RPG Chapter 5: The Master's Back Door

R

Rando

To Jaspar -

There does not seem to be any way to go around the lake.

If the boat was going, wouldn't it be on the other side? ;)

It looks like maybe 4 people can fit in the row boat and still be safe.

S

sageridder

***If possible.I will have brought up the rear.I would have picked up the hat and put it in my sack,along anything else that might have been droped along the way.I would pefer not to leave any markers for someone to follow.***

***Is the boat wooden,if so at least we would know the water is not caustic.**

"So do we split the group?If we could tell if the water free of beasts we could have one man pole the boat with the heavy gear aboard,while the rest held onto the boat with one hand swimming across."

R

rkoelsch

**seeing how monday mornings are usually hectic I will post some assumptions.
If we go by boat I would go in the second group. Unless we follow Zilore suggestion, of which I am none to keen as it leaves us way to vulnerable.

to Jasper there is a difference between a wimp and a man who is prudent.

S

sageridder

***There would have to be three trips,someone has to bring the boat back.So we are gonna be pretty vulnerable no matter what.***

D

Daggertooth

Even if we didn't split we would be vulnerable to an aquatic attack. Arrows don't penetrate the watter very well, and all a critter has to do is tip us. You sure there is no alternative?

It is possible, or how else would the boat have gotten here. If there is no alternative I vote to ferry accross 3 separate trips.

What kind of currents are we looking at? If it is against us I could stand guard with arrows while someone rows accoss the sea, and Then I could use the currents to coast back.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
After being uncharacteristically silent for this sojourn into the caves, Dorgath speaks:

"Thedlyn, are you familiar with this lake?"

E

EricBess

Jaspar surveys the area, paying particular attention to the stalactites in the room.

D

Daggertooth

Nychus uses his Hunter skills to examin the sea shore. Are there any foot prints? Has anyone.... or anything been here recently?

R

rkoelsch

"It appears we are at an impasse"

at least in the game Where's Rando.

R

Rando

To Zilore -
Yes, the boat is wooden.

To Nychus -
The water is perfectly still, and there is no sign of tracks on the shore.

To Dorgath -
Thedlyn says to you, "This body of water is new to me, but in my home land all such underground lakes are avoided. As you know, no Dwarf is fond of water, and dark and evil things dwell where the sun never shines."

S

sageridder

"Light,maybe that's the answer.If there is no light here then any creatures in the water could be blinded by strong light.It would probably take then a long time to adjust to it.I could cast a lasting light spell maybe it would give us enough time to make the crossing.I suppose it could draw attention to us tho.What do the rest of you think?"

R

rkoelsch

" Now I am not sure if this will work but how much rope do we have. There is eight of us. If we tied a rope to the boat. One group could pull it back after the other reached the other side. Unfortunately having said this aloud I realise this probably won't work."

Start beating my head against a nearby wall.

E

EricBess

"Well, the water is fairly calm, so we should have to worry about the boat drifting. Obviously, this lake has been crossed before without too much incident."

I check out the boat to see if there is any sign of blood or leftovers from a food "bribe" that might have been used to distract something.

E

EricBess

***Also, how high is the ceiling here? Does it get higher further out over the lake or does it maintain a consistant height?

R

Rando

To Jaspar -
The boat shows no signs of containing any thing but the pole.

The ceiling of this cavern is low. Out on the water, you figure that if you were standing in the boat, you could touch it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Now wouldn't it be funny if this was a scene out of Empire Strikes Back... *

<ahem> "Well, I am out of ideas. I can't think of anything so I will volunteer to be one of the first to row across."

R

rkoelsch

"I will go over in the first boat to in case my magic could be of assistance.

Take a couple of aspirin for my sore noggin.

D

Daggertooth

We have to have light anyway to cross, we might as well make it as bright as possible. Hopefully whatever may dwell down there is discouraged by light and not attracted by it.

I've heard Fishermen say that a fish will stay away from you if you don't smell good. My herbal tonic might repell any Preadators from attacking us. Or, if they're blind, discourage them from investigating.

R

Rando

To all players -
The silence is only broken by the drops of water rolling off of the stalagtites and into the murky lake...

**I need to know what you guys are doing before we can continue. The NPC's will only help so much...**

Archway clears his throat and kicks at the stones on the lake shore...