RPG, Chapter Two, The Road to Radafel

E

EricBess

*** I'll see. I need to reread everything in the thread to catch up though... ***

R

Rando

To RXI -
Your wolf is still quite anxious and worried...perhaps he knows something you don't.

As you aproach the deserted church, you see through the window that the candle that was burning is suddenly snuffed out, and all is dark inside. You then here soft, uneven and shuffling foot falls behind you. Your wolf howls...

To those on the path -
From no where come 6 or 8 animated, half rotten corpses, all shambling out of the woods and onto the path. It is hard to tell the exact number in the chaos that is sure to erupt. They moan with mindless, soulless voices and flail thier limp arms at you all. You notice that they do not bear the mark of Belial, as the skeletons back at the fair did.

To those with the priest -
The sound of battle can be heared down the path, and much father off you can hear a wolf howl.

"Come! Now!" shouts the priest, and he runs down the path with sword drawn.

R

rkoelsch

"This Bing understand. Bing smash" bringing the cudgel down on the nearest undead.

S

sageridder

"Foul creaturessss you sshall soon be back at rest!"
I use my trident on the most immediate threat.

P

Prince RXI

I pull out my staff and transform it into a spear. I then turn around on guard. What do I see?

D

Daggertooth

I smile slightly as I see the rotting flesh on the corpses. Finaly, something I can work with when fighting the undead.

I hold my staff in both hands, trying to keep the light in a position to still help my alies. I then attack the nearest one, trying to use the intence heat from my crystal to set the rotting flesh ablaze.

R

Rando

To RXI -
You turn and see 4 shambling corpses about 3 feet from you. You then hear a "yelp!" and see that your wolf is also being attacked by 2 more! It seems your wolf is under some kind of spell, for he does not react, he simply is running around in circles! Perhaps it is the complete unnaturalness of these zombies that has him spooked...

To those on the path -
The zombies continue to crawl and twitch out of the underbrush and onto the path. For everyone you take down, there seems to be 2 more! You hear the familier shouts of friendly voices coming from the direction of the road, and the hapless yelps of the wolf coming from the other direction.

More and more foul zombies pour out of the woods and into your midst...

To those with the priest -
You take off down the path with the priest in the lead. As you round a curve, you see ahead a huge mob of animated corpses, and your companions horribly out-numbered and surounded!

The priest yells "Die foul demons!" and literaly throws himself into the fray, hacking and killing with a ferocity you did not expect from him...

P

Prince RXI

***Aniya is supposed to be a SHE***

"ANIYA!!! THAT'S IT!!! RETURN TO THE UNANIMATED FORM, UNDEAD!!"

With that, I transform my sword/staff into a mace. Then I cast Fire balls all around, making sure not to hit Aniya with them. I then run to Aniya and slap her, hoping to wake her up from the trance*

R

Rando

**Sorry...geeze**

**also, perhaps I should remind you of the rule that says "don't do anything overpowered"...such as fireballs all around. It's cool this time, but be mindfull.**

D

Daggertooth

"Damn! there's too many of them"
I set the rotting flesh of several undead ablaze with the heat of the crystal, still not sure as to it's effectiveness on the undead.

I then get a crazy Idea: Burn the forest......I could try to ignite the underbrush. It seems dry enough that the fire might grow fast, at least if the storm dosn't hit right away, hopefuly it will incinerate the corpses and clear the area out a bit......At worse it will just force us back to the road, and to abondon the druid for a short time...... One thing for sure, something needs to be done fast or we'll be overrun.

Thinking that the best option I try to fight my way to where the most undead seem to be coming from, and if I can, ignight the undergrowth with the crystal of my staff.

"I sure hope the fire spreads fast enough, or I just might be lighting my funeral pyre."

S

sageridder

"Wait friend the battle isss joined our reinforcementsss are forthcoming,we may not need sssuch a dessperate act yet."
I'm attempting to use a spinning attack,hitting with the trident and my tail.

D

Daggertooth

"Perhaps," I puff out, smiling, "But a forest Fire would liven things up....so to speak" I fend off The dead with my staff while I talk. "Not that things arn't exciting as it is."

"We need to regroup with the rest, I suggest we fight our way back towards them. We'll figure out what to do from there.

I take snakes Advice and burry my fire plan for later use. I then try to fight my way in the direction of the priest.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Perhaps we all need to pull back and regroup! Anyone? ANYONE?"

I fight along the rear but hope my words carry over the sound of battle.

R

Rando

To all players except RXI -
Now you are all joined in battle with these foul undead fiends. More and more of them poor onto the path, seeming to spring from the very gound! There are dozens now, and this does not include that dozens you have already slain, piling up at your feet in fetid, fly-blown piles of rot.

You are all pressed and pushed and forced to give ground. The priest falls but is back up agoin in a few moments, sword still in hand and a grim yet determined look on his face.
More zombies crawl from the undergrowth and attack. Several seem to gand up on snake, but his primal, reptilian instincts save him.

Suddenly, there is the sound of a charging horse and a righteous battle cry. From the direction of the road comes something from a childhood faerie tale. Astride his heavy warhorse rides a gleeming, well-armoured warrior. He leaps from the saddle and into the fight, hacking and slashing and singing the praises of a god he calls "Bahamut". With this new, as it seems friend, you all fight with a renewed determination. After a few more hard minutes of battle, the last of the zombies is crushed by Dorgath's hand as it trys to crawl back into the deep forest.

There is little time to great this stranger shen your hear the battle-whipped crys of RXI and the yelps of his wolf farther down the woodland path...

To RXI -
You dodge and attack in turn, your firey spells taking out many of the zombies. But alas, for each you slay there are three more, and they press in. You kill two more and then see your beloved wolf trampled down under the crushing and heartless blows of these hideous undead. Soon, your back is to the deserted temple's door with no more room to manuvere....

R

rkoelsch

Yelling,"Crom!!!" I head off in the direction of the smoke and fire

R

rkoelsch

** probably a mistake on my part but I assume that since RXI is probably not being to selective with his magic some fire spells might ignite nearby vegetation. If that is not the case I will have to wait til someone who can see better in the dark than I heads off towards RXI.

R

Rando

**To rkolesch -
Oh, OK...that makes sense. Yes, there is smike and fire.**