Subterfuge; Post revision cards

C

Cateran Emperor

Why not? Though they aren't likely very good, as I haven't designed a card in quite some time, I need something to take my mind off MTGNews.

Cateran, Imperial Highlord
RRR
Creature - Barbarian Knight Legend; 3/4
Protection from Blue, Haste
You may play Sorcery cards in your graveyard as though they were in your hand. Whenever you play a spell from your graveyard, remove that spell from the game as part of the spell's effect.

Sulfurous Rain
1RR
Sorcery
Sulfurous Rain can't be countered.
Destroy target land.

Earthen Missile
R
Sorcery
Earthen Missile deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
You may play Earthen Missile any time you could play an instant if you pay 1 more to play it. If you do, you may deal an additional 1 damage to that target.

Tectonic Rift
1RR
Sorcery
You may play Tectonic Rift any time you could play an instant if you pay R more to play it.
Destroy target land.

Lightning Wave
X1RR
Sorcery
You may play Lightning Wave any time you could play an instant if you play R more to play it.
Lightning Wave deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures or players.

Imperial Battlemage
3RR
Creature - Barbarian Knight; 2/2
Protection from Blue, Protection from White, Haste.
When Imperial Battlemage comes into play, you may return up to two target Sorcery cards from your graveyard to your hand.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Cateran, Imperial Highlord
Pretty cool, but should be 3/3 so Rage/Incerate-able. I always thought you'd be black, and maybe, uh a mercenary Cateran:)

Sulfurous Rain
Kick ass! LD lives on!

Earthen Missile
A more flexible Sorcery Incinerate...Its balanced.

Tectonic Rift
Ive always been kinda scared of instant LD, because I dont understand the ruling proccess behind it. The only instant thing I can think of is Seismic Mage. If I tap my seven lands to play something, and you Tectonic Rift a land before Something resolves, does that make tectonic rift sizzle and give me 6 mana burn or what? I dont know...

Lightning Wave
Instant Rolling Thunder, looks good to me...

Imperial Battlemage
Pretty strong for 3RR....its printable, but really, really, really good. 5R or 2RRR would balance it. Or lose its Haste-ness.

Good ideas Cateran, I like how your branching off the "Sorcery-Instant" thing of Invasion, that never really was explored very well.

A couple new dumb ideas:

Broken Silence
4U (Maybe 1WU)
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, choose a card type. (The card types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, and sorcery.)
Whenever all players have an equal life total, you may sacrifice ~this~. If you do, search target players library for all copies of the chosen type, and place them in that players graveyard.

Backup Plan
2U
Enchantment
Whenever you have 5 or less life, you may shuffle your hand into your library and draw seven cards.

Eagerness
3UU
Enchantment
During your upkeep, if you have 7 cards or more in your hand, you may shuffle target permanent into its owner's library.

Essence of White
2WW
Creature -Wall
When ~this~ comes into play, choose either Enchanment, Artifact, or Creature.
Flying
W, T: Return target permanent of the chosen type to owners hand.
0/5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, tapping the lands for mana happens "instantly"; you can still destroy the land but the player still gets the mana from it.

It's like using an Icy to tap a land in response to someone tapping lands to cast a spell; by the time the Icy resolves (normally), the land's already tapped so it won't really do anything.

Some hazy areas are if you have to back up or make an illegal play, as shown in that one thread "Piddling Mistake" in CPA/Magic Issues forum.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Scorpions
1B
Creature - Scorpions
Whenever Scorpions damages any creature, destroy that creature.
2B: Regenerate Scorpions
1/1

Strange Brood
2B
Creature - Minion
Whenever Strange Brood damages any creature, Strange Brood deals 6 damage to that creature’s controller and 6 damage to you.
2/1

City Plauge
2BB
Instant
Put two -1/-1 counters, divided any way you choose, among any number of target creatures.

Sinner Rise
4BB
Sorcery
Target oppoent loses two life for each creature in play.

Bayou's Reach
3GG
Creature - Elemental
Swampwalk
4/5

Steel Wall (Formerly Great Wall)
1W
Creature - Wall
(Walls cannot attack)
Flying
Great Wall can only block Red or Black creatures.
0/7
The Wall could block the feircest of dragons, but the most smallest of elves could fit through it's cracks

Wisdom's Malice
3B
Sorcery
Target player loses life equal to the number of cards in his or her hand.

