RPG...Chapter 4

B

BigBlue

I'll leave scout behind to observe the shelter while we travel to the boathouse. If there is any sign of danger, he'll let Tyresius know and come get me.

I cast mage armor on myself once we get outside. For those standing around, your hair (or feathers) stand on end and sparks dance across the ground towards Vertioch as the spell is released. Then things go back to normal.

"Let's Roll."

R

rkoelsch

to Dorgath, "You know these mages can be a real pain. You wait and wait for them to get all prepared and now they are in a hurry."

Pick up my club

"I'm ready to go"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Indeed. Trust in the strength of your arm without any of this tomfoolery."

I feed Halycon a treat as we set out.

M

MrXarvox

"Yeah, checkin' out the boat first sounds good to me, though personally I'd rather stay back and get some sleep. Guess I'll go with you all though... <yawn> Gimme a flask o' something strong and I'll be fine."

Pally follows the group out of the shelter, a little groggily.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Very well then, I stay behind and get to work on our fortifications. Were we successful at getting ahold of some oil flasks? How about acid? Is there an alchemist in the house - someone who could maybe suggest something to spray the shadow guys with that'll burn up their cloaks?

How about physical traps? Would Dorgath (considering his dwarvish background) have seen any natural formations in this labrynth that would lend themselves to rigging up for a trap?

I'd also like to organize whatever able-bodied villagers are here, get a head count, and get some info on whatever provisions they've made for attacks from these beasts. This way, it'll be easier to integrate our group with theirs in the event of an attack tonight, and we'll know what we can count on in the way of help.

Does anyone else know that human torch trick of Galdan's? ;)

M

MrXarvox

Does anyone else know that human torch trick of Galdan's?
Like any other feat of magic, Pally can do it, but he'd probably end up burning all of his clothes off... :D ;) :eek: :p :rolleyes:

<Pally, feeling very tired, suddenly thinks of a new spell. He pulls a beat-up book out from the recesses of his rags and begins scrawling runes on a blank page with a small stick of lead. He then titles the page "fatigue exchange", flips a few pages back, and mutters "yeah, that's it". He then puts the book back into the folds of his clothing and begins to snore as a thick bed of mist gathers around him. He is soon fast asleep. As the group moves, they find that the bed follows, with Pally on it, and it seems to have an intelligence all its own. >

If he wasn't unconscious, Pally would have said, "Gotta love these Fog Elemental Beds. Soft and fluffy and capable of both travel and a little defense, all while you rest comfortably."
:eek: :D :D :D :eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Re-reading how we got to the safehouse, it looked like we just traveled "overground" through halls until we descended some stairs. So I'm basing my response on that. If it's incorrect, I could change it **

"Sorry Tyresius, I think most of the defense of this place lies behind that "knock on wood/knot in wall" trick. I'd place something there if someone breaks in, but the path here doesn't lend itself too well for traps or ambushes (in my dwarven opinion)."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Oh well. I guess I'll just do what I can..."

** I was actually rather thinking Rando would answer my query on the viability of trapping those "halls" that we traveled on our way to the seer. I was simply putting the possibility out there, but whatever...:eek: **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Oh. Well, maybe I can get a "vision" that would correct my opinion, if it turns out that I was wrong :p **

E

EricBess

*** We went down through the trapdoor before following the halls, so I was under the impression we were underground from that point.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Oh, and yes, Niril, spectral knights might come in handy, since Galdan seems certain an attack is imminent. I wouldn't want to alarm the villagers by having the undead in here with them though. Maybe we could post them on sentry duty?

"By the way, where is Roderick?"

** I seem to ask that a lot...:eek: **

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"Understood, Perhaps I shall summon about 5 above ground when the others and myself go to check out the docks.They'll prove to be a better match against these things then the Skeletons. Specters are much quicker and tougher."

A

Apollo

Halcyon pokes his head out of Dorgath's pack and surveys their surroundings with slightly bleary eyes.

"Hmm. Looks like all of our party has managed to stay alive while I was indisposed. That's good to know"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** Where, oh where, has Rando gone? Oh where oh where can he be? **

Yawn...:eek:

I think I'll go check on my horse, while we wait...

B

BigBlue

*And to think I actually felt a smidgeon of guilt for leaving for a week and not checking in. . .*

Vertioch summons forth a type V Demon, to question about the current situation.

Of course since the demon is mere illusion, it offers no insight.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril takes out a pan flute, and begins playing.

E

EricBess

Galdan aims a huge flame, roasting Pally dead,

"And until we get a game master back here, these executions will continue, one per day..."

:p:D:p

M

MrXarvox

Pally was too busy being asleep to get killed by Galdan, but the fog elemental passes wind at Galdan in retribution. Galdan is now lightly moist. :D

R

Rando

Hmmmm....executions once a day until I return, huh? All for little ol' me? I promise that I'll start being a little quicker here. Thanks for your patience.

To all players -
You all leave the Seer's quarters, and the hidden passage is once again closed up behind you.

As you head towards the exit of the safe house, you see Roderick being attended too. His eys are glazed, and the swelling surounding his wound has spread. The healers and herbalists tending to him have removed his coat and shirt, and you can see that the wound has become festered, after only about 20 or 30 minutes!

"We don't know what to do with him" says one of the healers. "Nothing we can provide can stave off the fever, and this swelling I fear will cover his entire body in a matter of hours."

"There is one thing" says another healer there, who bends down to get a closer look. "The Haben root may stop the fever and heal this wound, but we have none here. OH! If only I had the suplies from my shop. Then we could better help your companion."