Scourge wish list

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Skyrider, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Skyrider Prince of Winds

Based on some of the new mechanics released and revised so far in the Onslaught block, what types of cards would you like to see released in scourge.

Personally, I'm expecting/hoping for a spell that grants creatures provoke; if not as an enchant creature, then as an instant until end of turn.

Any other ideas guys?
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'd like to see more creatures with double-strike. Only two got it in Legions and they're rare... :(
  3. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

Ridgetop Raptor is uncommon.

A 4/1 for 4 with only 1/2 first strike is weak.
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'd like to see armageddon reprinted...

and I think there'd be something to the effect of defense bonuses during combat... similar to the offensive bonuses granted by double strike...
  5. EricBess Active Member

Yeah, but if you throw any any pump abilities, you will see that it is in many ways much better than a 4/1, so they 4 mana is quite reasonable. It's basically a built-in Berserk

Anything with Double Strike is going to need to be costed high enough that it probably won't see constructed play.
  6. Skyrider Prince of Winds

Do you think we'll see more Legions style or Onslaught style morph creatures? Using morph creatures as spells is a trick that's become pretty useful, but a morphing double-strike would be a pretty mean card.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

They might have stuff that happens when you turn a creature face-down...
  8. Skyrider Prince of Winds

jeez, that'd make Primal Whisperer insane.

I was already playing a multi game where I dropped an Ixidor and suddenly had two 12/12's in play for U a piece. If you had abilities that triggered when they turned face down it'd be an invitation to pump him up even more.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ya never know... :)
  10. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

Mtgnews already has 2 cards available:

Scornful Egotist (7U for a 1/1 with Morph U)

Whatever they were smoking to come up with that nonsense must be near-lethal to normal constitutions.

Zealous Inquisitor (2W for a 2/2 that has "1w: redirect 1 damage from ZI to another creature.")

This one, by extreme contrast, looks like a top-10 draft common.

I'll wager that while Odyssey was meant to help low-budget players out (See the Mongrel/Madness mania), Onslaught was to aid Yu-gi-oh crossovers and fans of huge creatures.
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'll agree with Shiro...

But WOTC could've left blue out of this set...;)
  12. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

I'm praying for a black knight reprint:D with good art though, not god awful crap like the legions white knight.
  13. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

Pyrostatic Pillar- Confirmed

1R
    Enchantment
    Whenever a player plays a spell with converted mana cost of 3 or less, PP deals 2 damage to that player

Rarity unknown, though it's no common.
  14. train The Wildcard!!!...

About time something like that came out...

Blue will be suckin' it up...
  15. Shiro Time Devourer I have returned!

If Scourge is the high-cost set, bad idea. Such a thing would overcompensate for the speed of Odyssey. It would also slow the whole thing down to a crawl. Anti-cheap stuff like Smother and PP are fine, however, in small doses.
  16. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

It's a shame that card is red - never has there been a card that would suit green better...I guess it would be good if you're casting Dragons or high priced X spells...

-Ferret

"crackle crackle. Sizzle sizzle"
  17. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

wow that card kinda knocks Aluren in the face.
  18. train The Wildcard!!!...

Red smacking green is not cool... red smacking blue is awesome..
  19. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Hmm... Black stomping red is funny, but irritating.
  20. Skyrider Prince of Winds

yeah that enchantment pretty much destroys all morph cards