RPG...Chapter 4

B

BigBlue

Vertioch is amazed to notice the transcendental status of his dwarven friend. Most Dwarves never achieve this, of course this is likely due to a lack of trying by most dwarves. :)

M

MrXarvox

Pally finally wakes up.

"Ah, that was refreshin'!"

He then looks around, and noticing that nothing has happened, pulls out his spell book and begins writing.

A wind starts to blow.

"That's what I thought."

He then continues to write as the wind shifts its direction in a circle.
When he is done, he steps back behind a sturdy wall, knowing that a lack of gamemaster means a lack of monsters to beware of.

A loud "whoosh" and a subsequent thunderclap is heard. Part of the wall collapses and Pally goes flying through the hole, though he lands nimbly. He then springs back into the air as if he had no weight at all.

"Woooooha! And this is what happens when an old wizard gets to take a really, really long nap! Which reminds me..."

Pally lands softly on his Fog Elemental.

"All this leapin' around has got me thirsty! Anyone got a drink?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I, too, am surprised at my near-success. Usually it doesn't happen to one of my lowly experience and age. My mentor was three times my age (when you convert to human or dwarven) and he wasn't even close. I'll have to keep working at it... :p

R

Rando

You all get kinda punchy when I'm gone for a while, don't ya...

Quick question: For reasons beyond me, when I try to go the Casualplayers.org on my home computer, IE starts to load the page, I can see graphics, but it then gives me an error page saying the remote host is not responding...the site may be expieriencing technical difficulties, blah blah blah. Is this a fixable problem from my end, or do I need to call my ISP? It does it to other web sites too, but not all. What I find most strange is that it starts loading the page, then jumps right to the error page saying it's unavailable! I know the damn thing's available, I just saw the CPA logo at the top of the screen! Ahhhhhh!

But, anyway, I got some spare time at work here, so...

To all players but Tyresius -
You head down the empty Radafel streets, on the look out for the healer's shop. You soon spot the sign he told you about about a block away, nestled amoung other little stores and merchants.

Upon aproaching the shop's door, you see that it's one front window has been busted out, and that it seems that the inside of the place has been ransacked. Papers, smashed boxes and broken glass litter the floor, and most of the store's shelves and been violenty cleared, apairently by one simply shoving it all onto the floor.

All seems to be quiet inside...

To Tyresius -
While you look about the town hide-out, developing ways to make it more defensable, you hear a shuffling about on the building's floor boards above your head.

Through the cracks in the floor (ceiling to you) you can make out shadows and movement. There seems to be multiple forms moving about up there...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Just Wonderful, I should've figured this wouldn't be this easy."

*Niril begins searching debris for anything that might resemble the herbs.

Z

Zero T Katama

*Reposting my first encounter, want to make sure Rando saw it.*

*Anyone who's listening can discern the sound of hooves on cobble, and it appears to diminish and and grow, go this way and that, as if the horse or its rider was searching for something. At last, the horse, a bay (type of horse) charger with leather armoring appears from around one corner, along with its rider.
The rider is cloaked in a light grey cloak, its hood down, revealing the head of someone looking almost human but not quite. His skin has a golden tinge to it, and his ears are flatter on his head than would be normal. His nose does not protrude as much. His pale blonde hair is tied back in a bit of a ponytail.*

At last, people. I was growing even more worried

*He rides up to you, dismounting, and as he turns to face you, you can see he's armored underneath the cloak, sturdy banded mail, and also the hilt of a sword is discernable under the cloak.*

Hail, strangers. Tis good to see a sign of life. I had thought this town deserted, left to the jackals, as they say.

B

BigBlue

"Pally . . . or Niril . . . Divination isn't my strong suit, do you know any spells which locate objects (like this particular herb we've been requested to gather)?"

If not, I'll begin searching through the pile, plucking anything which looks useful (including all herbs, salves and ointments).

"Anyone have a spare bag of holding?"

M

MrXarvox

"Hmmmm..."

Pally leafs through his spellbook.

"I shoulda put an index in this thing. Well, let's see... I could summon something to sniff the stuff out maybe. Or... even better! I'll enchant me own nose!"

Pally mutters a few words, sneezes violently, and falls to the floor.

"Gee, maybe I should have toned that down a bit. And maybe learned what that root smelled like too. Well anyway, there's something pretty strong right over there <Pally gestures towards a corner> and some real minty fresh stuff right here near my feet. By the way, I think we could all do with a bath."

Pally continues to ramble, pointing out spots on the floor where he notices interesting scents as he goes along.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Awww...crap. Here we go...unless...I wonder... Could that be the pitter-patter of the spectral whatsis' Niril summoned and placed on sentry duty before he left? Hmmm...I'd best investigate, being VERY careful...

** Or is it ZTK's guy, and I'm the welcoming commitee? :eek: **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Jerked awake by our sudden progress, I stand guard at the door to keep an eye out for any unexpected "visitors" :)

R

rkoelsch

I stand outside keeping watch.
"I thought I was sleep walking for a while there"

R

Rando

To Tyresius - How are you going to investigate?

To those on the street -
looking around the debris, it would seem that no one has taken anything, but simply smashed things up real good. Every glass container is broken, and every sack is torn wide open. All the herbs and elixers have been purposefully mixed together to ensure that they are worthless and unusable. You all also find the healer's travel bag that he sent you for, torn to shreds with all it's contents emptied.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, that's just great. Looks like someone got here before us. Was this the only herb place or are there any more?"

E

EricBess

"The whole city is full of places like this right now. I think our best bet is to follow up with what the seer said and see if we can put a stop to this."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Very carefully...:p

j/k

The main door had a guard that looked at us through a peephole, right? I was thinking of using the same method, if possible. If not, I'll try to listen through the floorboards to those shadows that are "shuffling about", hoping to identify whether they are friend or foe.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(to Galdan)

"yeah, but isn't our buddy going to die/change real soon without those herbs? How many of us are here? Maybe we could split up and half go to the docks and half (or a couple) go to another herb shop or back and ask where some more might be :p "

E

EricBess

"You could be correct. But I've seen a few ransacked buidings recently and it looks to me like this one was done with a purpose. If that's the case, the herbs we are looking for have either been destroyed or moved.

"I don't know if splitting up is the best of ideas at the moment. Either way, we take a risk of running out of time, but I'm willing to go with the majority on this one."

R

Rando

To Tyresius -
The shuffling continues, but no words are spoken by who ever this is. They move fast, and are moving around in a seemingly random way...going this way and that, pausing for a bit, then heading to the other side of the room and back again...

To those on the street/at the shop -
You continue to debate a corse of action...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(to Galdan)

"I too will go with the majority, but I fear we will be too late to save our comrade..."

R

rkoelsch

"I think healing should be left to healers, We need to discover the cause and stop it."