Werewolf XVII: The Order to Lykin

turgy22

Nothing Special
Final Vote Count:
EricBess (1) - DarthFerret
DarthFerret (1) - Mooseman
Mooseman (1) - Spiderman

No Vote (1) - EricBess

Unsure of what's happening, the group decides that it's best to sleep on things for another day and see if some clue pops up during the night. Deep inside, you all hope that the "clue" is someone else's demise, which will hopefully be enough to give you the ammunition to pin down the true culprit. But you also fear the worst - that the victim may be you.

Tired and hungry, you each make your way to your rooms for one final evening, aware that with only four members left in your party, tonight is your last night trapped within these walls, for better or worse.

It is now officially night phase. Anyone with night actions has until the end of tomorrow (Monday, July 26) to get them to me or they will be wasted.

E

EricBess

Hm...I do have to say, Mooseman, your voting history is a bit suspicious. Not voting for rokapoke you explained by saying you weren't around, which I guess we can believe. But you were reluctant to switch your vote to Oversoul and only did so when perhaps you felt it was a foregone conclusion and didn't want to draw any more attention to yourself.

Even now, I am wondering why you are hesitatant. If we believe Modus, then DF cannot be the wolf. I find it very unlikely that Modus was making everything up, so either he was a reverse seer or he was somehow random. Hitting everything that accurately random, however, seems unlikly to me.

So if you are not a wolf, you should all but know that Spiderman must be and yet you seem reluctant to vote for him. I have no choice but to assume, therefore, that you are the remaining wolf, so I must vote: Mooseman.

E

EricBess

Ug...did I miss my chance? I was typing...Regardless, if I am correct, sleeping it off won't change anything. The only person we all know is human is DF, so it still comes down to the same thing.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sorry if I've been moving things along too quickly. I didn't want things to drag, but if there's an ongoing conversation and more things to discuss, I'll allow some extra time. However, if everyone is solid on their choice, I don't see any reason to make the day last forever.

Can everyone please either confirm that their vote is final or let me know if they'd like more time to discuss things? As soon as everyone announces that their votes are final, I'll move back to night phase (and give those with night actions another opportunity, if they want to change their choices.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So EB feels that a wolf voted to hang another wolf (Oversoul was not a forgone conclusion), thus I believe my logic is sound......
Any of us thre (EB, Spidey and myself), could have voted for someone else or you EB and kept it a draw and over soul would not have been hung....
Yes, my voting has been erratic, but I really did not know who was what and was convinced to vote for the wolf twice....
Who did not vote for Oversoul?
I say DF, and no one has convinced me differently, actually EB, changing your mind with little reason shows you are human.

E

EricBess

I think I figured out where I was confused. The "new day" post was on the next page, so I saw Spidey's vote, but didn't notice that turgy had already called night. Honestly, I don't care one way or another. I wasn't on Monday, so technically missed the deadline, but I responded early morning because I wanted to make sure people had a chance to respond to me if they wanted to.

BTW - Mooseman, DF's single-mindedness leaves me wondering about DF also...I just can't reconcile myself with Modus if DF is a wolf. Honestly, if DF is the wolf, then he probably wins just based on shere luck because Modus's ability must have been random at that point.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Updated Vote Count:
Mooseman (2) - Spiderman, EricBess

EB: Is your vote final now?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess said:
The "new day" post was on the next page...
Yeah, this new forum takes a little adjusting - I get confused on that a lot too. But the different color indicating what page of the thread you're on helps (plus, if I go back to the forum, I still have the thread marked as "unread" so I know I missed the latest page).

I don't think DF has any better choice at the moment. But I think Mooseman does, and if he's still voting for DF after Modus seemingly cleared him, that makes him the wolf to me. I mean, at least we have *some* information on DF, whether right or wrong. I would think Mooseman would be voting for me or EricBess.

However, if DF doesn't switch his vote to Mooseman now that it would make it 3, that does make him slightly suspicious because it means the wolf caused a deadlock and no hanging and thus has another chance to whittle down the numbers at night. And that's what the wolf needs since he wins in the event of a tie...

But Mooseman's vote indicates to me that he's more likely to be a wolf.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Yeah, this new forum takes a little adjusting - I get confused on that a lot too. But the different color indicating what page of the thread you're on helps (plus, if I go back to the forum, I still have the thread marked as "unread" so I know I missed the latest page).
I've done it several times too.

On a technical note, I've changed it now so that if you get to the bottom of the non-last page of a thread, you'll see a "# more messages..." link just after the last post (before the quick reply). Hopefully this will be a useful cue.

E

EricBess

On a technical note, I've changed it now so that if you get to the bottom of the non-last page of a thread, you'll see a "# more messages..." link just after the last post (before the quick reply). Hopefully this will be a useful cue.
Very nice...I did have to look for it to see what you were talking about though. How obtrusive would it be to put that on the left instead of the right, positioned under the text? I don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, my eyes go straight down, looking for the next post. I don't usually look over to the right.

And yes, turgy, my vote is final, though I really would expect Mooseman to change his vote to me. Wolf or villiager, he personally loses if he doesn't. I'm fairly convinced at this point that he must be the wolf.

turgy22

Nothing Special
New Final Vote Count:
Mooseman (2) - Spiderman, EricBess

After sitting in your rooms for a few minutes, you hear a loud creaking from the front of the castle. The door! You each leave your rooms and run to the entrance, anxious and ready to escape this horrible nightmare. But as you enter the hallway, you can see the door slam shut just before you arrive. A man stands in the hall, looking a bit confused by your presence here, but not saying anything. You rush past him and attempt to re-open the door, but again, it's firmly closed.

"Who are you?! Why did you let the door close?" you ask.

The man, still a bit perplexed, replies, "I'm Ed, the maintenance guy. I just came to put up this clock so any visitors won't get confused about what time it is. Here, if you want to leave, just open the door."

Ed tries to open the door, but he, too, is unable to move it. "Well, that's odd," he mutters, mostly to himself.

Enraged at his carelessness and unable to decide who among your party to kill, you grab Ed and carry him down to the gallows. You fit the noose around his neck and let him drop. He dies quickly and you see that he's no wolf. Though you're still pissed off, so you don't particularly care.

Then you remember the clock that he was holding when he first came in. You pick it up and take a look at it. 8:30. Nightfall will come any minute now. You decide that it's best to find shelter in your rooms immediately.

Night phase begins now. If anyone wants to change their choices of night actions, please do so by the end of the day tomorrow (Wednesday, July 28). If not, I'll use the same info that I got before I re-opened the discussion.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The sun rises.

You take a moment to consider your surroundings. The Castle Lykin. It feels strangely different this morning. So many nights spent between its walls and you've gained a certain familiarity to the place. But now it feels more empty than usual and eerily calm.

You rise from your bed and leave the room. Another man is missing. Spiderman. You don't even bother checking his room. You already know what you'll find. You glance at your fellow party members, knowing full well that one of them must die. The deaths of so many men must be avenged. But now, with so few remaining, you have but one chance to exact justice upon these wolf-men.

You walk down to the gallows and begin the final deliberations that will, for better or worse, seal your fate.

Players remaining:
EricBess
DarthFerret
Mooseman

Players out:
Rokapoke (lynched)
Melkor (killed by wolves)
Ransac (lynched)
Oversoul (lynched)
Modus Pwnens (killed by wolves)
Spiderman (killed by wolves)

Final day. Two votes needed to lynch. For now, the deadline will be set for the end of the day next Wednesday, August 4th. Feel free to discuss and vote as often as you'd like until that time. If everyone's locked in to their votes by then, the game will end. If not, I'll extend it until the discussion is over.