The CPA Magic Sports League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

If I'd been in your place, I'd have taken the Stronghold too, much more versatile. Thanks for the Cursed Scroll though, I'll make good use of it.

B

BigBlue

The problem with the stronghold as I see it is a ton of land destruction out there... so I hate to build too much around it... Well, that and the odds of pulling it from a deck are low too... but I saw some good utility creatures... I had been looking for a U/R build, but people above started taking cards...

Why all the Mountains? Anyone know? I hate those generators which add mountains instead of commons...

D

DarthFerret

The scariest thing about picking in the middle is that you are picking enough cards to kind of define your starting color(s) with very little guarantee that you will be able to keep on that same tack. Also very frustrating that I did not have first pick of my own packs (I wanted that Wrath.....Dang you Trashman). As was stated above, if I had thought that through a bit, Unlimited would not have been in my pack choice. But, c'est la vie. I am actually pretty happy with some of the picks I did get to make. Never really saw myself going that color in a draft before.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree DF. I just wasn't sure where I wanted to go. The Confiscate in Melkor's pack kinda defined it, but not sure if that's where I wanted to end up... oh well :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just a reminder to keep all discussion in this thread, so the draft thread stays as managable as possible.

And Modus, watch those signals. You don't want to make them too obvious.

R

rokapoke

Turgy, what are the odds you can conveniently color the links in your opening post, like so:

Card Selections
Division 1
Mooseman
Dark Ritual
Dark Ritual
Metallic Sliver
Darkheart Sliver
Clot Sliver
Muscle Sliver
Mindwhip Sliver
Darksteel Citadel
Necromancer's Magemark
Swat
Durkwood Boars

Modus Pwnens
Rancor
Moment's Peace
Aquastrand Spider
Karstoderm
Multani's Acolyte
Yavimaya Granger
Wildsize
Tangle Asp
Tangle Asp
Untamed Wilds
Aluren
City of Solitude
Scuzzback Scrapper
River Boa

Budget Player Cadet
Impending Disaster
Rites of Initiation
Streetbreaker Wurm
Viridian Joiner
Boldwyr Intimidator
Overrun
Lightning Bolt
Grinning Ignus

Rokapoke
Ghitu Slinger
Ghitu Slinger
Izzet Guildmage
Fodder Cannon
Repopulate
Leafdrake Roost
Regress
Wayfarer's Bauble
Giant Growth
Thunderblade Charge
Sandstorm
Aftershock
Simoon

Ransac
Thorn Elemental
Deranged Hermit
Leyline of the Meek
Stir the Pride
Stonehewer Giant
Wrath of God

Division A
BigBlue
Bone Shredder
Gravedigger
Woebringer Demon
Neurok Hoversail
Mawcor
Time Elemental
Augur of Skulls
Dragon Mask
Volrath's Stronghold

Spiderman
Confiscate
Miscalculation
Disembowel
Echoing Truth
Sage's Dousing
Merchant Scroll
Living Airship

Melkor
Thornwind Faeries
Jodah's Avenger
Minister of Impediments
Tower of Fortunes
Time Ebb
Sinkhole
Llanowar Wastes
Humility
Godhead of Awe
Cursed Scroll

DarthFerret
Knighthood
Testament of Faith
Belfry Spirit
Bringer of the White Dawn
Helm of Kaldra

Rakarth
Frantic Search
Seize the Day
Vug Lizard
Sleeper's Guile
Bloodscale Prowler
Sparring Collar
Veteran's Armaments
Ambush Party
Tahngarth's Rage
Lightning Elemental
Emberstrike Duo
Hearth Charm

turgy22

Nothing Special
Not a problem. Oh, you want odds? How about 87%? I guess it depends on how busy I am at the time, but I'll try to periodically update the colors from now on, if it'll make things easier for everyone.

And thanks for starting things out.

B

BigBlue

(moved from draft thread to appease turgy... shoulda known better) :)

With each successive draft, this list is becoming more manageable... :)

Course, by the time it rolls around to me I don't know what'll be left... Mountains, for sure!

Colors... Hmm... Spidey & I are in the same division and appear to be going the same direction... crap...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You're complaining about you and Spidey gunning for the same? Try being in a division where everyone is drafting green.

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

BigBlue

Ahhh... good point. :)

I have Melkor to contend w/ too, but fortunately I draft right before him. :)

R

Rakarth

Ok, my pc has broken and I can't get on the uni pc's long enough to complete the draft. Is there a chance I can ask for a small extension on the draft time? My new pc should arrive tomorrow or Friday at the latest and tomorrow I should be able to borrow a friends in order to do this thing properly.

Pretty please:D:p

Rakarth

R

rokapoke

It's fine by me. The sooner the better, though, because I'm itching to make my next ten mediocre picks!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, I already PMed Rakarth and told him it was fine. The situation is obviously out of his control, so I'm cool with it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
rokapoke said:
It's fine by me. The sooner the better, though, because I'm itching to make my next ten mediocre picks!
I'm aspiring to have mediocre picks...... like Ransac is aspiring to be funny..... someday.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.