RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, May 16, 2001.

  1. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Jaspar -

    There does not seem to be any way to go around the lake.

    If the boat was going, wouldn't it be on the other side? ;)

    It looks like maybe 4 people can fit in the row boat and still be safe.
  2. EricBess Active Member

    ***Which is precisly why the question was rhetorical :)
  3. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    ***If possible.I will have brought up the rear.I would have picked up the hat and put it in my sack,along anything else that might have been droped along the way.I would pefer not to leave any markers for someone to follow.***

    ***Is the boat wooden,if so at least we would know the water is not caustic.**

    "So do we split the group?If we could tell if the water free of beasts we could have one man pole the boat with the heavy gear aboard,while the rest held onto the boat with one hand swimming across."
  4. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    **seeing how monday mornings are usually hectic I will post some assumptions.
    If we go by boat I would go in the second group. Unless we follow Zilore suggestion, of which I am none to keen as it leaves us way to vulnerable.

    to Jasper there is a difference between a wimp and a man who is prudent.
  5. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    ***There would have to be three trips,someone has to bring the boat back.So we are gonna be pretty vulnerable no matter what.***
  6. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    Even if we didn't split we would be vulnerable to an aquatic attack. Arrows don't penetrate the watter very well, and all a critter has to do is tip us. You sure there is no alternative?

    It is possible, or how else would the boat have gotten here. If there is no alternative I vote to ferry accross 3 separate trips.

    What kind of currents are we looking at? If it is against us I could stand guard with arrows while someone rows accoss the sea, and Then I could use the currents to coast back.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    After being uncharacteristically silent for this sojourn into the caves, Dorgath speaks:

    "Thedlyn, are you familiar with this lake?"
  8. EricBess Active Member

    Jaspar surveys the area, paying particular attention to the stalactites in the room.
  9. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    Nychus uses his Hunter skills to examin the sea shore. Are there any foot prints? Has anyone.... or anything been here recently?
  10. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "It appears we are at an impasse"

    at least in the game Where's Rando.
  11. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Zilore -
    Yes, the boat is wooden.

    To Nychus -
    The water is perfectly still, and there is no sign of tracks on the shore.

    To Dorgath -
    Thedlyn says to you, "This body of water is new to me, but in my home land all such underground lakes are avoided. As you know, no Dwarf is fond of water, and dark and evil things dwell where the sun never shines."
  12. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    "Light,maybe that's the answer.If there is no light here then any creatures in the water could be blinded by strong light.It would probably take then a long time to adjust to it.I could cast a lasting light spell maybe it would give us enough time to make the crossing.I suppose it could draw attention to us tho.What do the rest of you think?"
  13. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    " Now I am not sure if this will work but how much rope do we have. There is eight of us. If we tied a rope to the boat. One group could pull it back after the other reached the other side. Unfortunately having said this aloud I realise this probably won't work."

    Start beating my head against a nearby wall.
  14. EricBess Active Member

    "Well, the water is fairly calm, so we should have to worry about the boat drifting. Obviously, this lake has been crossed before without too much incident."

    I check out the boat to see if there is any sign of blood or leftovers from a food "bribe" that might have been used to distract something.
  15. EricBess Active Member

    ***Also, how high is the ceiling here? Does it get higher further out over the lake or does it maintain a consistant height?
  16. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Jaspar -
    The boat shows no signs of containing any thing but the pole.

    The ceiling of this cavern is low. Out on the water, you figure that if you were standing in the boat, you could touch it.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    * Now wouldn't it be funny if this was a scene out of Empire Strikes Back... *

    <ahem> "Well, I am out of ideas. I can't think of anything so I will volunteer to be one of the first to row across."
  18. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "I will go over in the first boat to in case my magic could be of assistance.

    Take a couple of aspirin for my sore noggin.
  19. Daggertooth The Rune Master

    We have to have light anyway to cross, we might as well make it as bright as possible. Hopefully whatever may dwell down there is discouraged by light and not attracted by it.

    I've heard Fishermen say that a fish will stay away from you if you don't smell good. My herbal tonic might repell any Preadators from attacking us. Or, if they're blind, discourage them from investigating.
  20. Rando Freaky Bear

    To all players -
    The silence is only broken by the drops of water rolling off of the stalagtites and into the murky lake...

    **I need to know what you guys are doing before we can continue. The NPC's will only help so much...**

    Archway clears his throat and kicks at the stones on the lake shore...

Share This Page