The Ultimate Magic Draft

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by turgy22, May 4, 2006.

1. Homestar Who invited this guy?

Darn you Spidey =D. Thats what I had my eye on =P. Someone is probably gonna pick up my #2 choice too =P. This is outrageously hard for me because I started playing Magic when the Mirrodin set came out =D.
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Oversoul is taking far too long to get back online to make his draft pick.

I want to take my pick and be over with it.

Can we trade draft picks? :D :D

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Well, sorry Ransac. I was behind on my chemistry lab writeup.

I pick Black Lotus.

Oh man! I can't believe it. I got the Lotus! You're all going to die...
  4. Homestar Who invited this guy?

*Cough* Oversoul there is a special thread where you post your picks and we discuss them here and stuff *cough*
  5. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Spidey got to post his pick here!
  6. Homestar Who invited this guy?

Yeah but then after his post they made a new thread for the picks and such...

Lol why do I care? I'm not runnin this =P it's all good =)
  7. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I'll just go ahead and add it on the page when I make my pick.... heh-heh-heh.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  8. Zigathon Registered Nerd

Oh man... this is going to rock!
    Thanks for letting me join on such short notice.
  9. Melkor Active Member

Well, I'm quite pleased with Ancestral Recall in the 4th spot. I'd probably have taken it number 1. It's just straight card advantage, basically no downsides.
  10. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

I ment how are we to determin randomness when drawing cards from out decks.

And just so you guys know, I am poor at drafting. SO my picks may seem out of the ussual.
  11. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

2 things.

One I am assuming the decks will be only 40 cards?

2. Why dont we do single elimination ladder match, giving someone a random each round all the way to the semfinal round. SO last 2 rounds will only have 2 one on one matches.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I see the cards on the Restricted List are going first... :)

I was thinking about AR vs the Library, but I figured the AR was a one-shot deal (probably) while the Library was more permanent :)
  13. turgy22 Nothing Special

Looks like there's a run on Moxen. I suppose the possibility of a free mana-producer on your first turn is too great to pass up.
  14. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Yeah, I agree on Ancestral Recall. I was fighting whether or not to take a Mox or the Recall, but I ultimately decided to take the Mox.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  15. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

You are correct. It is the Ruby Mox....Look out folks, we got a burn deck in the makings...
  16. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Yeah, Mox seemed the way to go. When I was thinking of the ultimate mana acceleration, I though Sapphire, then I thought...hey why not the Emerald?
  17. Lythand Veteran CPA Member

Lol More then likley my deck will be Multi colored. And since we can see what we are all drafting, I am sure they will know what I am building.
  18. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I know, but it was fun to say!
  19. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Not that comments aren't awesome (and, yes, a question about Mox Ruby was asked), but reminding that this thread is for comments and the other thread is solely for the draft itself.

I think that the first round selections (so far) have been pretty consistent with what they should've been. The only non-power nine card taken (No. 1 Pick: Library of Alexandria) has been considered as a bastard-step-cousin (my terminology) of the Power Nine. Plus, it can be used in any color deck. I like the first round so far.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So the question is, will turgy22 take the last Mox or leave it for Zigathon? :eek: