Scourge wish list

J

Jigglypuff

This is nuts. This is way too easily broken. Imagine this combined with Mirari's Wake...

(- Steve -)

T

train

I'm willing to bet mana short will become a nice sideboard card for blue players...

Also - players will have to have a way of keeping track of the type of mana in thier mana pool... "life representation, counters, tokens, mana pool pins..."

"Pretty soon everyone will be carrying around a toolbox just to ba able to supply the proper tracking methods..."

Anyhow - this is very easily broken... But I'm sure there will also be a "pool emptying spell/card" out there...

Now what do you all think of Dragonstorm?...

M

Mikeymike

I have to say, if they were to release this card they did it at the right time (at the end of a block). Still, there is a lot in type 2 that combos with it (like Wake, Seedborn Muse, Riptide Replicator, plain old fatties) - it makes me afraid to see what it does in Extended and even Type 1. I mean, its a given that it will be broken right?

It can be fun in casual, as long as it's used responsibly.

I have a question for you. You're opponent has Upwelling and Claws of Gix in play, do you risk floating the mana?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not, since most people will want to be floating the mana for some big x-spell for the kill and probably not thinking about how to just use the mana for something "little", like a creature that's just out of your casting cost.

Kinda like how Channel was supposed to be used :)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

X-cellent.

Looks like Channel Fireball got revamped for standard:

Ka...me....ha....me.....

2 Epicenter
2 Kamahl
2 Goblin Sharpshooter
2 Upwelling
2 Mana Echoes
2 Dragon Tyrant
4 Blaze
4 Flaming Gambit
4 Goblin Dynamo
4 Firecat Blitz
4 Wirewood Channeler
4 Sprouting Vines
12 Mountain
12 Forest

SB:

3 One With Nature
4 Naturalize
4 Stone Rain
2 Overmaster
2 Insist

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Mikeymike
W . T . F .

I don't know what to say...too many thoughts run through head...words not enough...scared I am.

And the card...
I can think of a colour that would easily benefit from this - and it's not Green - it's Blue. If you keep mana floating around at all time and you have a counterspell in hand you can counter anything anytime! Also, this could get around Blue's slowness factor. This card is DANGEROUS. Combined w/ those new "Storm" cards it could make for some pretty sick combos...

-Ferret

"Can we say 'first on the banned list'?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So is this the "hot card" to get (so far) before it gets banned? Get and and trade/sell it to those tourney players so they can play it before the next banning rulings come out? :p

Didn't think of its application to blue... that's pretty cool, actually. And with blue's card-drawing, hopefully you'll always have a counterspell :)

N

Nightstalkers

Supercycling!?!!?!!?!??!!?!?

Aren't they taking this cycling thing alittle too far?

But it fits how they always seem to dig up the mechanics from the older sets.

Oh, just got a look at the page. It costs almost like ye olde winds. But the art is just Karona with a different background and two diamond things in it. :confused:

If anyone gets this card, I want it just for the art :) Adam is becoming a good artist :eek:

S

Skyrider

In regards to upwelling, why can't someone just disenchant it at the end of the controller's turn? Let him tap all of his mana, you disenchant and burn him to death.

Upwelling seems like a great (not to mention broken) card, but it does suffer than flaw.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Skyrider
In regards to upwelling, why can't someone just disenchant it at the end of the controller's turn? Let him tap all of his mana, you disenchant and burn him to death.

Upwelling seems like a great (not to mention broken) card, but it does suffer than flaw.
It's sole advantage is that it has a very high casting cost. If you're playing Green, you should be able to kill them by the time it comes out...if not, you can just cast three quick spells to get rid of it...

-Ferret

"A cycle card that removes enchantments would be nice..."

T

train

"A cycle card that removes enchantments would be nice..."
Bad Ferret... Cycling doesn't need to have so much power that it can do everything...

N

Nightstalkers

Type I will never be the same :(

think about having some crazy put upwelling in thier type I elves infinite mana deck!

Turn 1 with upwelling: I'll repeat my process to create 100,000,000 green mana....

Turn 2: I'll repeat my process again so that I might have 500,000,000 mana...

Turn 3: Oh! I'll play my skyshroud elf and repeat my process again so that I might have 900,000,000 mana.

Turn 4: I'm getting bored so I'll repeat my process yet again so that I have 999,999,999,999 mana and burn you to death with my fireball :) Good game.

S

Skyrider

lol so far there've been no banned/restricted cards in Type 2. I'm interested in seeing what the first one might be.

T

train

lol so far there've been no banned/restricted cards in Type 2
Recently... but Urza's saga was well known for the trouble it caused...

"There's always a crack - it's just whether or not something slips through it...";)

S

Skyrider

As a friend of mine put it, Urza's was like Richard Garfield had come back and started designing all the cards again.

T

train

Urza's was like Richard Garfield had come back and started designing all the cards again.
And boy was he...

That's what made it so awesome... The cards were so outrageous, they were awesome.:eek: :D :cool: