RPG...Chapter 4

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Rando, Jul 8, 2002.

  1. BigBlue Magic Jones

    I'll quickly shove as many herbs and whatnot into a sack, then I suggest we return these to the herbalist as quickly as possible if we still wish to go to the docks (or was it city hall).

    A little investigation is in order, is there any indication as to what ransacked this place? Could it have been villagers looking for something, or are their clawmarks on the door or shredded material indicating it was the baddies?

    Now, I could cast a spell which would allow me to gate back to the holding area, if the rest of you want to continue without me.
  2. Rando Freaky Bear

    (Ah ha! Someone asking questions! Taking an active part in the action! Very nice)

    To Vertioch -
    Indeed, upon some cursory investigation, you do find claw marks on and around the front door, and a few scraps of cloth that seem very much like the wrappings on the ghoul-things that attacked the party outside the safe-house.
  3. EricBess Active Member

    *** I guess we've grown so accustom to not having you around :eek: ***
  4. Rando Freaky Bear

    [hangsheadinshame]Sorry[/hangsheadinshame]
  5. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    Pally's enchantment begins to wear off and he breathes a sigh of relief.

    "That minty stuff was givin' me a headache"

    *Pally's enchanmtment will still be on, though diminishing, for the next few game-hours, just in case it could come in handy*
  6. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril shoves some herbs into his bag, just in case

    "I think we should go check out the docks(that was where we were going right?) before night fall.
  7. TomB Administrative Assistant

    Hmph. That sounds like those spectral whatsis' that Niril summoned before he left, on patrol like we told 'em to do.

    I guess I'll continue to make whatever preparations I can, and I'll keep an eye on the door in case there's some action when the guys return.
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    (a long shot)

    I'm looking outside the door/building on the off-chance that the monsters might have kept dropping pieces of cloth and maybe have left a trail....
  9. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Dorgath -
    Looking around the street in fron t of the building, you do indeed find a few scraps of the same filthy cloth...on the path back towards the safe house!


    To Tyresius -
    Suddenly, you hear the loud, high-pitched squeek and groan of floor-boards being pulled apart and pryed up. Looking up at the ceiling, you see several sections of the floor above being ripped away...and you see clawed, swadled hands thrashing about, reaching down, searching for something to grab and catch...
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Ho Boy. . .

    Assuming this information is shared (from Dorgath). . .

    "Everyone who wishes to get to the safe haven quickly, gather round and enter this gate once it forms."

    Vertioch begins casting a spell. If you've felt the power of his magick before, it was nothing like this. Large sparks of electricity dance across the floor and are absorbed by Vertioch, then a bright point of light forms between his extended arms, after about a minute, a large circle appears and you can see the inside of the building. The Circle is large enough to step through, and Vertioch is busy concentrating to keep this gate opened. At the top of the circle, an arc of electrical energy burns through the sky towards the safe haven. The air smells of burnt ozone. The hair on your head is standing fully on end.

    Anyone who traverses this way can honestly say they've ridden a lightning bolt, it doesn't harm you, unless you are particulary weak vs Lightning.

    -- To Rando: At the other end of the gate, a similar window appears, showing those at this end, It's your call as to what we see at this point. The gate is open as long as I concentrate on it and goes both ways. I can go through it myself before it collapses if I wish. I have the sack of herbs and whatnot I've gathered.
  11. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril looks at the others to see their reaction to Veritoch's proposal.

    "Well if i'm playing savior, I might as well be prepared"

    *Niril's eyes glow blood red, five pieces of flesh rip from his body and crash to the ground. The lumps of skin and blood begin to form into creatures, homonculi. As the wounds inflicted by the homonculi begin to heal, Niril takes out his dagger and summons bone to form around it, solidifying it into a broad sword.

    *Niril motions to the portal

    "Shall we?"
  12. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    **Ah, dang! Just as the real fun starts, I'm going to be off making my way to Georgia for college...oh well... I'm gonna get my bit in anyway**


    Pally wraps his rags around his face to shield his sensitive nose from the ozone stench.

    "Wooha!"

    Pally starts to levitate, his ragged robes fluttering in all directions. His monocle starts to give off a deep purple glow.

    "Now's the fun part!"

    Pally grins maniacally.
  13. TomB Administrative Assistant

    I sound the alarm, gather the troops, and prepare to defend the hideout.

    ** I'll assume that I wasn't very successful in discovering alternative means to help defend the place, since you never really said anything about my thoughts on traps, or chemicals, or human torch trick afficionados, so I guess it'll be me and my blade standing here...;) **
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    Thanks to my long days of meditating, I have pretty much perfected the art of turning my body (or skin) into a substance that's hard as steel (still working toward diamond hardness) instantly. So with a thought, I do so and enter the portal.
  15. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    Grabs my club and enters portal
  16. EricBess Active Member

    ***Riding a lightning bolt while turned to Steel? Is that a good idea :D ***

    Obviously, we are not going to the docks at the moment.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** No no no, that's hard as steel. Not steel itself :D **
  18. Zero T Katama Silver Shadow Guardian

    *Still wondering why noone has responded to me, and/or Rando give me something to react to.
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Sorry. I assume you came up to the herb shop, not the safe house where Tyresius is **

    "hey there nice to meet you gotta go trouble back at 'home' " as I leap on a lightning bolt or whatever the heck the thing is.
  20. TomB Administrative Assistant

    ** ZTK, my character can't respond to you, since he's hiding out in a secret-like hideaway, and there's no way you could have ridden up and introduced yourself. If you were, instead, going to choose to ride up to the gang at the herbalist's shop, you probably needed to indicate that, so they'd know how to respond.

    You'd better hurry though. It sounds like they've an "express" to catch...;) **

Share This Page