Unofficial CPA Notables Forum

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm all for that! But poor Whimsy has bedtime by the time we're off work... it'll be more like a nightcap for her.

"Rock me Amadeus (Amadeus, Amadeus...)"

D

DÛke

I think Almindhra said she's gonna post them on Monday or somethin' like that, I aint totally sure 'bout it though.

Whimseee, I have a question I'm dyin' to ask: where and/or why do ya call everyone "sir" and "mam":)? It's funny, actully, but why? Just wonderin'bout it, nothin' more:).

Spidy, PJ IS actully taken: she has a BF in RL, but we aint in RL, we're in the DL: Digital Life:). I love the internet, I think.

PJ didn't leave.
I'll bother her with emails if she doesn't show up by Saturday night. She will come back, just watch it, she must, she has to...

**Sits down, looks at the words, and wishes he could speaks them instead of writes them...**

COME BACK PG!

**Screams**

P

Purple_jester

Midnight EST is usually the best time for cyberjacking. Will I meet up with you people later?

YAWN. What a great nap that was. I get so little sleep, with my "job" and all. Sorry I've been amiss. I had to expose the brachial nerve plexus of the cadaver we've been assigned to... <blinks>

Sorry. Got to remember to keep that stuff out of the boards. I don't think any of you are remotely interested in human anatomy anyway. Well, okay. Some men are VERY interested in human anatomy. Especially female human anatomy, but y'know what I mean. :p

Spidey, nice to see you've gotten rid of the psychedelic costume. I apologize for that, but you DID want to doodle on me, so what was I supposed to do? I happen to like 80's music, too, though I'm more inclined to the romatic songs and pop-style music.

Oops. My sprite is de-rezzing again... <adjusts self so she stops fuzzing out> There, that's better. My connection's been freaked lately. Maybe my Self Program needs tuning.

DUke, you missed me? How sweet. <hugs DUke> I was beginning to think you didn't notice or were ignoring me. Especially after you MISTAKENLY thought I was the one who started that hideous "DUke-Almindhra" thing. I'm still waiting for an apology, but that's a minor issue. ;)

When's Almindhra going to make the big announcement? When can the party begin? I'm pretty much torn between two costumes right now. One is very flashy and sparkly, which would attract a lot of attention. The other one is more elegant and is more revealing ;). Come to think of it, the second one would also attract a lot of attention, huh?

YAWN. Still a bit sleepy. Well, wake me up when it's time to go to that 80's music site. <sits down next to DUke and pokes his thigh a few times> You should put on just a little more weight... This thigh isn't pillowy enough. <stretches> I'll turn in right here.

DUke, don't squirm so much while I sleep, okay? <curls up on the couch and puts her head on DUke's lap> Zzzz....

D

dw51688

"I saw that, Yellowjacket.

At least somebody here has taste (although a lot of the rest looked distinctly dodgy).

September 19th, 2000 11:29 AM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

I know, we're the ones with the accent.
Is you native dialect (pc for "accent") as thick as Billy Bragg? Also, aren't alot of 'dodgy'(?) bands aforementioned from your island? Like; DuranDuran, Culture Club, Danny Wilson, The Buggles, and Spinal Tap!?
And, really, just how much do the Europeans and others (et al) think that Americans are just one collective "Jethro" (a name that refers to American 'hick'-ness), breathing down their necks? Is it true, are we really percieved as un-cultured heathens? Is it reflective here at the CPA?
Don't answer, I'm afraid I won't like the answer to this questions. We Americans have a huge ego, yet it's fragile at the same time.
And finally (just to show how ignornt I really am), do you drink tea and eat crumpets? j/k
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered with failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they line in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"
-Theodore Roosevelt

September 19th, 2000 12:47 PM

Gizmo
Veteran CPA Member
Beatdown Artist

I drink neither coffee nor tea, only juice of one sort or another. Crumpets are nice, though, they fulfill the same role as Waffles do for you guys.

September 19th, 2000 12:53 PM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

mmm....
Tea and scones... maybe those should be our refreshments at the awards ceremony.
'...'

