderman - No claim of special abilities
EricBess - thinks he's a hunter
Darthferret - Mute?
Oversoul - Thinks he's a seer of some type
Modus Pwnens - Thinks he's a seer
Mooseman - Nothnig special at all, also low on deductive abilities....

I'll vote for DF..... can wolves talk?

D

DarthFerret

Well, lets see here. Can wolves talk, I am most certain they cannot. Can a werewolf talk? That I have no clue on. I have no special abilities that I am aware of. My reasoning before was sound about EricBess. I am sticking with him. What kind of person would admit to being a hunter of sorts at the outset and make himself a target, while at the same time, being clueless about the "results" of said hunt. You guys obviously are ignoring several facts out ther that need to be looked at. As for Modus, I believe he is merely deluded and is not seeing things straight. How much of a coincidence would it be to have 3 people here that have the powers of a seer? Way too unlikely. It seems that most of you here are Chasing Amy.

**looks around at all the confused looks on thier faces, then proceeds to explain*

So there's me an Amy, and we're all inseparable, right? Just big time in love. And then about four months in, I ask about the ex-boyfriend. Dumb move, I know, but you know how it is - you don't really want to know, but you just have to... stupid guy crap. Anyway she starts telling me all about him - how they dated for years, lived together, her mother likes me better, blah, blah, blah - and I'm okay. But then she tells me that a couple times, he brought other people to bed with them - menage a tois, I believe it's called. Now this just blows my mind. I mean, I'm not used to that sort of thing, right? I was raised Catholic.

So I get weirded out, and just start blasting her, right? This is the only way I can deal with it - by calling her a slut, and telling her that she was used - I mean, I'm out for blood I want to hurt her - because I don't know how to deal with what I'm feeling. And I'm like "What the heck is wrong with you?" and she's telling me that it was that time, in that place, and she didn't do anything wrong, so she's not gonna apologize. So I tell her it's over, and I walk.
It was a mistake. I wasn't disgusted with her, I was afraid. At that moment, I felt small - like I'd lacked experience, like I'd never be on her level or never be enough for her or something. And what I didn't get was that she didn't care. She wasn't looking for that guy anymore. She was looking for me. But by the time I realized this, it was too late, you know. She'd moved on, and all I had to show for it was some foolish pride, which then gave way to regret. She was the girl, I know that now. But I pushed her away...

So I've spent every day since then chasing Amy...
**takes a drag from his smoke**
This is how you guys are attempting to figure this out, so to speak. Stop thinking with your emotions for five seconds and think with your heads.

**sits back non-chalantley and finishes his smoke, listening in to everyone else**

E

EricBess

Darth - I don't fault you for suspecting me, but I can't change what I was given or how it works. For the record, I didn't think I was making myself a target - I was already a target since my butler was attacked and I was nearest to him.

I agree about thinking with your head, which is why I changed my vote. Yes, Modus could be completely deluded. Alternately, he could be the wolf trying to mislead. He convinced us to lynch Ransac, which turned out to be a huge mistake, but does his story make sense? The one thing that bugged me about the whole situation is that when Ransac turned out not to be the wolf, the natural conclusion was that Modus must have been, but if that were the case, why draw attention when there was none previously.

It is possible that he is completely deluded and that neither he nor Oversoul is a wolf (or that perhaps you are, since you are the third person he mentioned). Whether the results of his seeing are accurate, inverse, or simply random is another issue entirely, but either we believe his story is correct or we believe he is a wolf making things up.

But do we have anything else to go on? I have a hard time believing that his results are simply random, so either we suspect Modus as the wolf or we believe that he actually had these visions. Everyone will need to draw their own conclusions about what the visions would mean, but as for me, it is suspicious enough that I plan to vote Oversoul and, if he turns out to not be the wolf, then Modus will have to come under strong suspicion.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I don't know what kind of company I've fallen in with, with people claiming to be 'seers' or 'hunters' and some peoplke actually being 'werewolves'. I just thought this castle looked interesting and joined the tour since I was in the area. But since we need to find another 'wolf' to get free...

I'll go with the Oversoul vote. Although his reasoning about EricBess claiming he's sort of hunter and then not really doing anything (unless he's the one preventing kills at night) seems good. So I'll think about it some more, I'm not totally convinced it's Oversoul..."

turgy22

Nothing Special
Current vote count:
EricBess (2) - Oversoul, DarthFerret
Oversoul (1) - EricBess
DarthFerret (1) - Mooseman

Not Voted (2) - Modus Pwnens, Spiderman

Three votes needed to lynch. I'm going to set the deadline for the end of the day tomorrow, Wednesday July 7.

M

Modus Pwnens

I'd rather not vote. As it stands now, we have a standoff with the Wolves not killing anyone. I'm going to see if I can dream of Oversoul again, and maybe learn more of my mysterious abilities.