RPG...Chapter 4

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Rando, Jul 8, 2002.

  1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Since the original 'body' was found at the docks, perhaps there's a ship that arrived recently that could give a clue. Galdan, do you know of any such ship that arrived or left around the time the body appeared?"
  2. EricBess Active Member

    *** I've been on vacation all week. I won't be home until Wednesday. I'll be travelling Monday and Tuesday, so I'll be a bit sporatic. Seems I haven't missed much yet, though.

    "Let me think. I believe the body was found on a boat. To be honest, by the time the body dissappeared, there was already too much going on and I didn't think about the boat. It was pulled into the counsil boathouse. I have no idea if it is still there or not.

    "The 'Child of Shadows'? That doesn't sound familiar. The room with many doors and thrones could be the counsil chambers, but I've been there within the week and nothing seemed out of order at that time."
  3. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    "I believe I've heard of something similar to this 'child of shadows'. I heard it from this other beggar, name was Cobblestone. Said it comes at night. I said 'really. a child of shadows that comes at night. real original' but ol' Cobby went out one night and didn't ever show up again, so there must have been somethin' true about what he said.

    <everyone looks at Pally as if he's wasting their time>

    Hey, I didn't say I had any knowledge about the child, just that i've heard of the bugger."
  4. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    "Okay......anyway, I say we investigate the docks and see if we can find the boat"
  5. EricBess Active Member

    "I could lead a group to where the boat was last stored. If there is a clue there, we could certainly use it. However, I fear these people have had their safty compromised. If those creatures are intelligent as they appear to be, they now know where this group is hiding out. We should try to protect them."
  6. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "What time is it? I mean, if we've still some daylight hours left I think we should continue to investigate things like the boat clue, while if it's getting on towards nightfall I definitely think we should stay here and help protect these people.

    "So what time is it?"
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Would it be wise to split our group and have some check out the council chamber as the "room with many doors"? If not, I'm willing to go along to the docks..."
  8. Rando Freaky Bear

    **Ya know, the most fun I have with these little RPG's is watching you all try to figure out what to do.**

    To Tyresius -
    It is stil daylight, I'd say late afternoon. Since it is summer, you should have a few hours of light ahead of you.

    To all other players -
    What's up? Is the group splitting? I have no problem with that if that's what you want to do.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Beats me. I am willing to check out the council chamber while others check out the boat. If no one says anything otherwise in a day, I say that's what I do (bringing Halycon along, of course). **
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

    "Before the sun goes down, while the day is still our ally, I suggest we go to the council chambers as a group. We should have it in our minds to break out windows, bring mirrors if available to bring as much sunlight into that building as we can."

    "If there is a slip in the actual council where this boat is, we should attempt to bring that boat out of the building, and then torch it during the day. I feel we are likely very outnumbered and must use the daylight to our advantage."

    If we weaken them enough, then we may perhaps be able to confront them, but not given their supernatural abilities and numbers at this point."

    "Any oil flasks would be helpful, as would any mirrors" I say to Galadan (who seems to know more about this city than the rest of us).

    "If we are battling the undead, then Holy water would also be very beneficial." "I'm going to guess that this child of shadows is a vampire and will take all necessary precautions against it."
  11. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Considering the speed these things exhibit, I think we should stick together. I don't have a problem with the council hall. As far as the boat I am afraid I don't know anything about boats."
  12. EricBess Active Member

    "The council chambers are not at the docks. We have enough daylight left to explore one or the other, but not both unless we split up. Does anyone here besides myself know where the council chambers are or where the council boat house is?"
  13. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    "I haven't a clue where either are. but how about we put it to a vote. I'm a little wary about spliting up just yet"

    *Niril looks at the others in the room

    "I vote for checking out the docks, if this is where the creatures originated from it should provide us with some good information on our foes"
  14. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Votes:

    Nay to splitting up.

    Yay to boat first.

    "Realize that tonight will likely be bad. they know where we're at and will likely mount an offensive strike. Of course we'd be better off defending than trying to move the inhabitants of that shelter."

    "We'll want to get back with an hour or so of light to make it more defendible."
  15. EricBess Active Member

    "The council chambers are simply a guess. If the boat does somehow provide a clue, my preferrence would be to check there first. If we do split up, I suggest it is to leave a few able bodies here to help defend this place. As the seer has mentioned, they appear more able to travel during the day than they did before."

    "At the very least, we should prepare the villagers with the information we have learned."
  16. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "Galdan, if you think it would be best I'll remain here to safeguard the villagers. I'm sure you'll all be able to ferret out whatever clue got left behind on that boat without me, and I think I'd like to take the opportunity to examine their defenses here, and to strengthen them if I can. Maybe we can set up a few traps and such, in case the monsters break through the outer doors."
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Okay to the not splitting up and checking out the boats first, that's fine with me. Let's go."
  18. EricBess Active Member

    "Is it decided then? Let's form a party to check out the boats. If you," indicating Tyresius, "would like to stay and help the villagers, that would be appreciated. There are a few able-bodies amoung them, but they are by no means warriors. They could use a leader in the event of an attack."

    ***Once everyone has chimed in on what they want to do, I will lead the group to the boathouse.
  19. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Boats is fine. as long as we don't make no trips on it"
  20. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril turns to Tyresius

    "If you want, I could summon some spectral knights to help you out here."

Share This Page