September 19th, 2000 12:55 PM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

Wha????
Whoa, "On-Topic" comment! Thanks Spidey.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered with failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they line in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"
-Theodore Roosevelt

September 19th, 2000 01:36 PM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

you know me!
I may drift and turn from the On Topic road, but I'll eventually get back on... (if only to drift off again)
'...'

September 19th, 2000 01:53 PM

Thrash Golem
Veteran CPA Member
Last-Ditch Effort

my grandma poops in a bag

September 19th, 2000 08:06 PM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

okay...
THAT was just dumb...
'...'

September 20th, 2000 08:23 AM

Duel
Veteran CPA Member
Dreadnought

Yes. It was. silly granny.

"Oh, I like coffee and I like tea, but to be able to enter a final plea...."
Run Around, Blues Traveler.
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead!" -Jaya Ballard, Task Mage.

September 20th, 2000 02:13 PM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

Get a rope...
...whereinthehell is Almindhra with those results! Not that I care or anything. And where has Whimsy and PJ been? This was a regular stop for those two, probably too much partying on this thread <smiles and shrugs>, oh well, I'll get back to counting the hours until the pre-release.
57 hours and 10 min. to go.
-Theodore Roosevelt

September 20th, 2000 10:29 PM

DÛke
Veteran CPA Member
The Black Beast

I know how you feel YellowJack...
...The forum is just not complete without Whimseee's "sirs" and "mams" and all that.

...The forum is no where near life if it doesn't have Purple Girl.
Where's Purple Girl? I don't come here often, and I still miss the Girl...Dang, that gives me a creepy thought: what if, Purple Girl, or Whimseeee, get tired of Magic, or this place, and decide to leave? I'd cry, and cry, and cry...

"The day Purple Girl leaves is the day the DÛke disappears..."

September 20th, 2000 10:56 PM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

Dang it!
DUke, if you leave, who'll use the word "Dang"? So don't leave, dang it! j/k
You know, come to think of it, I don't think I see you posting all that often anymore, is school keepin' ya busy? Is this your senior year, if so, then it's probably a good idea to stay focused on 'school work'.
-Theodore Roosevelt

September 20th, 2000 11:20 PM

DÛke
Veteran CPA Member
The Black Beast

Dang it YellowJack...
...I AM a senior!
You must be, um, a teacher.
I don't post often because of school, nothing more.
Besides, I wouldn't really leave. I would just feel empty inside since, I consider Purple Girl the person who brought me back into Magic. Just when I was ready to leave MTGnews and get out of the whole internet thing, Purple Girl, out of no where, I didn't even know her, said that people shouldn't leave or something. To me, she was just another screen name back then, but when I knew she was a "she", I liked her a lot, since, I never really had any female friends that played Magic, therefore, Purple Girl was perfect.

When I go out and buy some Invasion cards, I will thank Purple Girl. She is the one who brought me back, otherwise, I wouldn't be playing Magic, or be here in the first place...

That was the whole story, I think...
Besides, she is still here...Trust me, she wouldn't leave without telling us, or me, atleast.

September 21st, 2000 07:16 AM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

uh...
DUke, you know PJ's taken, right? Just checking...

I don't know where the two gals have been; maybe the possibilities of this thread has died out. I know Whimsy was busy on Tuesday and then had to play catch up on Wednesday so that's what she's probably doing.
'...'

September 21st, 2000 09:14 AM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

POP!
oooooooooooooo..........
-Theodore Roosevelt

September 21st, 2000 09:21 AM

Whimsical
Veteran CPA Member
Adorable Sliver!

Hmmm?
Somebody call mah name?

I guess mister Wallcrawler sir already answered the question ... I had to play catch-up the last few days. And don't you worry your pretty little head, mister Dukey sir ... even if I do give up Magic, I'll always try to be here.

And where the heck is Mindi with the results?!

September 21st, 2000 11:50 AM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

44 hrs. and 15 min. to go!
Whimsyyyyyyyyyyyy! This is a kiddie show and so I politely ask you to keep it so! j/k
BTW, anyone for a tall cool one after work?

-Theodore Roosevelt

September 21st, 2000 01:11 PM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

oh no...
... I can see where this is going...

Umm, what cyber-bar did you have in mind?
'...'

