RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, May 16, 2001.

  1. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    "It would seem our course is set.Might want to see if the boat is seaworthy first.Jasper,you might want to ready that ring,anytime I've seen lightning strike a lake the fishies lost."

    ***Well it would seem we just need to decide the groups.I will be in the last group to cross.If you are in the first group and want light cast over the water (I can cast a ball of light that will light up a 25' circle)just say so.
    Rando,if the first group goes and wants the spell before I get a chance to get online in the morning please play that action for me.***
  2. EricBess Active Member

    "Let's split up the Dwarves and elves for weight. It the weight is not too great for the boat to handle, I can stand and we should be able to fit a fifth person. That would also give me a bit more time to spot Zilore's 'fish'."
  3. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "I have a Globe that provides light, if okay Archway, Dorgath, Nychus and I can go, I could bring the boat back
    get Jasper, Stephen, Thedlyn, then I can hand the Globe to Jasper and he could come back for Zilore"
  4. Rando Freaky Bear

    **A note**
    **I did not mean for that last post of mine to sound as hash as it turned out**

    To all Players -
    Roland, Archway, Dorgath and Nychus pile into the boat. Archway grabs the pole and then calls for one of the remainder on the shore to throw off the line.


    To Roland, Dorgath and Nychus -
    The four of you head off onto the lake. The air is much cooler over the water, but the air is perfectly still and silent. Archway must bob and weave through the stalagtites and rock formations, making the trip take longer then it probably should. Every once in a while, those of you in the boat must reachout and push the boat away from an aproaching rock.

    Archway Speaks, "It would seem that this body of water is only a few feet deep. None the less, I do not wish to wade through it."

    After about 15 minutes, the globe of light hovering above you illuminates the far shore. There you can see a boat exactly like the one you are in tied off on an iron spike, and a second iron spike set next to it. A 10 foot pole rests across the boat.

    Farther up the shore you see a cave heading off into the darkness.

    Looking behind you, the distance and stalagtites make it impossible to see your comrades on the other side, but you can hear thier muffled voices.
  5. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    in a low voice," Two of us could take the two boats back and bring the rest of the group, but that would leave 2 here cutoff for a 1/2 hour. What do you guys think?"
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I think that's fine. The only slight problem is perhaps 2 people are needed in the boat since sometimes we had to push the boat away from the rocks, but... <shrug> I'll stay and guard the cave entrance."
  7. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    "I'll stay as well. If anything comes I'll be able to pick them off easily."

    Nychus Takes off his pack, grabs his bow, restrings is, and gets ready to stand watch.
  8. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Roland -
    Archway says, "Well, we could each try to take a boat across. It'll most likely take longer though, since we have the rocks to avoid. What do you think?"
  9. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "I guess it probably isn't worth the risk. Unless anyone has another suggestion I will take the boat back as originally planned."
  10. EricBess Active Member

    ***Hmmm... Each boat seats 4... There are 8 of us.... It takes at least 2 people to move a boat and there are 4 of you over there.... Hmmm... But, I'm not over there, am I? ;)
  11. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Roland -

    Archway gets a glimmer in his eye. "We could tether the two boats together, and both of ride in the lead. Would That work, do you think?"

    Meanwhile, on the other side of the lake...

    Stephen strains to see or hear the 4 that went across. "Well folks, do you think all is well?"
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "It's a good thing Archway is here ;) . So who else is staying behind? I'm thinking of scouting out the cave entrance and tunnel for a bit while we wait."
  13. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    Roland starts knocking his head against the wall moaning, "I used to think, I really did, I really , really did"

    "I will go with Archway since Nychus has volunteered to stay behind"
  14. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    If you lash some poles across the two boats it will act like a pontoon. It'll take more effort to dodge rocks and stuff, but it will hold more and act a bit stronger.

    Do we have poles around? 2 would be needed.

    Nychus, distracted by his own thoughts, starts looking for drift wood or anything else that he could use.
  15. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Nychus -
    A good idea, but there is no drift wood where there are no trees.

    To Roland -
    Archway speaks, "As the only two poles we have are the two that are needed for guiding the boats, I fear we will have to go with my plan."

    He takes the rope from the second boat and ties the two vessals together.

    "Shall we go Roland?" says Archway as he climbs in to the small boat. "Nychus, Dorgath. We shall try no to tarry. All of the remainder of the party should fit into these two I think."

    To Nychus and Dorgath -
    Roland and Archway disapear into the darkness along with Zilor's glowing ball of light. Soon, it is pitch black on your side of the lake. You can still hear the others out on the lake and across it speaking, but can not make out what they say.

    A few minutes later, you both hear a grumbling noise coming from the cave up the shore...

    To Roland -
    With both you and Archway pushing off with a pole each, the trip takes much less time.

    To Zilore and Jaspar -
    You see in the gloom Zilor's glowing ball of light grow closer. You soon see both Archway and Roland returning with 2 boats!
  16. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    ***As soon as they land I will get in don't want to leave Nychus and Dorgath open to attack any longer then necessary.***
  17. EricBess Active Member

    ***Assuming they make it back with no incident, I hop in also.

    "Two boats? Why'd the other two stay over there?"
  18. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    Cursing himself for not lighting his second torch, Nychus notches an arrow, pulls back, and aims at the grumbling sound.

    *whisper* "Dorgath, what do you see?



    ***Can I tell what kind of beast is aproaching from the voice?***
  19. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Well, Dograth found a cave and got all excited because it didn't have water and wanted to go exploring. And we left Nychus there to keep an eye on him"

    Cursing under my breath day late, dollar short always think of these things later. Wonder were a wall could be? Oh no time for that. Help the others get in Stephen and Thedlyn and take off as soon as we can.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    How far away is the cave from the beach (or where we are now)? If we didn't hear the noise right away after the other two left, I should already be up there or on my way.

Share This Page