Stunt Growth
1UU
Sorcery
Shuffle target land into it's controller's library.

Vitality Flood
2G
Instant
You may sacrifice a creature instead of paying ~this~'s mana cost.
Untap all permanents you control.

Mind's Strength
4GG
Sorcery
Untill end of turn, you may play creatures from your hand without paying their casting cost.

Champion of the Meek
4G
Creature - Elf?
Whenever an oppenent draws a card, you may put a +1/+1 counter on ~this~
1/1

Matter over Mind
2UU
Enchantment
Tap four untapped non-enchantment permanents you control: Draw a card

Political Manuever
1G
Sorcery
Add 2G to target opponents mana pool. Draw two cards.

Spectator's Arena
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Spectator's Arena does not untap during your next untap step.

Druid's Meditation
1GG
Instant
Return any number of cards from your graveyard on top of your library in any order.

Shrub Maze
2G
Enchantment
When Shrub Maze comes into play, all opponents may search their libraries for a card and put that card in their hand. Each player then shuffles his or her library.
Only creatures with landwalk may attack you.

Mind Manifest
2BB
Creature - Elemental
When Mind Manifest comes into play, discard any number of cards. For each card discarded in this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Mind Manifest.
1: Mind Manifest becomes a Blue or Red creature until end of turn. Any player may play this ability.
3/3

Sculpter's Creation
Artifact Creature - Golem
At the beggining of your draw step, you may skip drawing a card. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on Sculpter's Creation. It gains your choice of flying, first strike, or trample until end of turn.
1/1

Forgiviness
3W
Enchantment
Whenver damage is assigned to a creature or player, prevent half of that damage, rounded up.

Over extend
RW
Sorcery
Destroy target tapped Land.

Cumulative Wisdom
5U
Sorcery
Return all cards in all graveyards to their owner's hands. Draw a card for each land returned this way.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Taunted Knight
2W
Creature - Knight
Taunted Knight cannot attack unless a red or black permanent is in play.
3/3

Fearful Demon
2B
Creature - Demon
Fearful Demon cannot block unless a Green or White permanent is in play.
3/2

Glimpse of Illusion
1U
Instant
When Glimpse of Illusion comes into play, search your library for a creature enchantment and put it on target creature in play. Sacrifice that enchantment at end of turn. Shuffle your library.
Draw a card.

Time Lapse
2UU
Sorcery
Put target permanent on top of it's owner's library.

Paradise Lost
3R
Sorcery
Sacrifice any number of lands. For each land sacrificed this way, draw a card.

Hermit's Lifestyle
G
Enchantment
Each player may play only one of each card type per turn. (The card types are Artifact, Creature, Land, Enchantment, Instant, or Sorcery.)

Mana Slur
G
Instant
Target creature becomes a land of your choice until end of turn.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Great Wall is already a card, from Legends. It is also the worst card in existence (debatable). But it des make sense to give that name to a card that bad... :rolleyes:

Very imaginative cards though. I especially like Shrub Maze.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Mana Slinger's
1G
Creature - Elves
2: Add G to target players mana pool.
1/1

Peaceful Woods
2G
Enchantment
2GG: Put a 1/1 green Saproling token into play.
Sacrifice a token: Draw a card

Muse's Brooch
Artifact
When Muse's Brooch comes into play, draw a card.

Apprentice's Solution
U
Enchantment
1U, Sacrifice Apprentice's Solution: Counter target spell

Corrupted Karma
4B
Instant
Target oppenent loses life equal to the damage dealt to all creatures and players this turn.

Elitism
2GG
Sorcery
If all creatures you control are green, gain 2 life for each land you control.

Blacksmith's Hammer
Artifact
Whenever a player plays a land, all oppenents of that player may search through that players library for a card, and put that card in that players graveyard.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Graveyard Autopsy
B
Enchantment
2B: Search your library for a card, and put that card in your graveyard. Shuffle your library afterwards.
1B, Sacrifice ~this~: Return target card from your graveyard to play.

