The Ultimate Magic Draft

D

DarthFerret

I know that this is going really slowly right now, but, how about we give Homestar until the end of this week (meaning Saturday) to make his pick. If he has not done so by that time, we try the skip thing. If we make it back to him, and he has still not picked (thus having 2 picks in a row) we consider him dropped and his cards available (see, I am suggesting this and I will not have a shot at those cards....fair enough?). Also I would like to suggest a 1 week period for a time limit on picks after this. Most of us here can get on at least once a week. What say the players?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If we decide to drop him from this, I think we should remove the cards he drafted from the game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
We could also try to recruit someone to replace him. This someone would have to be willing to join in after we've already started and have the very early beginnings of a green/white deck to work with...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hmm..... that's true. We COULD ask theorgg, Gizmo, Nightstalkers, jorael, or the like. But, what if Homestar comes back in mid-draft?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Obviously something needs to be done, give him until Wednesday morning, if he hasn't picked by then, then I say we skip his pick and move on, and if he hasn't made himself known by the time his pick rolls around again, then if someone else is willing to step in and take over we should do that. If not, then we just forget about the cards he has picked.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ransac said:
But, what if Homestar comes back in mid-draft?
Then that's too bad for him. I'm perfectly willing to give him more time, but we can't give him forever. If he'd given warning of his absence or popped back in to explain, then I'd have more misgivings about it, but he seems to have disappeared entirely...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda agree with the above except I think we should already move on to the next drafter. I think unless you give advance notice that you'll be gone (like I'll be doing for the end of June :) ), you should get a week from when the previous person drafted. And if you miss two times in a row, your cards are dropped from the pool and you're eliminated from the draft.

We could make it so if they come back at a later date, they're back in the draft with all of their cards but then their number will be off so I don't know if we want to get into things that complicated. Just drop them and they'll have to wait until the next one :)

And for this one, it'll give us eight players again, right?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I agree. I think giving Homestar until Wednesday morning is more than reasonable and in the future, I think everyone should have one full week to make their pick. If someone knows they'll be gone for a week or more, they'll need to PM someone with their preferences. Perhaps the Orgg or TomB would be willing to assume the duties of unbiased arbitrator. I don't think it would be fair to have people PM their picks to someone in the game.

Also, I think we should leave Homestar in the game with his current picks, but for all intents and purposes, skip over him until he comes back. So if he finally decides to show up in the middle of round 37, he can pick up 35 cards in a row (after notifying us, first) and be considered up to speed.

EDIT: On second thought, I agree more with Spidey. Homestar has had plenty of time to pick and it's highly unlikely he'll be on before tomorrow morning. Motion to move on without him?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, Melkor's last pick was last Monday, so he's had more than a week. We should move on.

I don't think he should be allowed to get 35 or whatever cards in a row. I think if you're gone, you're gone.

And I'm biased here as I'll be gone two weeks at the end of June/beginning of July, but I'd like to see what was taken before I pick - I don't trust PMing future picks to a non-drafter because I might change my mind. Or think of something else... though I know it will hold up the game for the rest of you.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'll second turgy22's motion. Let's move on. ALSO, beginning next Monday, I'm going to be in a workshop for about 3 weeks and I do not know my internet situation (I imagine I'll have internet). But, if my turn comes back and I don't respond for 3-4 days or so, I want you guys to move on. If I could get those picks later, that's fine. If I just lose those picks, oh well.

But, I second the motion. Who's up next?

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Pick is made. Don't know how good a pick it was, but it is made nonetheless...

H

Homestar

Ahhh I'm really sorry if I ruined the draft or held you guys up or anything. My computer crashed on the 17th and just wouldnt start back up so it took forever to find the problem and fix it, I just got it fixed today.

Am I out of the draft now or did I just have to skip any rounds I missed? Either way is cool with me.

Again, I apologize.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't consider it a big deal. If you're back, we can just have you make your pick now, I should think (pop into the other thread and see if that's okay with everyone else, I guess). In the future, I'd suggest using the computer at a library or somewhere (school?) even if you can't use the computer for more than a minute and it's just one quick post to let us know that you're without internet access for however long.