New RPG, Chapter Two...

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Rando, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    *poll #1,2,3,4: all is well*

    "I don't think we'll be needin' any garlic or crosses or suchlike. Wolfsbane, maybe. Could be werewolves. But y'know what this sounds like to me, though? Gnolls. Personally, I don't wanna be in a small group when I come upon 'em, cause they usually travel in packs."
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

    **You are doing a fine job, thank you for providing the entertainment.**

    Vertioch emerges from his Rope Trick and decends down to the rest of the group.

    Normally I wouldn't condone splitting up, but given the complete lack of movement in the village during the day, it could be fine.

    I would offer a suggestion of staying relatively close, and I'll have scout overhead to keep an eye on things.

    Niril, as resident Delver into the dead, what do you think we're dealing with? I think perhaps the town has been beset by an undead army and the townsfolk either perished or fled, although to have no signs of life is indeed a puzzle, typically there are a few stranglers who should still be around.

    Anyone know how near we are to another city of good size, to seek assistance, refugees, or offer warning?
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I too am leery about splitting up, but maybe two groups of four and five are okay.

    I have no idea if other towns are near..."
  4. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril turns to face Veritoch

    "Personally, I think that an army of the undead is a possibility...but not of an outside force, my hunch is that the townsfolk have become the army, in which case I am more than willing to fight fire with fire"
  5. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Being an eternal optomist, I hope that this "Army of Darkness" :D is not the townsfolk but another group. I'm hoping we can save some of the townsfolk. If you are correct, and the town has become undead, is there any way to bring them back, or are they lost forever as living members of society? And this is the Capital, so presumably the regional government would be lost as well, not that there's anything wrong with that mind you. :)

    **If I miss you, sorry, but is this the group?

    Pally - Former August Mage
    Halcyon - A most elegant fowl
    Niril - Dark Elven purveyor of even darker arts
    Celebrandir - Bard Extraordinaire
    Tyresius - Sergeant at Arms for the troupe
    Dorgath - A Dwarven? Monk (not too often you see those)
    Morgoth - Babarian Nomad from the Wastes
    Vertioch - A Wandering Illusionist with a knack for the obvious.

    Rando, did your character vanish, I've forgotten his name and abilities. He was the one suggesting we visit this "peaceful" seaside town.**

    EDIT - To fix typo's hehe
  6. Apollo Bird Boy

    *I think you're doing a great job, Rando--no complaints here*

    I'm not a big fan of splitting up, either--best we all stick together, cause you never know whose abilities will be the most useful.

    Halcyon pokes his head out of the pack and notices that we are now moving. He scrambles out and flies a short distance above the group, using his sharp eyes to scan out ahead for trouble.

    *Oh, and I appreciate the "elegant" comment, but I'm not foul at all!:p*
  7. TomB Administrative Assistant

    ** No problem with the game at all Rando. Great job so far man...:D **

    Mmmm...garlic...:p

    Okay, I guess we'll form up in the morning and head into town. I think we should get an idea what we're walking into before we make any decisions about splitting up, but that's up to you guys. I'll stick with the largest party for now...;)

    What do we see, feel, hear and smell?
  8. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril stands around...doin' nothin':D
  9. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch Yawns, and does his morning stretching, wondering what he'll see today in town.

    **Poke, Poke, Poke. Party calling Rando, come in Rando. We're awaiting your next move, is your PC dead? **
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch begins forming one line which will work the seaside of town, "Who's with me?"

    Once we are assembled we'll head towards town after breakfast.
  11. TomB Administrative Assistant

    I spend the time while we are waiting sharpening up my sword, and checking over my mount, and my armor.

    I wonder where Roderick wandered off to...:confused:
  12. Rando Freaky Bear

    **Sorry folks...It's been a crazy couple of days, both on the family front and at work (pulls hair out, convulses a bit)**

    To all players -
    Roderick speaks, "I've been here all the while, my companions. Please forgive me for having a lazy tounge."

    With the morning sun on your back, you all head down the rolling hills towards Radafel. Once again, no life stirs in the town, not even the gulls at the harbor.

    Radafel is walled on three sides, and the fourth side is protected by the sea. There is a lage gate on the Eastern wall, which is where the main road leads.

    When you get to the gate, you find that it is barred from the inside. The walls are about 15 feet high. Obviously, no guard comes to great you, and there is only an spooky silence on the other side of the wall.
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Barred from the inside? It looks like people wanted to keep things OUT than in..."

    How well kept are the gates? Strong and shiny? Old and rusty? If the former, unless my companions do something, I'll look for a way over the wall. If the latter, I'll try to bust them open.
  14. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Well obviously the walls didn't stop what these people were trying to keep out. I don't think it should stop us. I think I have a rope and grapnel somewhere."

    I begin to rummage in my pack
  15. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril stares at the wall and barred gate, pondering how to get in
  16. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch thinks the Wall Crawler should simply climb over the wall. :)

    I think we might want to check the other gates. If anyone is willing to brave the cold waters, we could swim around the wall, how far out does the wall extend in the sea?

    Anyone have a pole vault?

    Sadly my fear of spiders prohibits me from casting spider climb.

    **For the sake of not using magic to solve every puzzle, I'll assume I don't know levitation and certainly don't know telekinesis**
  17. Rando Freaky Bear

    This is up to you, but I do appretiate it that you're playing with in the spirit of things.

    I'll wait for my next reply, when a few other have given thier ideas and options.
  18. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril finishes scratching his head and rams into the gate with the full force of his body. The impact causes Niril to fall backwards, defeated.


    ...ow

    **It is up to you Rando if you decide that this has any effect, but Nirili s a rather lanky individual...and a mage, so chances are a physical blow from him would do practically nothing to the gate, unless its hanging by a single hinge or something**
  19. TomB Administrative Assistant

    My first impulse would be to call out and try to get the attention of someone on the other side, but since there doesn't appear to be anyone within earshot I'd say we need to find another way in.

    Hmmm...

    Can we send the birds over the wall to scout things out? If we do, what do they see? Can they find something to help us out with this? I'd say maybe they could find a key, but the gate is barred, so that wouldn't help. We could try to force it physically, but, again, a barred gate would probably stop us.

    I agree with Vertioch, that we should check for other gates before we resort to climbing. Maybe we'd have better luck at a different gate, or by the seashore.

    Hmmm...
  20. Apollo Bird Boy

    I'll fly just over the wall and check out the inside of the gate (staying high enough to make sure it's safe, first). If it's something that I can open, I'll do so. Otherwise, I'll look to see if there seems to be an easy way for my companions to open or bypass the gate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page