September 21st, 2000 01:13 PM

Whimsical
Veteran CPA Member
Adorable Sliver!

Shucks
Don't you worry, YJ dearie! I'll be on mah best behaviour on this thread...

<pulls out Baedeker's Net Map> Hmmm ... Spy's Haven? Pentex is always too full of wyrm-spawn ... Aztech has too many firewalls set up ... so which virtual bar are we hitting first?

September 21st, 2000 01:23 PM

Yellowjacket
Veteran CPA Member
Old Guy

We gotta wait for PJ!
Let's go somewhere where they play 80's music.

-Theodore Roosevelt

September 21st, 2000 01:36 PM

Spiderman
Veteran CPA Member
Wall-Crawler

wooo!
I'm all for that! But poor Whimsy has bedtime by the time we're off work... it'll be more like a nightcap for her.

"Rock me Amadeus (Amadeus, Amadeus...)"
'...'

September 21st, 2000 02:53 PM

DÛke
Veteran CPA Member
The Black Beast

I'm waitn' for the notables results my self...
I think Almindhra said she's gonna post them on Monday or somethin' like that, I aint totally sure 'bout it though.

Whimseee, I have a question I'm dyin' to ask: where and/or why do ya call everyone "sir" and "mam"? It's funny, actully, but why? Just wonderin'bout it, nothin' more.

Spidy, PJ IS actully taken: she has a BF in RL, but we aint in RL, we're in the DL: Digital Life. I love the internet, I think.

PJ didn't leave.
I'll bother her with emails if she doesn't show up by Saturday night. She will come back, just watch it, she must, she has to...

**Sits down, looks at the words, and wishes he could speaks them instead of writes them...**

COME BACK PG!

**Screams**

September 21st, 2000 10:25 PM

Purple_jester
Veteran CPA Member
Sorceress Queen

Y'know people...
Midnight EST is usually the best time for cyberjacking. Will I meet up with you people later?

YAWN. What a great nap that was. I get so little sleep, with my "job" and all. Sorry I've been amiss. I had to expose the brachial nerve plexus of the cadaver we've been assigned to... <blinks>

Sorry. Got to remember to keep that stuff out of the boards. I don't think any of you are remotely interested in human anatomy anyway. Well, okay. Some men are VERY interested in human anatomy. Especially female human anatomy, but y'know what I mean.

Spidey, nice to see you've gotten rid of the psychedelic costume. I apologize for that, but you DID want to doodle on me, so what was I supposed to do? I happen to like 80's music, too, though I'm more inclined to the romatic songs and pop-style music.

Oops. My sprite is de-rezzing again... <adjusts self so she stops fuzzing out> There, that's better. My connection's been freaked lately. Maybe my Self Program needs tuning.

DUke, you missed me? How sweet. <hugs DUke> I was beginning to think you didn't notice or were ignoring me. Especially after you MISTAKENLY thought I was the one who started that hideous "DUke-Almindhra" thing. I'm still waiting for an apology, but that's a minor issue.

When's Almindhra going to make the big announcement? When can the party begin? I'm pretty much torn between two costumes right now. One is very flashy and sparkly, which would attract a lot of attention. The other one is more elegant and is more revealing . Come to think of it, the second one would also attract a lot of attention, huh?

YAWN. Still a bit sleepy. Well, wake me up when it's time to go to that 80's music site. <sits down next to DUke and pokes his thigh a few times> You should put on just a little more weight... This thigh isn't pillowy enough. <stretches> I'll turn in right here.

DUke, don't squirm so much while I sleep, okay? <curls up on the couch and puts her head on DUke's lap> Zzzz....

What exactly happened, I can never figure out who changes the subject.

D

DÛke

...what the heck was that for? No offense... or is there:)!

Purple Girl, you're waiting for an apology from me and you didn't tell me? You should've told me! I'm IN NO WAY ignoring you at anytime! DON'T think that again, ok:). I apologize for holding your responsible for the whole thing! I thought we apologize "automatically":), you know, we shouldn't care about each other's mistakes since we don't really know each other, and all the mistakes we do are just "net" mistakes, and not totally life altering, bone crashing, spinal tapping, headache making mistakes;).

