Scourge wish list

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Skyrider, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

"Must...resist....urge!"

If you've noticed, most of the nowaday abilities (i.e. cantrip, madness, etc) are mostly remakes from older cards that were made while Mr. G was on the design team (or effected it.)

Just standing up for you Mr. G... And no more phone calls in the middle of the night, again.

If only you are reading this
  2. Skyrider Prince of Winds

whoa ::holds up hands:: I wasn't taking a shot a Garfield.
  3. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Remakes of original cards have been happening since Ice Age. If you look at most of the first cantrips they were just higher priced versions of the original cards from the basic sets...most were less powerful versions for the same price while others were just as powerful for one or tow mana more...

-Ferret

"I want them to repring Fyndlorn Elves!"
  4. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Whats the point in reprinting the Fyndhorn Elves? All that they are is another Llanowar Elves.

Only when the teams start making their own ideas instead of taking older idea's and fleshing them out will I stop supporting Garfield. That is all, you may go back to whatever it was you were doing... not really, just seeing if you believed I was typing this.

Mmm, Steak and Cheese sub from Subway... I miss food :(
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Cantrips (I assume we're talking about those cards that let you draw a card with an effect) cost more than their "regular versions" because WOTC realized the power of drawing cards by then. They're "remakes" only because of that ability of drawing a card.

True remakes is like Elven Cache to Regrowth or Sisay's Ring to Sol Ring.

I'm not sure what kind of effect Upwelling will have on Type 1 - maybe someone should ask rakso, but with countering like Force of Will or with mad drawing to get to disenchant-effects very quickly, I'm thinking there will just be a ripple :)
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

7. train The Wildcard!!!...

Megrim, and Laquatus' Champion in play... ouch...
  8. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Just as well, they should try to keep things like the old days of the dark and other classic sets, but when taking old idea's and reengineering them over and over again, it does get repetitive.

seems like their finally making spinoffs of the older ideas for some reason.

Cabal: There is no Cabal
  9. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

EXACTLY! This is way I can have EIGHT of them in my deck instead of the usual four. It's the reason that one of my early green decks was so powerful. My average draw would have two Forests and two or three Elves. Since the deck was only sixty cards I could get out mana quickly and use them to pump out 6/6 Trample creatures by turn four...and bigger ones each turn thereafter. The deck played on pure agression so that even blue decks w/ lots of fliers had to think defense...and once you're on the defense you've already lost...

-Ferret

"...of course, it's been a long time since Ice Age and the deck is now obsolete..."
  10. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Cards like Fyndhorn Elves and other direct translations were included in the set because Ice Age was originally intended to be another game, printed (and played) seperately of the principal Magic: The Gathering. As such, they needed new, flavor-correct versions of the cards that were integral to the basic set. Disenchant was in flavor - Llanowar Elves were not. Don't expect this to ever happen again.
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Actually, Ice Age was intended to replace the "basic" Magic set. In fact, The Gathering was only intended to be the name of Alpha/Beta with the next set Magic: Ice Age, but things happened too fast with game success...
  12. train The Wildcard!!!...

Thank Gaud!!!...
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

14. train The Wildcard!!!...

Coolness...

Attached Files:

15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

isn't that just the remake of that critter that had P/T for every creature in the graveyard?

and mortivore and other such remakes

LOOK WHO'S BACK!!! and nice art too.

Attached Files:

16. BigBlue Magic Jones

What's up with no Trample, or Regenerate, or anything cool like that?

What you have there is a 7 cc 0/0 without help.

I see another Green card for Blue/Green. Blue has the inefficient casting cost creatures to boost it up and can make it flying or, gulp, unblockable. And like all green fatties he wears a target for Terror (see ya).

Like Worldgorger needed that....
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think it's slightly different in that it's counting the total converted mana cost, instead of just counting the creatures. So if you had a Wild Mongrel out along with it, it'd be 2/2. If you had a Mongrel and BoP, it'd be 3/3. If you had that Bladewing guy out, it'd be 7/7. And so on...
  18. BigBlue Magic Jones

Plus, it won't even see any of your jillion squirrel tokens, they all have CC 0.

To say nothing of the in play vs in graveyard difference with Mortivore/lhurgoyf.
  19. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I know how it works and all

The whole idea is just as old as 4th from Warlord, Keldon Warlord and his gang....

Note to self, build R/G deck around stupid squirrel tokens and Keldon Warlord

Who would have guessed that 'ol bladewing getting the almighty power of bein' the dragon "king"...
  20. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

Ancient Ooze= Timmy's dream come true;