The CPA Magic Sports League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Time zones can definitely slow down a game. Spiderman and I always take forever because our bi-costal locations and the fact that he is not on in the evening. While I really like the idea of keeping everyone on roughlyy the same schedule, it definitely creates logistical problems. I think playing ahead might be alright, since because you'd have to wait for your scheduled opponent there would be a certain amount of interlocking.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman: I'm not so sure about trying to schedule around vacations. If they come up, they come up and we'll just have to wait it out. I think it'd be too hard trying to schedule bye weeks so far in advance. Besides, if games get played ahead, it wouldn't really make much of a difference, since anyone playing early would just get their games done faster and the vacations would still fall at the same times. So it's not like it would slow anything down.

Modus: Yeah, I agree that the 2 weeks might be cutting things short. That's why I'd like to try to match up people based on when they're online, to mitigate the effect of time zone shift as much as possible. Like I said, I think we'll have to play it out a bit and see how it goes at first.

I'm going to be keeping track of records and results in the first post of this thread. I like Modus' idea of pairings as they come up. I could create a schedule for the first week and subsequent games could start as soon as players are done. The downside of this is that a few players may get so far ahead that there's a long lag before the can play again. Also, you'd miss out on knowing your next opponent and looking forward to future games on the schedule. But things would certainly move along faster.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Turgy22: Just set the rules so that we can follow them. If adjustments need made they can be made in the future.

All: I know my games will take no more than 2 days..... my card pool is that bad.....

Melkor

So I'm developing Black in the minor leagues, we'll have to see how many seasons it takes to get to the big league club.

B

BigBlue

I think all these decks will be "random" enough that we'll all struggle a bit MM... I love the stronghold, but unfortunately I see lots and lots of LD to deal w/ it... and I've no way to get it back from GY.

I think it'll be interesting to see how a 1 game match goes... The rematches later will be fun.

D

DarthFerret

I hate to do this 2 picks in a row. However, I just found out tonight that my best friend in college has passed away. I will not be checking in here for a few days. I should be back around Saturday I think. Sorry for the delay.

turgy22

Nothing Special
The end is in sight! With DarthFerret's latest picks, his total cardpool is up to 35, meaning he'll only need to make one more round of selections before he's done. Everyone else still has 2 rounds of selections yet, but the draft is still almost wrapped up. I don't think it'll finish by the end of May, as I initially predicted, but early June should be doable and we'll be able to get the games started. I'll post the first week of matchups shortly.

B

BigBlue

Ransac said:
We should throw a party! BRING OUT THE GOAT AND PADDLE!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man
What, you've moved on from POKERS and PONIES?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, I just picked 10 cards to start the 5th round.
Here are the totals:

Totals
1) Mooseman ...............41
2) Rakarth ...................32
3) Rokapoke .................33
4) Modus Pwnens ..........34
5) DarthFerret ..............35
6) Ransac ....................36
7) Spiderman ................37
8) Budget Player Cadet ...38
9) BigBlue .....................39
10) Melkor ....................40

How are the picks supposed to continue?

B

BigBlue

As far as I know... Next round you'll have 4 picks (from My pack, BPC, Spidey, & Ransac).

When we get to DF, he's making his final selections as are those who pick after him (including me). Only the first 4 players will have a round 6.

There are 13 Picks left - really only 12 since Modus is inheriting his final card (from my packs) in round 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.