RPG, Chapter Two, The Road to Radafel

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, Nov 7, 2001.

  1. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    ( :eek::eek: I suppose I watch this with a morbid curiousity. ;) )

    I'll follow up last, checking behind us regularly to make sure we are not followed,and making sure no one is marking our trail.
  2. Rando Freaky Bear

    As does the entire party...


    To all players -
    Father Michael De'Grimes, High Priest of Crom and the holy man joining you all on this quest shouts out, "May the blessings of the martyrs be with us!" With that, he rides off, behind him being two guards, and a third on a cart of suplies.

    It is a fair and warm day, but it seems that a storm is brewing in the west and heading your way.

    "It is a shame we must ride right into this storm, but there is litle we can do if we wish to get to Radafel in a timely manner." says Father De'Grimes

    You all ride on for a number of hours, all the while the skys grow darker.

    At around mid-day, the priest stops and turns to the rest of the group. "Do we stop for a noon meal, or do we try to make camp before the worst of the storm hits?" he asks.

    No one has a chance to answer before you all notice that the priest, unknown to himself, has stoped next to a road side pole, complete with human male's head sitting atop it.

    In the distance, the thunder rolls...
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Is it a fresh head? Or an old one?
  4. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Dorgath -
    All though there are flys, it does seem to be fairly fresh. By your guess, maybe 2 or 3 days old at the most.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Father, it appears some unfortunate has lost his life, as evidenced by the head on that post. It isn't a villager, is it?
  6. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    Bing starts seaching with his eyes the area we are in looking for places an ambush might be sprung from.
  7. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    I examin the head and the ground around it. Trying to see if I can find any of that strange symbol we encountered back in the village. I also look to see if there is a trail of blood going anywhere.

    "Hmmm......Well, I say this is as good a place as any to stop and eat." I say while examining the head. "Course we auto keep our eyes open."
  8. Melkor Active Member

    "Deyja, that kind of disregard for this poor man's life is really uncalled for. Out of respect we should bury the head, or at the very least burn it. Perhaps then we should move on and eat our rations in the saddle. I like this not."

    I place my hand on the hilt of my sword and scan the surrounding area for possible problems.
  9. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    "I'd refrain from creating a fire. As we know not who did this and where they are. I wouldn't want to give our position away. If you must burry it then lets get on with it, although avenging this mans death would be the most respectful thing to do."

    "The storm is getting closer," I say as I look at the oncomming clouds with a smile, "So lets decide now. I'm up for eating here then heading off."
  10. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Bing and Melkor -
    While being vigilent in regards to your suroundings, you both spot a foot-worn path near the pole that leads off into the woods.

    To all players -
    "By the gods!" gasps the priest. "What foulness is this? These lands surounding this streach of road are ruled by my town and it's government, and I can asure you that this is not any form of punishment or warning in use by us!"

    He dismounts and kneels in prayer at the base of the post.
  11. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    *I guess from what has been said that RXI can see the trail too.*

    I ask Aniya to try and smell if there is anyone that did not come with us nearby.

    " I think that we should bury it, because the smell could bring some... unpleasent... things here. Further more, I think that it would be best to move farther away from this place. It might not be safe."
  12. Rando Freaky Bear

    To RXI -

    ***Um...I scanned the posts, and I only took the two people that said that they were looking around. But, anyway...***

    Your wolf sniffs around, and lets out a yelp and runs down the foot-path into the woods.
  13. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    "Hmmmm.....Priest. Do you know any one who would use this as a warning. Any group or organisation. Even rumors of ancient times may be usefull."
  14. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    Bing dismounts, "Elliott stay here" then I head off after the wolf with my Cudgel.
  15. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    Because I was sitting on Aniya when she took off, I went with her, air smashing my face.

    "ANIYA!!!! WAIT TILL I CAN BEND DOWN!!!!! ANIYA!!!!!! OW!!!!!!!"

    I just ran into a half-broken low hanging branch and it really hurt.
  16. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    I curse under my breath as I watch the two charge down the trail.

    "We don't have enough time to investigate every murder!" I call out to them as I dismount and tether my horse to a nearby tree.

    I look around at the others for a moment, shrug, then Jog down the trail. Making sure I pay close attention to the suroundings.
  17. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    I dismount and teather the horse.
    "Thesssse are poor tacticssss indeed.I only hope that the pole wassss a marker and not a sssetup for a trap."
    I flip the coin.
    "Damn it."
    I stick the end of my trident in the earth and remove my cloak thrusting it into my backpack,and pull the trident back out.And chase after them,stopping at the treeline for a moment and then dissapear from sight.

    ...To those who have not yet guessed snakes true nature this is what you see.A lizardman between 6 and 6 and a half feet tall,you might guess his weight between 300 and 350 lbs.He is carrying a trident made of material that looks unatural glows slightly,and appears to be of merfolk design and craftmanship.
    Wearing a chainmail shirt with bracers on shins and forearms.As he blurs past to the treeline you might notice his tail appears to have been cut short the last 6 or so inches and replaced with a metal cuff that ends in a razor sharp point.He stops for a moment turns to the party,If someone without lips could smile this is as close as you might have seen.He says "None of you wanted to live forever did you?" And is gone......
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    I'll stay with the priest unless he goes down the path too.
  19. Melkor Active Member

    "Agh, Impulsive Fools! I'll not go galloping blindly down some deer trail."

    I have a bad feeling about this and draw my sword, I stay on the road, trying to remain vigilent. How close are the trees to the road and are there any suspicious looking clumps of foliage from which ambushers could come at us?
  20. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Bing, RXI, Deyja and Snake -

    You take off through the woods, keeping to the well worn trail. The forest grows thicker the deeper you go, and soon only a few slivers of sunlight penetrate the canopy of trees.

    The trail winds on and on, and the wolf, and it's hapless rider, get farther and farther away from the rest of you.

    To RXI -
    Your wolf seems crazed. It does not respond to any command. It continues to run down the path, which is growing thiner and more difficult to follow.

    Suddenly, there is a burst of sunlight as you and your wolf enter a clearing in the woods. It is about 60 or 70 feet across, and in the center is a small church or temple. It is stone, but delapitated and ruined. It is only about 30 by 30 feet large, with a single bell tower at the front. At the base of the tower is a set of double doors. There are windows on the front and sides of this church, but they have been covered with boards.

    Outside the front door is a small grave yard. Your wolf heads for the grave yard and then stops next to an open grave. It growls and whines as it scampers around the grave. It is now that you realize that this is not a fresh grave, but a re-opened one. You then notice that there are several other opened and defiled graves in this tiny cemetary.

    To Bing, Deyja and Snake -
    The wolf is faster, and you soon lose sight of it and it's rider on the trail. It is soon almost as dark as night in the woods, and the trail grows harder to pass.

    To all other players, back on the road -
    The woods seem thick and uninhabited. The priest continues to pray and seems to be ignoring the comotion or your questions.
    Also, there are hundreds of places for an ambush to be sprung. The woods are ferrel and thick, and there are many hiding places. Except for the path, you can see no farther into the woods then 10 feet before your line of sight blurs into a sea of green and brown.

Share This Page