The Ultimate Magic Draft

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well Ransac, here's your chance to pick Dwarven Pony... ;)

I'm wondering if Zigathon and I will always be competing for the same cards...

Melkor

I wanted Sol Ring as well. Settled for Morphling, there just isn't another creature that can do what Morphling does.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Melkor said:
I wanted Sol Ring as well. Settled for Morphling, there just isn't another creature that can do what Morphling does.
um..... Hello??? Dwarven Pony?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

I definitely thought it might get around to me again looking at what other people have picked behind me but looking at the other cards I was considering, I figured if most of them got picked, there were replacements and I didn't see a replacement for Morphling. Dwarven Pony is on a level so far removed from Morphling, I didn't even want to have to contemplate the universal ramifications of such a pick.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I just e-mailed Homestar to remind him of this. He hasn't been on in a week or so, so I wonder if he's forgotten about us.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm starting to think my original prediction of this draft taking 3 years may end up being way too low. I'm already starting to wonder how we should handle new sets coming out as we move along. For now, I think all the cards should be Vintage-legal up to Dissension. It'd be unfair if Coldsnap came out with some really powerful cards that could be snatched up by whoever happens to have that pick at the time.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This wouldn't take so long if Spidey hadn't taken that week off. It's all his fault....

.....let's tar and feather him....... after we've burned off his Spidey suit...... that we've infested with fleas............. and then steal his wallet.... you get the idea.

:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What, so I should have taken off this week? You're really gonna love me at the end of June/beginning of July then :)

I agree, everything up to Dissension.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
OH YEAH! Yeah, I concur. Nothing past Dissension.

...unless........

Just a thought. Let's say that this lasts the couple of years that turgy22 is expecting. If that's the case, then how about after so many rounds/period of time, we randomly alter the drafting order and include the newer sets?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I can agree to that. It gives everyone time to see how the cards of the set work.

I'm assuming that this doesn't apply to the "up-to-Dissension" idea. Just for the sets being released Cold Snap and onward.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Maybe it won't be an issue. Our pace so far is 22 picks in 16 days or about 1.375 picks per day. Assuming we make it all the way through 45 rounds, that's a total of 405 picks. We should be able to finish that in about 300 days.

That is, of course, assuming that everyone stays on the ball and doesn't take a week off.

D

DarthFerret

Homestar, oh Homestar, wherefor art thou Homestar? Does't thou be considering the Dwarven Pony?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay guys. What're we going to do about Homestar?

We COULD begin to implement what the NFL draft does. They have a certain period of time to pick when it comes their turn. If they don't draft within their 15 minutes, then the next team can pick as well. They can pick at any time, but they aren't guaranteed the ability to pick before the next time.

So, you guys wanna put a time limit on picks? And if they don't pick, then the next person can go ahead.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
:eek:

YOU'D REWARD HIS ABSENCE WITH SUCH A GEM AS THE ALMIGHTY DWARVEN PONY!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? HAVE YOU GONE MAD!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ransac, cpa trash man