New RPG, Chapter Two...

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Rando, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rando Freaky Bear

    **I'll tell you now, I'll be in Florida from May 7th through the 17th, and then have to be groomsman for my little brother at his wedding on the 18th, so there will be a pretty bid delay in the game. I PROMISE to continue it when I get back. Infact, If I end up bailing out on you like I have before, then boycott any game I try to start up again. Disney World. Yippy.**

    It is yet a full two days walk to Radafel, and even though some of you have horses, they must still stay the pace with those that are on foot.

    The journey is quiet and the weather is good for traveling. You all do find it strange, though, that you meet no one on the road. Not a single wagon or horseman or pilgram crosses paths with you. It's really rather unsettling for you all to be alone on what you know is a well used, if not the most used, highway in the northern kingdoms.


    "As large as I was always told RAdafel was, it's certainly odd that we've seen no one, eh?" says Roderick on the morning of the 2nd day.

    A few hours later, you all come to a cross-roads. There is a signpost here, and it bears four markers...

    West - Radafel
    North - Humphrys
    South - Nanapush Mines
    East - Bugoton

    You know that Bugoton is the village you just left, Humphrys is a simularly sized hamlet, and that Radafel is the city you seek. The mines of Nanapush is located in the Southern Arm of the Great Eastern Mountains, and is the home of many dwarves. There is not really a town there, but the dwaves do set up a trading post on the surface to do buisness with humans.

    Also, you see that about a mile off the road to the north is a small manor house with a few out buildings. Because of the cattle there, you come to the conclusion that it is occupied. A small winding road leads to it...
  2. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "Bugoton huh? That town was well named," I mutter as I examine the signpost. "Bugs by the ton in that place, and mostly between their ears..."

    I glance up the road to the north, and look at the manor house there. "I wonder if anybody's around up there..."
  3. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    Pally gestures toward the manor house.

    "If there's people in there, I wonder if they'd give us lot food and shelter for the night, afore we make the final leg to Radafel? I, for one, am starvin', and badly in need of a good night's sleep."
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    ** Hey, nothing wrong with Disney! **

    "Sounds good. Walking gets tiresome after a while anyway. Besides, there might be some information there about where the people have been"
  5. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "I'm hungry. Wouldn't mind eating. It doesn't look like anyone will beat us to Radafel. Maybe someone at that house can explain the lack of traffic."
  6. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    *Niril wipes the sweat from his neck with a small cloth

    "Yes perhaps these people will be kind enough to give us food, rest, and a little knowledge as to the situation with Radafel"

    Niril shifts his bag back onto his shoulder and begins walking up the path
  7. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    "Every well. I think what we should be kind and sincere. So sheath your swords, hide your axes, still your staves, and wear your bows. It would be proper if we do not seem menacing when we come calling for lodging... I think that you should let me handle the talking, unless you want to."

    Celebrandir keeps up with the others, waiting for their answer.
  8. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Bard, I mean no offense but between you and one eye there, we were almost at the wrong end of a short rope."
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Very true. I nominate... Tyresius."
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch agrees that Tyresius should be spokesman, "I second the nomination."

    "No offense songsmith, but perhaps a knight should do the talking, we do not know the audience and they may have a thing against fair folk, some do in this region which is why I wear my hood most of the time."

    With that Vertioch pulls up his hood and follows the rest of the band on their way up the path, staff in hand.
  11. Rando Freaky Bear

    To all Players -

    You make your way up the winding path, past some cow fields and hay stacks, with an old, rotting rail fence keeping guard on both sides.

    As you get closer to the manor, you see that it is rather bad shape. The roof tiles and falling off, and the window shutters are hanging on by a thread. Weeds and small thorny bushes are growing in patches out on the lawn. You can see by the lovely stone and wood work, though, that this estate was once quite slendid.

    The three out-buildings are not in good shape either. You see that one is a much smaller house, one appears to be the out-door kitchen, and one is the out-house.

    As you continue up the path and come up to the steps to the front door, you see that the door is open, just a crack...
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    (whispering to the others) "Well, what do you think? Announce our presence, charge or sneak in?"
  13. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "It looks as deserted as the rest of the countryside. I don't think strolling up to the door and annoucing ourselves is still a good idea. I am afraid I am not the best at sneaking but some scouting would probably be a good idea."
  14. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

    Niril looks at the others

    "I agree Morgoth, but what if whoever is sent out to scout is caught, this might get on the bad side on our would-be host. I suggest we all slowly enter, that way no one person stands the risk of being overtaken by anything that might wish us harm, and if we are greeted by the owner, then we were merely curious travelers."
  15. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "Probably right, the last incident has left me kind of paranoid."
  16. Prince RXI CPA Moon-Boy

    "That is all fine indeed, but I want a show of hands here. Who here has ended a 50 year War without any further blood shead, without threats, without one side having unconditional reasons to quit, and did it alone???"

    Raises his hand.
  17. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch puts a glove on his right hand and raises it aloft. After a short while a Hawk descends and lands. He whispers to the hawk and it flies away again. This time around the farmhouse and the outbuildings. Vertioch puts his hand down and closes his eyes appearing deep in thought.


    *What does Vertioch see through Scout's, the hawk familiar's, eyes? If nothing outside the buildings seems unordinairy (or no people are seen) have him look at the building to see any signs of windows or doors, are they boarded up, glass, broken glass, open air etc. Also what is the time of day if I missed it? Also we never really got a response to the level question (Vertioch is a 18th level Mage/5th level Ranger NPC who I'm imagining at around 5th-7th level Illusionist (with funny traits, nothing major) for this campaign. Also I'm assuming no magic Items only the spells I know, If we can choose one let me know or if I'm too high a level I'll dumb it down.)*
  18. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    ** I don't mean to answer for Rando but I think levels are unimportant to him. He tends to keep the power level low and instead tries to keep it interesting through player interaction and creative storytelling. Like I don't have a level for my character in mind he is just a veteran Warrior bumming around.
  19. BigBlue Magic Jones

    *The only reason I ask is for spell selection. I don't expect to run around casting Wish, but I'd like to know if say a Wall of Force is acceptable, or if Stoneskin is available etc. That's all. Not that I give a darn about HP etc. just to know how high my spellcasting goes and what effect I should expect. How many missiles Magic Missile creates, etc. Level is no big deal to a fighter type really, but to a mage I think it's a little more important. (Not that there's anything wrong with fighters mind you, I'm no good in a fistfight!*
  20. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "I'm the spokesman, eh? Very well..."

    I make no effort to hide exactly, but I do wait for the hawk's scouting report before proceeding. If people are located I call out to let them know we're there, and I act in a forthright, friendly manner. If they are amenable, I offer them gold for lodging and a hot meal. We'll also attempt to gather information from them - as much as we can...

    If no one is found, I'll lead the group into the house looking for any possible clues as to what happened to the inhabitants. We continue to have the hawk scout around watching for clues as well as people, and I'd say one of our ranger types should check the perimeter of the building looking for tracks before we mess them all up with our own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page