New RPG, Chapter Two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rando

To all players -

You find the old woman much as the bird had seen, huddled over a stove, cooking.

She is singing to herself quietly, and seems to be is a good mood.

Her mood shifts when she realizes that someone is at the kitchen door. You startle her, and she shrinks back, dropping her butchers knife and the pot of stew she was preparing onto the stone floor.

"Oh! Oh, my goodness! Brigands! Thieves! Please, oh please let an old woman be! I'm just the cook, and the lord and lady of the manor have been away for a long time."

P

Prince RXI

Celebrandir nudges Tyresius forward, silently and motionlessly beckoning him to talk.

B

BigBlue

Vertioch nods off wall waiting for something to happen. After about 10 minutes he stands, puts out his pipe and begins heading towards the manor.

**He's very impatient don't ya know**

M

MrXarvox

Pally has fallen asleep.

"murff ar nuff gorgggggg plot"

He's talking in his sleep.

"Oi seen 'at... garblebuggy... dunna say 'at oi kin fry ye on ken... Gerradulos!"

He opens his eyes for a moment, then goes back to sleep.

"porr arg hatpin..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
**To reiterate guys: I'm only online after midnight (Chicago time) during the week, and usually on the weekends too, though I'll occasionally come online in the afternoon on Saturday or Sunday. This means that if our DM wishes to roleplay a single conversation either one of you will have to speak up and handle it, or relax and wait till the next day after I've had a chance to come on and say something.

The choice is yours...:)**

Oh crap, I think, there goes dinner...

"Calm yourself woman. We are no brigands, or thieves - we are simply travelers on this lonely, desolate road. We are in search of lodging this even, and a hot meal...well, we were...:("

If she calms herself enough to talk, we should attempt to learn more about where the "Lord and Lady" of the manor went, as well as the whole rest of the known world, for that matter. Otherwise, I think we should continue on to Radafel, since the dog is enjoying our stew at this point...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I guess that means Vertioch and Celebrandir can take up the conversation during the day, provided it doesn't get demanding or overbearing, 'cause that's why I nominated Tyresius in the first place; I was pretty sure he wouldn't let it get that way **

B

BigBlue

** Why not yourself then Spidey? I don't wish to be in the position of "leader" and spokesperson. I simply want to see the story progress, and apologies to TomB for undue pressure placed on him and his online schedule. **

Vertioch approaches the manor quietly, listening for sounds of a struggle.

R

rkoelsch

** we are on a 10 day hiatus so everyone please chill. Don't forget Rando had to take a vacation. be patient.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** oh yeah, forgot about the vacation... Well, I'm also non-human which wouldn't go well for the reasons I gave why Celebrandir wouldn't be good and I didn't want to nominate myself anyway, that's kinda in poor taste (at least for my characters :) ) **

B

BigBlue

*aHH, I remembered the hiatus, I forgot about the demi-human status, this is so "loose" I forget who's here and too darn lazy to go look it up again.**

** I'll do a summary later, as long as we're on hiatus anyways**

A

Apollo

Halcyon suddenly swoops down, landing in the branches of Pally's tree, looking not just a little bit befuddled.

"I must have lost my way at some point, which is quite odd, considering I was riding on Roderick's shoulder... Yet I suddenly found myself alone in the wood for several days. I would appreciate it if you kind folk would take care not to lose me, as I fear I am not the most intelligent of birds.

I would volunteer to be the spokesman, but old ladies have a tendency to start clutching at their chests when I talk to them..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** Vacation time, eh? Have fun Rando...:D

I think I'll make this one sticky, so it'll be easier to find in a couple weeks...:) **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** You can pretty much guarantee that I'm a dwarf in whatever I play. They're my favorite race. Magic, Warhammer, D&D, the online Warriors game, you name it :) **

Dorgath is aware of the arrival of the talking bird, but figures that this isn't enough to break his meditation... :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril finishes eating his pomagranate, takes out his dagger, and uses it to pick his teeth.

A

Apollo

Halcyon sits in his tree, whistling a little tune, wishing he had a pomegranate.

B

BigBlue

Vertioch, hearing the Wish of the colorful bird, turns from his course to the house. He begins casting a powerful magic. . .

And POOF, in a puff of blue smoke there now sits a pomegranate where Halcyon once was perched. Sadly there's no sign of Halcyon.

Vertioch mutters, "CRAP! I hate it when that happens."

After a few moments of pondering, Vertioch raises his hands again. Sparks again dance along the ground as he begins his incantations, the hairs on the backs of your necks stands on end, this looks like a powerful magic indeed. Then, suddenly there is a small rustling in the leaves of the tree as Halcyon emerges, prior to the release of the spell. Vertioch looks puzzled and ends his incantations without any noticable effects.

**Just having our own little vacation. ** :cool:

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** Since Rando should be back now, I'm unstickying the thread. We return you now to your regularly scheduled RPG...;) **

"So, Madam, where have the Lord and Lady of the manor gone?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I didn't see him on at all yesterday during the day, which is his usual time. Hopefully he's just recovering from the trip and will be on soon :) **

R

Rando

**Howdy folks! I had a do both at home and at work when I got back from vacation, so I could not get right back on. But I'm back now! By the by...should this be moved to the spiffy new Member's Games forum?**

To all players -
The old woman responds, "Good sirs, the lord and lady of the house traveled to Radafel, and have been gone a good three weeks longer the intended. They went to see what problem there seemed to be with the shipping trade the good sir owns and opperates. The traders usualy stop here at the manor on thier way to the eastern lands, but that tradition sudenly stopped. When a merchant the mister and missus do buisness with came by a while back to complain about the suden lack of shipments, the decided to get to the root of the problem. It's not like them to take an extended holliday with out sending word to the staff."

She regards each of you for a moment, still stiff and on her guard.

"May I ask, what are you travelers doing going door to door bothering old women?"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"We don't mean to be a bother to anyone, ma'am. We ourselves are on our way to Radafel. The road has been so quiet...too quiet, actually, and so we thought to stop by here and see if you had any news about what's going on here. If there's anything else you could tell us about it we'd appreciate it very much..."

Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.