RPG: Horror on the Hill

P

Prince RXI

RXI pulls his other hand out and uses his sling on the closest live enemy.

"Aniya... I told you to defend... Good girl."

D

Daggertooth

I move around as best I can to the bodies, all the while firing arrows at any enemy close to me. If they come within 10ft again I'll draw my swords.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Despite their methodical attempt to reach you, the creatures are stuck fast in the overgrowth and fall to your missiles. RXI has 17 bullets left and Nychus has 16 arrows left after this encounter. Soon after, the spell's duration expires and the bodies are left in the grassy clearing.

Taking a breather, you look around. You have the two bodies you dispatched in melee combat, the two bodies that were Entangled, the huge fallen body, the two other bodies that the group had been surrounding and another body about 100 feet farther to the northwest. Around that last body and more to the north and northwest, bunches of thornbushes have appeared to have started growing sometime in the past, giving a ragged edge to the otherwise neat clearing. There are many smooth, roughly square white stones lying among those thornbushes.

P

Prince RXI

RXI carefully and suspiciously searches around to see if he can find any of the bullets he shot because they are a scarce commodity out here and he searches for arrows, if finding any he gives them over to Nychus. After that he slowly and watchfully on guard walks over to the white stone and picks a few up. After, he walks over to the bodies and looks for any sign of revival of his friends, and loots the bodies of his enemies. If his allies are actually dead, he loots them of the equipment and nessecities too.

D

Daggertooth

*he didn't actualy say if the fallen bodies were our companions*

I search the bodies of the beasts we had slain, for any arrows and any other artifact that may be of any use to the party. I then head over to find the identity of the body 100 ft to the northwest.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The slings and arrows fired are unfortunately unusable, having for the most part passed through the overgrown Entangle to reach the creatures.

The white stones seem to be embedded in the ground. With some effort you manage to work one loose but it's too heavy to carry back. You do notice the ground dug up around several of the stones.

Among the bodies on the ground are that of the dwarf Morglum and the magic-user Roland. They are barely breathing and fast turning gray. The body to the northwest proves to be that of the cleric Lathos. It's in a similiar condition.

The bodies of the creatures you have slain have nothing on them. The body of the huge humanoid just has the massive hide and club.

There is another path/trail at the east end of the clearing.

D

Daggertooth

First I call my campanions telling them I need some sort of healing assistance.
I then examin the body to see if any poison projctile still needs to be removed. afterwards I try to find any lasserations that needs to be patched up. If I find any I patch it up to the best of my ability. I examin the body for any breaks and splint them up if possible.

Other than than that theres little I can do. :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
First I call my campanions telling them I need some sort of healing assistance
You mean RXI and Aniya? They're the only ones around **

There's no visible poison projectiles or anything; you surmise the gray is from shock and loss of blood. Morglum's helm seems to havce been bashed by a terrific blow and all three bodies have vicious scratch and bite wounds, presumably from the creatures you just dispatched.

You splint them up and stablize them. They're still unconscious and will need a lot of rest to heal if not done supernaturally to speed it up :)

R

rkoelsch

** What I'm not dead? There's still a chance? Help me Help Me Please:D

D

Daggertooth

Originally posted by Spiderman
[BThey're still unconscious and will need a lot of rest to heal if not done supernaturally to speed it up :) [/B]
I....um...summon up all my...ah...supernatual powers to...um....spead up their healing. :p ;) :eek:

"if that doesn't work I check the edge of the foliage to see if I can find the best place to set up camp for the night.....possibly a little in the foliage to be partialy hidden and giving me an easy first shot with my bow.

P

Prince RXI

"Aniya, guard this area and if there is any trouble, try to inform me."

RXI then walks to his injured allies tries to bandage the wounds as well. He then tries to cast spells to heal them.

***A druid has cure minor wounds as a level-0 spell.***

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I'm trying to give you and Isty a chance since it would be a shame to end "fairly" early. RXI, there's no 0 level spells in this edition BUT Isty persuaded me to adopt the 3rd ed rule of substituting a memorized spell for a cure light wounds (one of the other 1st level spells). So you can use the rest of your spells to cure light wounds if you want **

Despite Nychus' fervent praying and sudden devotion to the gods, nothing happens :p You CAN clear away some foliage near the edge of the clearing and even use some thornbushes as a barrier (not a solid one since they're rooted in the ground, but enough of a hinderance).

D

Daggertooth

Well, I first try to use my supernatural powers again. :p

Then I set up camp and move all our companians to it's safty. Taking the first watch, always ready with my bow. Of course I only do this is the druid agrees.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For some odd reason, nothing happens as a result of your second attempt. You conclude that either the gods are angry at you right now for some reason or you have no supernatural powers ;) Being careful not to open their wounds again, you move them to a safe haven in the foliage.

P

Prince RXI

"Ok, who here is still able to move? We need to set up watching orders and such. I could probably try 1st and last because I only need 4 hours, but I think that would be pushing it a little too far... You opinions?"

RXI looks at aniya and scratches her behind her right ear.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Only Nychus looks at you in response.

** Nychus, RXI and Aniya are the only ones who can move. Morglum, Roland, and Lathos are still unconscious and in grievious straits right now **

D

Daggertooth

"Well, all we can do it wait here till they recover. They'd never make it if we tried to take them back."

*waits and watches untill the get better......or die.*

P

Prince RXI

RXI uses what he knows of plants and healing to see if he can use plants to heal the wounded faster.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** didn't want to use your spells, eh RXI? :) **

You rest a full day and the others begin to stir. They're still fairly weak, but at least they can talk now and are conscious.

On the plus side, you are able to see the comings and going of this clearing and it appears to be quite busy. At various times during the next day, with no rhyme or reason, groups of human-sized humanoids travel between the east path and south side of the clearing. The first time they saw the bodies, it caused quite a stir and for a few hours, they traveled in large groups, about 10+. Towards the end of the day, the groups become smaller to about half dozen. Towards the nighttime, smaller versions of these creatures began to appear and travel with them. An occasional giant like the one slain appeared, but not with any other group.

It is now the second day and it is probably still advisable to rest this day too if you want to continue the "natural healing" route.