Unofficial CPA Notables Forum

Killer Joe

This CPA Notables voting thing is really bringing community to this place. It has and always will be my dream that this site is our virtual second home and a safe haven for those MTG'ers who don't feel like they quite fit in any of the other MTG sites. God forbid I should ever stop playing MTG, but if I should, I would still post here just because I consider you all family (even though it is virtual family).
I suggest that we continue such ventures, I also think it would be cool to have "Official" CPA shirts printed and up for sale. It could have the cool Halloween colored CPA logo on a black T-shirt or something. I would wear it proudly EVERYWHERE!
I want to personally thank all of you who have given this site a sense of brother and sisterhood, a friendly "Welcome" to the new commers, understanding and forgiveness, & an all around feeling of warm fuzziness <Yellowjacket gives a huge collective hug to everyone>.

Now, about voting for me..........

E

Elrond

I agree totally with you Yellowjacket, and would also like to get a t-shirt.

Nice ploy to get votes, hope it works.

C

Cateran Emperor

"What is the most powerful force in the world?"
"Free T-Shirts"

Heck yea. Okay, so maybe not FREE, but still, you get the idea. We wear them to any prereleases and such we may go to, so we can id each other. maybe have personalized ones with our CPA names on them too (for an additional fee :D)!

E

Elrond

Nice idea on the personalization Emperor.
I love Pinky and the Brain, that was where that quote came from right.

M

magicman_moe

hey mebbe the ones who have more than 200 posts can get coustomized tshirts yaknow hehe i think that would be cool

S

sageridder

we would have to put up with ads.I think the founders have done a wonderfull job and i don't want ads.I personally would pay for a cheesy tee.Lets not make this a commercial site.This site feels like a family,well to me at least.Just my two denars.:)

Z

Zadok001

First of all, if we did do such a thing, it wouldn't be free. We can't afford that. :) AFAIK, we're still working on the CPA button thing proposed a few months ago (Orgg?). That's the closest thing to T-Shirts we're working on.

But I like the idea... I'll do some checking with some people I know who have some connections for getting customized T-Shirts, see what I can do... But I doubt I'll get very far, due to costs. Nonetheless... Good idea. I'd certainly wear a CPA T-Shirt. (My 'What part of ~insert Maxwell's equation here~ don't you understand?' T-shirts are getting pretty ratty.)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was listing to the radio while cleaning up the kitchen the other day when I heard about a store called "These Threads" in okemos, michigan. Now, while the commercial was funny, the point there were trying to make is that they make customized T-shirts at very low prices. I live next to a college, and I guess alot of college kids like personlized t shirts. Anyway, college kids dont got no money, so its pretty cheap.

Just telling ya all in case this t-shirt thing gos global.

Man im tired....Dune awaits...

N

nanokill

yes.....buttons or t-shirts would be nice to have......especially to identify members at tournaments and such.

T

Thrash Golem

hey mr starter of this post.. i know this is a ploy to get like votes and stuff

and i have an idea.. CPA should hire everyone with 100 or more posts and give them a company sports car

A

Almindhra

I would love a t-shirt...Would the names on there by our real names?...Or our names on here?...I really like the name Almindhra...But, I like my real name too...Anyone will do...

But back to YelJak's real topic...Um, I'm thinking of an award to give...Ok, to Yellowjacket...The I wish I could be All-Pro-Magic guy, so I just have to settle for making tourny reports and watching the masters on a videocassette....

lol....

Killer Joe

Wanna share with everybody your first deck: Dauthi-Opal? And how about the first time we played MTG together? You were snowed! (more like burned by a Ball Lightning).

BTW, I never said "FREE", and NOT personalized. If we can get like a pre-order of about 20 T-shirts or so, we probably could get them for about $12 a piece. That wouldn't include shipping and handling (probably add another $3.00 for that). I'll also look into that, Z.

I got another suggestion for an award: "Pro-Tour Wannabe"

A

Almindhra

Hey, that deck wasn't bad!...And the only reason you kicked my bootay was because you were using a PT guys deck!...Just shows how you fit your award so well...

C

Cateran Emperor

PT Wannabe = Gizmo :D j/k, we know you're already there ;)

[Runs back to topic] I'd gladly pay $12 for a CPA shirt. I'd wear it everyday to my local store and get more new members (imagine what FoR could do with that?? :D )

BTW, correct Elrond, that is where the quote's from ;)

M

Multani

I would probably wear the T-Shirt to school.
But I'd wear the buttons everyday. :D

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I'll probably wear the shirt to school since I can't wear my funny beerfest shirt.

W

Whimsical

I just got my voting form and finished PMing it to Mindi!!! Yay! I can't WAIT for the results!!! <giggles> I'm SOOOOOOOO excited! This is so much fun! <pauses to drink the double-espresso sitting glumly beside the laptop> Yaaaaayyyyy!!! <starts running in circles> So when do the results come out?! I hate having a caffeine high! Really I do! Really truly! Mwahahahahahaha!!! More coffee! I think I'll have another double-espresso! C'mon, guys! Finish your voting so we can see the results already!!! <starts threatening the CPA community with a large blunt object to finish their voting already> C'mon, c'mon! Hurryyyyyyyy!!!

Whoa. Calm down, Whimsy. <laughs> Too much coffee there. Even now, my hands are still shaking. I'm going to have one heckuva caffeine-induced hangover in the morning ... hahahahahahahahahaha.

Just as a side-note. I didn't vote for myself ... in ANY category. :D

W

Whimsical

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! <laughs> Too much caffeine too fast. This reminds me of the time when I drank that entire pot of gourmet brewed coffee all by myself. I couldn't stay still for two minutes... <laughs> I know I'm going to pay for this in the morning.

Vote already! C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! I'm calm. Really I am. Really. I'm not kidding. I'm calm.

Vote already! Hahahahahahahaha... :D