RPG: Horror on the Hill

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Just so I'm not giving the wrong impression, you do hear the general chatter and noises of woodland stuff. Everything's not "deathly" quiet like my posts may make it out to be. If something happens that might cause the noises to stop or change drastically, I'll tell you that instead of continually trying to mention you hear noises **

RXI finds the presence of typical woodland animals like squirrels and birds and stuff, nothing out of the ordinary.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
With a lack of input from the party, Morglum climbs down to the lower clearing where the waterfall drops and stands at the beginning of the west trail.

"Well? If we aren't doing anything here we might as well continue onwards."

I

Istanbul

Lathos simply shrugs, nods, and follows.

(Spidey - Some kind of hook would be good. You know...'You heard a crashing sound to the east' or something.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I know nothing's been going on and you guys haven't seen much action. Trust me, you will. But to keep the game moving, I need you guys to post what you want to do. Even if it's "Okay, nothing here, let's follow the trail" or "let's turn back and try a different way", etc. With only Isty's post, I still don't have a good idea of what the party wants to do **

D

Daggertooth

Well, since were just exploring this place I suppose anywhere is good. So I suppose it's best to follow the trail.

P

Prince RXI

To Aniya-
"Well, this place seems... nice and... homey..."

RXI and Aniya walk on to the next clearing thinking everyone else is following.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I guess that's enough votes to go on... :) **

The party climbs down to the lower clearing, admiring the waterfall as they go, and pass on to the west trail. You travel for a turn when you spy a group of gray, human-sized humanoids coming down the path towards you. They spot you at the same time, stop, and start shifting their positions so they double up on the trail.

D

Daggertooth

I nock an arrow, but keep the bow pointed down as not to seem to threatening.

P

Prince RXI

In a flash, RXI has his right hand on his scimitar inside his cloak, yet DOES NOT draw it, yet... and his left hand is in his cloak holding his ever-loaded sling. Aniya is on defensive mode, silently inside the woods to the right of RXI.

I

Istanbul

Lathos' hand moves to his mace, and he prepares to draw it into a parry if attacked.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The humanoids move closer to you (you now estimate they're about 65 feet away) and start grunting and snarling at you. Morglum recognizes the language as Hobgoblin and since he partially understands it, tries to translate for the party.

"They're saying something like 'Our Hill' and 'No Strangers' and 'Get off'".

R

rkoelsch

"Morglum, please let these beasts know that if they want to continue living they will leave us in peace."

Prepare a throwing knife.

B

Bob

*Bob still has been following the group. He readies his mace...again.*

D

Daggertooth

"Hmmm, natives to this land. They could be helpful, granted they cooperate. Morglum, tell them to come no closer than 20 pases or I shall fire."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Morglum says, "I'll try, but I'm not really proficient in Hobgoblin."

He turns and grunts and snarls some things of his own. The creatures seem to reply with their own grunts, all the while moving closer (now 50 feet away). You can see there's at least two others behind the first rank of two.

Morglum turns and says grimly, "They don't seem to care. They keep saying things like 'Trespassers' and 'Go Away' and 'Kill You' (from what I can make from what they're saying, I'm sure I'm missing something)."

R

rkoelsch

"I am going to try to incapcitate them"

prepare and cast Sleep spell

I

Istanbul

I prepare my mace for battle with whatever hobgoblins (I'm assuming that's what these are) aren't affected by the Sleep spell. I'm going to fight defensively, taking as few risks as I can and taking what openings I can find if and when I can find them.

P

Prince RXI

RXI prepares an entangle spell to incapacitat the hobgoblins. I will not cast it until I am sure that they will attack

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The creatures continue to march forward, to about 35 feet away. You estimate that in another couple of rounds, they will be within charging distance...

Morglum prepares his axe.

** Since Morglum was talking to them, I'm assuming he's up in the front rank with Arek. Because the trail can only hold two people side by side but because Morglum is short, Nychus can get off a shot at -2. Everyone else will have to wait (unless they want to risk firing or casting blind). **

D

Daggertooth

With a snear I raise my bow and aim at the lead's chest.

"Morglum, tell them to go no closer than 30 feet or I'll fire."

*If they do, I make good on my threat.*