T

Thrash Golem

...which is pretty cool

any poop

i think the best x-men is wolverine cuz he resembles a cat

*eats a handful of smurfs*

G

Gizmo

Nightcrawler should have been in the movie, although it probably would have added another $10m to the SFX budget.
Glad Iceman got a bit of a look-in, but absolutely everybody in my group wanted to see Angel and the blue Beast.
Bring on the Sentinels for the sequel!

And who`ll play Galactus in the Surfer movie?

D

DÛke

...I would love to see 2 of my favorite of the X-Men: Psylocke and Gambit.

The sequel is going to be about the Phoenix Saga, I think.

D

Duel

they NEEDED Gambit in the movie! I mean, seriously, his main talent is HE MAKES THINGS GO BOOM! He was MADE for hollywood! He would have been perfect!

Z

Zadok001

[me] scans entire thread[/me]

Wow. You guys are a couple CPA members short of an asylum, aren't you? Dancing to Latin music, hitting each other with hammers, cooking up deadly concoctions, painting each other... Wow. Some strange.

I think I'll just be my usual self and wander into a corner to laugh at everyone. :) And there's no way in hell you can make me TOUCH anything cooked by people who claim that spiked coffee is life's elixer...

"Obviously, it needs more Eye of Newt..."

C

Cateran Emperor

Hmm, we've got a bout one or two dozen members drunk/knocked out from mallets/ unconscious from spiked coffee/uh, painting each other? :eek: And there are ladies in the room too? Somethings not good's gonna come of this, but hey, just give me a good old American whiskey and I'll keep quiet about it ;)

D

Duel

Spiked coffee is better known as God's Blessing. That's the actual title of the drink. And, Zadok, that may be as close to the elixir as possible, neh?

A

Apollo

Gambit and Rouge didn't break up, they were never together to begin with
They were together. There was even one issue where they, in their infinite wisdom, kissed. Gambit was out for quite a while afterwards.

Killer Joe

I think Rogue was married to Magneto in the alternate universe of Apocalypse. Anyway, Rogue sucks. Anyone THAT messed up in the head AND fickle, is by no means a "Team" player. Except for Storm and Jean Grey, all the other female members are ....well, let me just say, "If they left, nothing would really change."
Favorite X-men(s)? Nothing beats team leaders like Cyclops and Strom.
BTW, did you all vote for the CPA Notables?
Also, <Yellowjacket starts to slobber> this time next week I'll be pouring over my new cards. I'm so excited about this set, my friends and I are splitting a case between four of us (that's 6 boxes-That's 216 packs or 216 rares/648 uncommons and a lot of wrapping foil to dispose of). I think we'll be able to make at least make one or maybe two sets from the case.

M

Multani

I forgot what I nominated Yellowjacket for though...
Anyway, I play violin, and I heard of a CPA orchestra....
????

Killer Joe

It's the snare drum and cymbal gag, an old comdian tells a bad joke and the drummer in the band plays "Ba-Dum crash!".

D

Duel

When I get rich I'm gonna hire me a drummer to follow me around and do a rimshot every time I make a bad pun. That's the first thing I'll do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
this thread just drops off over the weekend...

[me] pulls Zadok from the corner[/me]

Oh no you don't! Come on and join me:

"Step Four (four, four), I can give you, mooore..."

Cateran Emperor: No one's PAINTING each other (unless that hammer REALLY knocked me for a loop). One of PJ's spells went awry...

Killer Joe

Did she (your better half) like Debbie Gibson and Tiffany too? How about DuranDuran? Leif Erickson? Or are YOU the closet "pop" lover, j/k? ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, she didn't really like those... from what I can tell when we merged our tape collection together, of more than one tape from a group (which must mean she likes them), are Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, and Bryan Adams (off the top of my head).

*I*'m the pop AND 80's guy. When I like a group I usually start getting all their tapes. Lessee... for pop I guess Belinda Carlise, Go-Go's, Cars, Aerosmith, Dire Straits, Dead or Alive, Erasure, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Huey Lewis and the News, Madonna (exception here: just 80's and early 90's stuff), Roxette, Poison, Weird Al, They Might Be Giants, plus numerous 80's, dance/rap compilations.

Killer Joe

I too am an 80's type of guy.
On the New Wave side:
Erasure
Pet Shop Boys
Dead or Alive
The Cure
New Order
Depeche Mode
ABC
Psychedelic Furs
The Smiths
10,000 Maniacs
Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians
The Church
Orchestral Manouvers in the Dark (O.M.D.)
Alphaville
Modern English
Billy Bragg (Gizmo!!!)
The The
etc........
On the "POP" & Rock side:
Men at Work
Heuy Lewis and the News
Van Halen
Rush
ZZ Top
The Police
REM
U2
Yes
Pink Floyd
In a Big Country
Cyndi Lauper
Madonna
The Clash
Wang Chung
Dream Academy
Power Station
Phil Collins
Def Leppard
White Snake
Janet Jackson
Dixie's Midnight Runners
Berlin
Billy Idol
Greneration Next
Thompson Twins
etc.......
I used to like all kinds of stuff, remember when Run D.M.C and Aerosmith did 'Walk This Way'? That was cool.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, I like and have heard and have a lot of the well-known singles from almost all of those bands. Although ever notice that a lot of the 80's compilations have the same songs? It's hard to get new ones... I need a CD burner... :)

Totally forgot OMD as a multi-tape group. Love em...

"Walk This Way" was the biggest hit in high school. EVERYONE went around trying to rap (including me). It was hilarious... Like the old school rap too, Suger Hill Gang and Furious Five and Treacherous Three (stuff by Suger Hill label)...