I apologize:).

OH, and um, wear, the, um, revealing dress:).

I'll wear my black leather tuxido, with a leapord shirt under it, and black pants, and leapord shoes. I will wear my leapord cowboy hat. I really do have all these cloths too:). Should I make my black hair blonde to match with the leapord theme? NAaaaaaaaaa, I like my black hair...I think...

I hope Almindhra writes the article sometimes this weekend.
I wanna see the results.

*Looks at the sleeping Purple Girl and decides to take a sleep himself. I just lay my head back at the chair and sleep....Zzzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzzz...**Dreaming about the CPA results...** Zzzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz....*

P

Purple_jester

<stretches> Ah! What a lovely nap. So, when are we gonna...

:eek: Gasp! Where is everybody? <scans the empty room> Aw, shucks. They've all gone to the prerelease... And here I am stuck at home studying for my coming exam!

SIGH... Even DUke is gone. He must've crept off while I was sleeping. Oh, well. I hope everybody has fun at the Prerelease, especially Yellowjacket since he's been counting down since 3 days ago. I hope one of us wins one of those prereleases.

Good luck, everyone!!! :D

[Edited by Purple_jester on September 23rd, 2000 at 02:30 PM]

M

Multani

It would prudent for you to correct that typographical error before he goes, in lack of a better term - ballisitic.

[Edited to prevent the untimely death of Purple Jester --Zadok001]

P

Purple_jester

So corrected. It was instinct on my part, though I've suppressed such impulses on these boards.

However, what keeps him from realizing the typo when he reads your post? ;)

Killer Joe

I had a great time at the pre-release! However, these boards are being plagued with "Nay-sayers" to the contrary about the greatness of this set (it's troubling because this is a great 'casualplayers' set and it seems that everyone now is a pro-tour activist and saying it sucks, wud-up-wit-dat?!!). I'm shutting up for awhile until things clear, I don't want to be tempted to jump on the "I'm now a pro-tour analyst" 'Bandwagon' (excpetions go to Gizmo and Houts-they're the only pro-tour opinions I respect).

H

Hetemti

Two Things:

1) This set is very good for Casual, Multi, 5-Color Magic (duh), and Tournaments, due to the fact that the set rewards creativity BIG TIME. Want a creature boost, but think you need lifegain? Armadillo Cloak will to the trick...and there's an instant speed counterpart to it, too. Why run the Master Decoy reprint? I'll save my mana by splicing some blue or green. The apprentices will do the job for a lot less. JUST because I added another color.

2) If you reply to this, I probably won't read it. I might, but I probably won't. Generally, if a thread it longer than 2 pages, it's all repeated quips and spam. You guys need shorter attention spans.

D

DÛke

Where's Almindhra and those results?
Everyone is waiting for them, so where are they?
Purple Girl is waiting to wear her dress!
YellowJacket is waiting to talk his speech!
Where are those results!
COME ON!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not much happened in here over the weekend. What, you need me and Whimsy to keep it going? :)

DUke: I was just checking, that's all. Apparently PJ doesn't mind either so I'll just keep my web-headed snout out of you guys way now :)

PJ: Hey, blame Whimsy for the doodling idea. I would have NEVER come up with it on my own... ;)

dw: What the heck was that business cutting and pasting the whole darn thread? It wasted a lot of valuable space for aimless ramblings...

W

Whimsical

Where're the results?! <pulls out a mallet and starts hunting for the quarterling thief> ;)

And whaddya mean I came up with the doodling idea? You were the one who brought out the inks in the first place, Chakka! :D

Killer Joe

We went over this before, it takes time for her to find the crayons (she should check behind her couch) then, to find un-scribbled on construction paper, and then the actual writing. Besides, she's soooooo ticked about her and DUke being voted "CPA King & Queen" that she refduses to release the results. How do I know this? Mark my word (I'm just guessing).
DUke: Neither of you really deserve each other in that award, I think people just get a kick out you and her discussing issues in an agressive manner (how's THAT for political correctness?).
Whimsy: It was you AND Spiderman that wanted to paint her teeth (I think). I wanted to go to a bar.
Spidey: When's Rondo starting the adventure?