RPG, Chapter Two, The Road to Radafel

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I suggest we form a circle around the priest, facing outwards, to prepare if an ambush does occur."

R

rkoelsch

"Bing not like this. Soon not able to see. You Tracker?"
the last question is directed at Snake.

D

Daggertooth

"That blasted Druid is going to pay for this!" I growl.

I pull out two 3ft rods out of my pack and attatch them together. The newly made 6ft staff is covered with lizard leather except where there is a gap for my hand, and at the top where there is an oval crystal about the size of a lemon.

I grab the gap and concentrate slightly. a faint blue glow eminates from my eyes as the crystal grows in brightness. a faint humming noise can be heard.

"This should help us for a bit." I say as I jog down the rest of the trail, still trying to keep an eye on anything suspicious.

S

sageridder

(sniffing the air)
To bing
"The wolfsss sssent iss quiet sstrong,just sstay with me we'll catch up to it.It does sseem sstrange he could not control the beast,who knows what magicsss are at work here."

P

Prince RXI

to me under my breath-
"Who would do this? Not even a starved forest animal would do this. To defile a grave is to desecrate your own soul and will never be tolerated." Gets louder. "I, Raiser Serenity Neutral, eleventh of the name by my family and clan, will avenge thy soul's unresting. The evil that has removed the seal of spirit sleep from these graves will pay the ultimate price for rerouting The spirits of Nature's course that winds through all things!!!"

***I think it's time I told you why I am able to ride Aniya. When I was 3 Aniya was born. When I was 3 and a 1/2, Aniya, my mother, and I were out in the woods gathering leaves, roots, nuts, and berries when we were attacked by a Tresidal spider (which are really big). Aniya fought it and almost killed it, but the spider bite her with the last of it's strength, injecting poison. My mother started mixing an antidote but noticed she was missing 2 ingredients. She went off to the village to get it, spilling a little bit of ingredient out of her bag as she left. I then found them and put them in the potion. The potion, origionally blue, turned gray. My mother returned 5 minutes later and, without looking at the potion, put the last 2 ingredients in and administered it to Aniya. With a puff of smoke, Aniya grew 2 times her size and is now a wolf that is 2 times the size of a regular wolf. That is how I can ride her.***

I tell Aniya to settle down and be quiet.

D

Daggertooth

"Snake, do you smell anything else besides the druid and his dog?"

S

sageridder

Stops for a moment.sniffing the air and flitting his tounge.
"I wasn't sssure before,but there isss ssomething else.(pauses)
Old earth has been recently been turned over ssomewhere nearby.Ssstay sssharp."
I continue to press on following the scent.

R

Rando

To RXI -
You look around the church but do not see any sign of life. But, you do notice that there is candle light burning inside the abandoned temple.

To Snake -
All of a sudden, you smell the acrid scent of putrid flesh and rot. It comes from all around you.

To those back with the priest -
Suddely the priest leaps to his feat and grabs a sword off of his saddle. "There is evil stirring nearby, I can sense it. Where are the others? How long was I in my reverie?"

S

sageridder

slows to a walk,and speaks.
"Ready your sssteel Bing and Deyja ,the unliving are all around usss."
I continue slowly ready to fend off an attack.

E

EricBess

*** Rather than trying to jump in now that I (hopefully) have more time, Gorn needed to check a few things out on his own, looking for his niece, and will catch up with everyone in Radafel ***

R

Rando

**EricBess -
Are you sure? It's going to be a while before you all get to Radafel. I had assumed that you were along and just not acting much.**

R

rkoelsch

as we are moving slowly Bing is using his cudgel on any nearby vegetation. He makes sure he has adequate space to swing.

D

Daggertooth

"Well, If I put my staff down the light will go out." I say frouning a bit, "But I can still hold my own in battle."

The Crystal is now extremely hot from the energy thats keeping it lit.

Melkor

"Only a few minutes, the rest of the party has ran down that forest path there, if they are in danger then I guess we must assist."

I spur my charger down the path and will continue down it at a decent pace, unless the overhang is too low, then I'll dismount and leave the horse behind.

P

Prince RXI

***Daggertooth, you don't seem to play druids on D&D because a druid after level 3 is Trackless. You guys can only find the wolf***

By this time, Aniya has calmed down enough and is back to normal (or as normal as a Wolf squared can get). I walk toward the light while searching for any traps, runes, pieces of paper (I am hoping to find a spell written down on a piece of paper), or any sign that would tell me what happened here.

To Aniya-
"Stay sharp, girl. I think somethings terribly wrong, I have that feeling again... Just makes sure that we are alone. If not, tell me."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Prince, you don't seem to play D&D much or else you have a strange way of playing since I'm not sure how you can assume that your wolf has "calmed" down without Rando saying so **

"Father, it's only been about 15 minutes. Most of the others went down the path after the wolf and his rider took off that way."

D

Daggertooth

***RXI: So screaming at your wolf to stop while crashing through the woods on a trail is trackless? Whatever :rolleyes:, I'll just follow the trail then. :p***

"Lets move quickly my friends, the brush is too think to do any battling here, and if we're surounded our Druid is most likely in the same situation. ....Or dead I suppose....."

"I'd question the judgment of risking three for the sake of one, but I dislike the idea of leaving him at the mercy of these foul undead."