Boring Card that Should be Cut
3R
Enchantment
At the end of each players turn, that player is dealt 3 damage unless he or she played a spell that turn.

Growing Brambles
2G
Instant
Put a 1/1 green Saproling token into play.
Draw a card.

Ongoing War (REWORD)
2R
Enchantment
During each players turn combat step, all creatures that player controls must attack. Return each creature the player control's that did not attack to the owner's hand at end of turn.

Springing Stag
1G
Creature - Stag
Whenever Springing Stag deals damage to a player, you may remove up to 5 cards in your library from the game. Shuffle your library aftewards.
2/2

Z

Zadok001

Wisdom's Malice
3B
Sorcery
Target player loses life equal to the number of cards in his or her hand.

Does the world REALLY need ANOTHER Stormseeker?

Vitality Flood
2G
Instant
You may sacrifice a creature instead of paying ~this~'s mana cost.
Untap all permanents you control.

Vitalize + better Early Harvest != 2G with alternate casting cost.

Matter over Mind
2UU
Enchantment
Tap four untapped permanents you control: Draw a card

Might want to make that not let you tap Enchantments. I hear tapping a land, and then tapping the Fertile Ground on it would be strong.

Druid's Meditation
1GG
Instant
Return any number of permanents from your graveyard on top of your library in any order.

No such thing as a permanent in the graveyard. Try "artifact cards, creature cards, enchantment cards, and land cards."

Shrub Maze
2G
Enchantment
When Shrub Maze comes into play, all opponents may search their libraries for a card and put that card in their hand. Each player then shuffles his or her library.
Only creatures with landwalk may attack you.

That is the coolest card I've ever seen. :) Nice concept, beautiful execution. Kudos!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Wisdom's Malice:
Wow, I didnt even know what storm seeker is. I made it as a reverse Gerrards Wisdom. Oh well.

Vitality Flood:
Early Harvest sucks.

Matter over Mind:
Thank you! That was almost a big mistake!

Druids Meditation:
Ill reword it to "Return any number of cards..."

Thanks for the critiqing Zadok!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Middle Man Blue
2U
Creature - Merchant
Whenever you would draw a card, put it instead underneath Middle Man.
2: Put the top card beneath Middle Man into your hand.
1: Draw a card.
2/2

Middle Man White
1W
Creature - Cleric
Direct all damage dealt to you to Middle Man. If Middle Man takes damage exceeding his toughness, you lose life equal to the excess amount of damage.
0/3

F

FoundationOfRancor

Flowing Insanity
3U
Enchantment
Whenever you discard a card from your hand, you may pay U. If you do, you may draw a card.

Life Cycle??????
2G
Enchantment
Lands now count as spells.

Serf Tyrant
G
Creature - Lord
When Serf Tyrant comes into play, destroy all elves you control. Then, search your hand and your library for all elf cards and put them in your graveyard. Shuffle your library afterwards.
All elves get +2+2 and cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
1/1

F

FoundationOfRancor

Companionship in Arms
1GGG
Enchantment
As Companionship in Arms comes into play, choose a creature type.
All creatures are of the chosen type.

Chronoloop
1U
Sorcery
Take another turn after this one. Then, skip your next turn.

Strangler Jjinn
2BB
Creature - Jjinn
When Strangler Jjinn comes into play, destroy an elf or sacrifice Strangler Jjinn.
5/5

F

FoundationOfRancor

Jason Roth
2U
Enchantment
When ~this~ comes into play, draw X cards. X is equal to the number of cards in your library.
Skip your discard step.

Kevin Banas
1UU
Instant
Draw 2 cards.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Strangler Djinn: If you don't mean to say "target elf", should you say "an elf you control"?

Jason Roth: So you're going to lose on your next turn if you don't win by then?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Strangler Jjinn:
I ment to say "an elf" and its not supposed to target either. Sideboard agasint elf decks, or a fun card to make a deck around.

Jason Roth:
Yes, but there's ways of getting around this. Tireless tribe and Pipers Melody, for example. Or Chronotog...
I'm debating if I should take off the "Skip your discard step" or not. I think it just makes this card harder to make a combo around.