The Ultimate Magic Draft

H

Homestar

Eek, sorry to cause so much confusion about my absence =(. It was unexpected for my computer to break down when it did. If I ever have to leave for an exteded period of time I ill inform you guys for sure, I just didnt expect to be gone that time.

Sorry =)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No biggie. As a result, we now have a time limit in place, which I think is a good thing.

Homestar: Sorry I didn't reply to your IM. Was in the shower.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Lythand

Ransac said:
No biggie. As a result, we now have a time limit in place, which I think is a good thing.

Homestar: Sorry I didn't reply to your IM. Was in the shower.

Ransac, cpa trash man

What is the time limit??

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
A week. For example, here's Spidey's most recent post. It has when Zigathon needs to make his post by.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
WOW! We're drafting at rocket speed now!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

EDIT: Wow! Lythand had a plan. He grabbed Grim Monolith and Power Artifact early. That spells infinite mana. Kudos to the two card combo. I never saw that coming.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
:rolleyes: I love this place...

Homestar, you should've listed Melkor's date as June 9, not June 2. That date should be a week after the current date. Also, you forgot to update your draft list.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, the draft is now back to Oversoul.

I went ahead and picked up Counterspell. I may have been able to grab it a round or too later, but it's early and anybody can still pick up blue as a color. Plus, the next few picks I'm hoping on may slip under the radar.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul has just drafted Tinker (Which he commented with "I am making a mistake...
"). I'm not sure if he made a mistake or not. Tinker is a pretty powerful card AND there are countless powerful artifacts left in the draft. The only thing that this pick does is expand his color pool to B/U. However, judging by his comments after I drafted TimeTwister, I'd say it was fairly certain that he was considering blue already. :D

I think you made a good pick, Oversoul. Maybe a round or two too early, but you can never know with this group of misfits! :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you guys picking Black and Blue are going to be fighting over some cards, depending on which way you go (combo, beatdown, etc). So in that view Counterspell was a good pick now.

I think Lythand has it fairly easy as he's the only one with red right now :) Same thing with Homestar and green (although apparently he might be fighting with me for white).

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
Oversoul has just drafted Tinker (Which he commented with "I am making a mistake...
"). I'm not sure if he made a mistake or not. Tinker is a pretty powerful card AND there are countless powerful artifacts left in the draft. The only thing that this pick does is expand his color pool to B/U. However, judging by his comments after I drafted TimeTwister, I'd say it was fairly certain that he was considering blue already.

I think you made a good pick, Oversoul. Maybe a round or two too early, but you can never know with this group of misfits!
I think Tinker was a great pick. Actually, I think I made a mistake by not taking it with my last pick. Alas, I thought it would last another round.

Spiderman said:
I think you guys picking Black and Blue are going to be fighting over some cards, depending on which way you go (combo, beatdown, etc). So in that view Counterspell was a good pick now.

I think Lythand has it fairly easy as he's the only one with red right now :) Same thing with Homestar and green (although apparently he might be fighting with me for white).
Actually, it's kind of funny how things are going right now. Black and Blue are clearly going to be torn over, but I also think they have the best cards to offer this format, so if everyone's careful, they should be able to get the cards they want without too much interference. I think, if anything, Zigathon might run into some problems since he's made it very apparent that he's going mono-black. But on the other hand, almost all of his cards are the types that only get used in mono-black decks, so I don't see anyone else really going for them, either.

As far as the other colors go, DarthFerret is more firmly entrenched in green than Homestar. Nobody's actually drafted a red card yet (Red Mox != Red Card). And Ransac drafted WoG, so there's a good chance he'll be sticking his nose in white, as well.

Needless to say, I think it's been quite interesting how this has gone so far. We'll see whose strategy worked the best soon enough.