RPG...Chapter 4

R

Rando

To all players -
You are all led to the back of this crowded room, and there is no room for privicy. There are young mothers nursing thier children, and people squated over chamber-pots, trying thier best to be inconspicuos. People try in vain to sleep amid the squaller and noise, and over in one far corner, several children prod a rat with a stick, the only game to play.

But, it seems at least one person is aforded his own space...the Seer.

Once you are all in the farthest corner (judging by the empty racks and barrels around, it would seem that this place was once a wine celler), the young man who is guiding you pulls aside a shelf. He looks around cautiosly, and then prys up a few boards in the wall, revealing a passage way.

"Go on" says your guide. "When you are done with him, or when he is done with you, just knock and I'll let you back out."

After you all crawl into the hole in the wall, the young man puts the boards back in place and slides the shelf in front.

You all find yourselves in a dark, thin passage. It smells of stale wine and mold. Far off in the darkness, you can see the glimmer of toarch light, and can hear a man's moans...

R

rkoelsch

** have those that were on the surface caught up with the others?

B

BigBlue

** It's the Gas that comes from divination. Most of what they tell you is BS and it stinks. ** (This coming from an illusionist with zero access to divination magicks. And No, I'm not jealous.) :D

I quietly follow, plugging my nose to avoid the stink of mold and mildew.

R

Rando

**yes, I assumed that everyone met back up in the safe-house**

M

MrXarvox

Pally coughs quietly as the stench enters his lungs, and follows with his rags wrapped around his nose and mouth.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I follow along with the others, trying not to breathe too deeply.

R

Rando

To all players -
The corridor opens up into a small room that may have, at one time, been a root celler. In the center of the room, squating on the dirt floor, is a tiny little old man. He sways back and forth, his eyes closed and his lips murmering something that you can't quite make out right now.

To his left is an old woman, mopping the sweat off of the seer's brow. She wears a worried expression, and rings her hands when not attending to the visionary.

To the seer's right is a young man, possibly in his late teens. He sits with a sheef of paper, his ear almost touching the old man's mouth. He listens intently at every whispered word, and then jots down what he can.

As you all enter, the old woman stands and rushes, as best she can, over to Galdan.

"My lord. My lord, my husband is in terrible shape. We were having tea, when suddenly he seemed wracked with pain, and he fell to the floor...writhing. He screemed about demons and of fire, and said that the child of shadows had come to Radafel. He then curled up and continued to chant. Jasper here has tried to write down what he could, but I'm afraid my husband is not being completely coherant."

R

rkoelsch

"He looks like he is burning up." I search for any means of keeping him cool

E

EricBess

To the woman - "We will do what we can to help."

To the group, which I gather together for a moment, with the exception of any that appear to have healing talent that want to help the seer - "I don't know what's touched him. At this point, you know almost as much as I do. There is one more thing. Before all this trouble started, a body was found at the docks and brought before the council. Soon after, a couple of the city council went missing. Things escallated from there and those things we encountered earlier began appearing. The body went missing shortly after the attacks started."

After explaining what I know, I go to the boy and ask him for the first few pages of what he has written so far as, "...there is likely information that will help us restore the seer his sanity."

The whole time, I make it clear that the situation is under control. Not because I feel it is, but because it helps to give the townsfolk a sense on confidence.

M

MrXarvox

Pally tries to condense some ice out of the air for an icepack for the seer, but all that happens is a fleeting cold draft. He then picks up some stones from the floor and, using the same spell as before, directs the frigid air onto the stones, causing them to crack slightly and rapidly cool. He hands them to Morgoth.

"These should do for now, though they'll only stay cold for a few hours."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If Galdan has the time, I inquire as to what the body looked like, where it was last seen or kept, any info or details about it that he can remember.

R

Rando

**there's been a lot of people on vacation at worker the last couple of weeks, so everyone else's work-loads are bigger. And at home, our phone lines are screwed up, so I appologize for how slow this is moving. :( **

To all players -
Jasper finishes writing down a few more items, and then the seer seems to go completely catatonic. Jasper scribles a few more notes, and then stands and addresses Galdan.

"My lord, I've never seen the seer in such a state, nor have I heared him utter such nonsense and giberish. He says that the child of shadows has come to Radafel, and means to claim it as his own. He is making his own children and they hunt at night. But then he says that as thier power grows, they can come out at day, sometimes. I don't know sir, it does not make much sense. He also says to seek the room of many doors and thrones, and that the ship holds a clue. Oh, yes...he also says that the coat...perhaps cloak, I couldn't make him out well...the cloaks, coats, whatever, of the dead alow them to walk by day. What could it all mean, sir?"

At this time the old woman is on her knees next to her husband, rocking him back and forth...

B

BigBlue

"What it means, my dear boy, is that we need to burn these cloaks when they are out in the day, and let nature run it's course."

Using knowledge, or religion, does anyone have any idea who the "child of shadows" is? Does it refer to a deity, or cult?

"It would appear that wounds from these beasts turn their victims into their kind. Hopefully the destruction of the lead host might reverse the other victims, including our friend."

"It also sounds like we should avoid battling at night, when the darkness is their ally."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I would assume "Child of Shadows" refers to the original beast, but i could be wrong. I'm more interested in the room of many doors and thrones, does anyone have a clue about this?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting...

"I also wonder about the ship comment. This is a port city, right? I wonder which ship holds the clue..."