Scourge wish list

S

Skyrider

Based on some of the new mechanics released and revised so far in the Onslaught block, what types of cards would you like to see released in scourge.

Personally, I'm expecting/hoping for a spell that grants creatures provoke; if not as an enchant creature, then as an instant until end of turn.

Any other ideas guys?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see more creatures with double-strike. Only two got it in Legions and they're rare... :(

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Ridgetop Raptor is uncommon.

A 4/1 for 4 with only 1/2 first strike is weak.

T

train

I'd like to see armageddon reprinted...

and I think there'd be something to the effect of defense bonuses during combat... similar to the offensive bonuses granted by double strike...

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Shiro, Time Devourer
Ridgetop Raptor is uncommon.

A 4/1 for 4 with only 1/2 first strike is weak.
Yeah, but if you throw any any pump abilities, you will see that it is in many ways much better than a 4/1, so they 4 mana is quite reasonable. It's basically a built-in Berserk

Anything with Double Strike is going to need to be costed high enough that it probably won't see constructed play.

S

Skyrider

Do you think we'll see more Legions style or Onslaught style morph creatures? Using morph creatures as spells is a trick that's become pretty useful, but a morphing double-strike would be a pretty mean card.

S

Skyrider

jeez, that'd make Primal Whisperer insane.

I was already playing a multi game where I dropped an Ixidor and suddenly had two 12/12's in play for U a piece. If you had abilities that triggered when they turned face down it'd be an invitation to pump him up even more.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Mtgnews already has 2 cards available:

Scornful Egotist (7U for a 1/1 with Morph U)

Whatever they were smoking to come up with that nonsense must be near-lethal to normal constitutions.

Zealous Inquisitor (2W for a 2/2 that has "1w: redirect 1 damage from ZI to another creature.")

This one, by extreme contrast, looks like a top-10 draft common.

I'll wager that while Odyssey was meant to help low-budget players out (See the Mongrel/Madness mania), Onslaught was to aid Yu-gi-oh crossovers and fans of huge creatures.

T

train

I'll agree with Shiro...

But WOTC could've left blue out of this set...;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm praying for a black knight reprint:D with good art though, not god awful crap like the legions white knight.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Pyrostatic Pillar- Confirmed

1R
Enchantment
Whenever a player plays a spell with converted mana cost of 3 or less, PP deals 2 damage to that player

Rarity unknown, though it's no common.

T

train

About time something like that came out...

Blue will be suckin' it up...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

If Scourge is the high-cost set, bad idea. Such a thing would overcompensate for the speed of Odyssey. It would also slow the whole thing down to a crawl. Anti-cheap stuff like Smother and PP are fine, however, in small doses.

Ferret

Staff member
It's a shame that card is red - never has there been a card that would suit green better...I guess it would be good if you're casting Dragons or high priced X spells...

-Ferret

"crackle crackle. Sizzle sizzle"

T

train

Red smacking green is not cool... red smacking blue is awesome..