Scourge wish list

M

Mikeymike

I hear you Nightstalkers, if I'm getting you right you're talking about this cat being a variation of guys like Beast of Burden, Keldon Warlord, Stag Beetle, and Battle Squadron.

The way I see it, if you spending lots of mana to get fatties out, you are probably dropping big old 6CC+ guys with some form of evasion. For my 5GG, I'll take Thorn Elemental or a Phantom Nishoba for 5GW.

He just doesn't do it for me, whether he's a 'Johnny' or not.

Cabal Conditioning is just wrong, like multi-player needed a card like this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It may be a twist on an"old idea" (frankly, you could say that about almost any card) but I think the sleeper is the total mana cost note. This will probably fit the best in a deck that has a solid mana curve, where you're casting stuff for the first 5 turns and then all of a sudden put out this thing who would have a p/t of 15/15 if you had a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 casting cost creatures out. Like train mentioned, you could Sneak Attack something big out to boost Ancient Ooze. You could use those graveyard tricks to "reanimate" him and other big guys, all the time casting other stuff to keep getting him bigger.

All he needs is trample :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boy, that combos nicely with Ancient Ooze... all of a sudden it becomes a 4/4 for 5 mana at the very least, assuming you don't have other creatures out already...

E

EricBess

Decree of Annahilation makes me wish that Black Market and Endbringer's Revel were still T2 legal ;)

Wait - it get's rid of Graveyards, too. Have to think that out a bit more...

N

Nightstalkers

I was just going to use Natural Order in Type I to play some of the big greenies but now I see how an elf deck can be real big on type II MONSTERs

T

train

I have more Mana Flares than I'm likely to get Upwellings
Okay - Spidey needs to be "taken care of" for lal the work he does here in the CPA...;) :cool:

Anyone wishing to send donations to the "Increase Spidey's Magic Spending Fund" please contact me... I'll give you the address to which you'll send the donations...

"Okay - that's chapter 1 in Tammy Faye's book, now on to 2...":p

E

EricBess

They did it. What were they thinking. People make fun of a 1/1 for U. Who's going to play a 1/1 for 3U? Sure, it comes with 8 converted mana cost, but regardless of the "size matters" mechanic, I think it's going to be tough to justify this. If you want a trick like that, Skirk Alarmist is much better bang for the buck.

Attachments

E

EricBess

That's my point. I don't ever see it being hard cast, or morphed. It's simply a useless card. Okay, there are probably some fun tricks with "size matters", but unless those tricks are good enough, I don't see wasting space in my deck for a 1/1 creature that costs 3U (note I didn't ever say 7U) to cast.

W

whuppinboy

true, i see what you're saying. i personally would never splash red with blue, or vice versa but if you're running a red/green beastie deck, oooo man is that gonna hurt ( the red burn, not the blue beastie).

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Eh, it's extra morph cards.
And there have been other converted mana cost tricks in the past too.

So at the worst it's limited quality, if not made with limited in mind. Look at the bright side though, at least they didn't cite their policy of complicated ideas being more rare to make it one of the worst rares in a while...