Scourge wish list

C

Captain Caveman

My wish list:

A beast that cost 1RG with P/T ratio equal to Brushopper. Having
the special ability of Haste.

Atleast two good Wizards.

Atleast one White instant creature removal spell that's cc'ed
at 1WW. Similiar to one of my homemade cards.

Uncommon:
Card Title: Redemption
Color: White
Type: Instant
Cost: 1WW
Pow/Tgh: N/A
Card Text: Destroy target creature that dealt damage to you this turn.

A few cards that get better as conditions are met. Like;

Card Title: Card Name
Color: Blue
Type: Sorcery
Cost: 1U
Card Text: Draw a card for each creature type you control.

One for each color...........................

Ferret

Staff member
Let's see: I'm playing blue...I have a wizard in play, a fish, a bird, an illusion, and an elemental...wow...

-Ferret

"...that's just wrong...why can't other colours draw as fast?"

S

Skyrider

well I can see a candidate for the first broken card of Type 2 lol

Ah well, I love blue so it doesn't bother me too much.

N

Nightstalkers

They seem to have locked down on some of the higher end cards as of late. i.e. turning good cards like laquatus into a legend, as well as the planeswalker...(forget his name! draw three cards just tappin' him)

And the only good things coming for them are the slivers out of Legions. Whatever did they think of doing that for? Anyways, you need think about green removal or something... :confused: you aught to be. Green had removal but now sorely lacks it and is being replaced with the one biggest creature stash, Elves and Beasts.

Elves are Greens B**** and generally Beasts are just an afterthought that could replace elves for awhile if they are kept going. Green needs something of a removal of somesort instead of some cheap deal with white (Naturalize).

Ferret

Staff member
Green used to have some of the best cards:

1. a one mana 1/1 flyer (Scryb Sprites). It was taken out because it was "too powerful" - huh? - how many flyers do they have now?

2. They had a counterspell that was meant to be useless (Avoid Fate) which oddly enough is useful now - no counters have been printed since.

3. They had some great card-drawing mechanics like Sylvan Library - is it still in print?

4. They could attack in the air w/ Cocatrices - now, all they can do is block fliers w/ ground troops...

-Ferret

"...perhaps Blue is Richard Garfield's fav colour (not the game colour, but the real one)..."

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Captain Caveman
Card Title: Card Name
Color: Blue
Type: Sorcery
Cost: 1U
Card Text: Draw a card for each creature type you control.
Um....Mistform Ultimus?

You would need to be more careful how you worded a card like this. Something like:

For each creature you control, select a creature type. Do <foo> for each different creature type.

S

Skyrider

Knowing wizards and their wording patters it would most likely be worded.

"Draw a card for each creature type among creatures you control."

whether or not that'd stop ultimus from making you deck out is another question

C

Captain Caveman

Ya,.............

With the Ultimus its broken but without its just a interesting
concept.

B: Discard
U: Draw
G: +1+1
R: Damage
W: Life gain?

Thanks for pointing out the miswording. I didn't give it a thought
until I came home and saw Ferrets reply.

oops,,,,,,,,:eek:

M

Mr_Pestilence

First of all, I want Pestilence reprinted sometime/somewhere!

After that, I'd like a cycling Disenchant:

1WW
instant
destroy target artifact or enchantment
2WW: cycle this card and destroy target artifact or enchantment

Also, a cycling Counterspell:

3UU
instant
counter target spell
4UU: cycle this card and counter target spell

O

orgg

the Ultimus wouldn't be broken-- just make the cards drawn forced.

I draw 137 cards...

oh buggar.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Orgg:
the Ultimus wouldn't be broken-- just make the cards drawn forced.

I draw 137 cards...

oh buggar.
Did you count?

I like that. Forcing the cheeser to draw 137 cards is a 1337 idea.

S

Skyrider

Willbender to the rescue. (Or any other number of spells that rebound spells at other players)

N

Nightstalkers

Rofellos then!!! With that new damed elf lodge you can have as many mana as you want!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHA

S

Skyrider

::thinks of the time he swung at a friend for 1350 after dropping a tribal unity on elves and pumping htem all +90/+90::

::thinks of doing more::

...::evil grin::

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
Green used to have some of the best cards:

1. a one mana 1/1 flyer (Scryb Sprites). It was taken out because it was "too powerful" - huh? - how many flyers do they have now?
I think it was actually taken out because blue was supposed to be the flying color. At least that was the thinking at the time.

3. They had some great card-drawing mechanics like Sylvan Library - is it still in print?
Beats me, but I agree... also add in Mirri's Guile or Abundance (still trying to get that to work)

4. They could attack in the air w/ Cocatrices - now, all they can do is block fliers w/ ground troops...
true, although really with Hurricane, the ground troops actually help you. I was always partial to Killer Bees myself :)

T

train

I'd like to mention that Green also had the bounce/lapse ability in elven warhounds... those guys were just wrong with a lure on them...

N

Nightstalkers

its mean enough to attach a venom to thems taunting elves... Funny what you can think up with nothing on the minds

Ferret

Staff member
think it was actually taken out because blue was supposed to be the flying color. At least that was the thinking at the time.
Okay, then Blue shouldn't be allowed to have any ground creatures w/ a power above one. Just to be fair.

-Ferret

"...I used to have a very politicaly incorrect way of referring to all-blue decks..."