New RPG, Chapter Two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Sorry Celebrandier, but I'm thinking a human would be more receptive to another, especially since we really haven't seen a lot of non-humans in these parts and this looks like a human farmstead. When we get to elves, we can consider you then."

R

Rando

**this little game of ours is neither based on any level system, nor has anything to do with D&D. "Back in the day" everything was made up by the players as we went along, keeping in mind not to go overboard or try anything obviously overpowered. So, you are an illusionsist?
(somewhere inbetween 28th and 30th level, huh? That's just crazy. I don't even see the fun of that.)
So, since you are an illusionist, you cast illusions. Go with that and use your imagination.**

To Vertioch -
Your raptor circles about the manor and then does a couple of fly-bys on the out buildings. The info you glean is this...There is an elderly human male in tatered clothes asleep in an upstairs bedroom of the manor, and an equally elderly human female cooking in the out-door kitchen. There is nothing else of interest, really, and no other people can be seen.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Well, I guess I like being the "little guy", I mean, what fun is it to have super-powerful items "out of the blue" so you can solve everything? That's what gods are for **

Assuming Vertioch shares this information...

"Well, they seem harmless enough. Perhaps Tyresius can check it out? One or two people would probably not cause them to panic as opposed to the whole bunch of us tramping in."

B

BigBlue

Vertioch shares the recon information with the party. I would agree that we should proceed with fewer numbers and point out that given the shape of their clothing and home we might pose a rather large imposition to them. Also we shouldn't assume these are their cattle, perhaps they are living in an abandoned manor.

Vertioch backs away from the building, sets his staff in the ground and the hair on the back of your neck rises, sparks float accross the ground towards him and he casts a spell. A puff of blue smoke engulfs him and when it fades you see before you a man dressed in more rural clothing. The bluish tint to his skin is gone and his ears look less elven. He still carries the staff but the blue stone has been doused. The hair goes back to normal as well.

*Did I miss the time of day again? And spidey is the "out of the blue" comment for me?* ;)

P

Prince RXI

"You truely have never heard of me, have you?"

Celebrandir suddenly changes to be 6 feet tall *He was 5 foot 11*, his ears turn to that of a human's, and his body becomes the shape of a common human. The change is only noticable if you have seen him before and if you really are looking.

"With this ring that my guardian gave me I can alter my appearance in an instant. I was taught by the dwarves that made it how to use it. Now, what are you going to say to the people if they think we are enemies?"

R

rkoelsch

"Yes I think 2 or 3 at most should approach. We only need to ask for shelter we have our own provisions. I can go with you, Tyresius and maybe the Mage should go also. I would prefer to stay here though."

R

Rando

**My god, and now a ring of disguise...**

The time is around mid-day.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** BigBlue: That comment was totally unintentional :eek: **

I look Celebrandir up and down. "Nope, still doesn't ring a bell."

"Anyhoo, I'll wait here until we're given the okay."

B

BigBlue

*Whew, for a minute I was thinking I'd have to have a little Fried Peter Parker. Hey, this is probably a dumb question but are you stoked for Friday's Movie Release?"

Vertioch shakes his head in disbelief. "Amatuers, and their material needs."

*Rando, could I PM you with a little background on my char which will eventually come into play? I'd prefer that to airing it all out to the rest of the party.*:)

R

Rando

**Sure, PM away. No one has PM'ed me at all in about a year, so make me feel special.

Concerning the game, what is the plan for entering the manor house? I'm a little lost now.**

R

rkoelsch

** if okay with the party Tyresius, Myself and Celebrandir will approach the old woman, Dorgath, Vertioch and the rest of the party will wait out of sight watching events. Tyresius will be the spokesman. Me and the bard are there to back him up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** I'm looking forward to the movie but am not seeing it tomorrow; got other plans and it'll be crowded anyway. It'll be in theaters for a while so I'm not worried.

That plan sounds fine. I realized I picked the guy who's on in the early morning (at least on my time zone) so I don't know if we want to wait or just go **

R

rkoelsch

** Hea had left instructions hopefully that will get us through.

Quoted
I'm the spokesman, eh? Very well..."

I make no effort to hide exactly, but I do wait for the hawk's scouting report before proceeding. If people are located I call out to let them know we're there, and I act in a forthright, friendly manner. If they are amenable, I offer them gold for lodging and a hot meal. We'll also attempt to gather information from them - as much as we can...

If no one is found, I'll lead the group into the house looking for any possible clues as to what happened to the inhabitants. We continue to have the hawk scout around watching for clues as well as people, and I'd say one of our ranger types should check the perimeter of the building looking for tracks before we mess them all up with our own.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril sets his bag down and leans against a tree

"I suppose I'll just wait here then"

Niril pulls a pomegranate out of his bag and begins to eat it

P

Prince RXI

***Ring of Chamealon Powers, I said I had one earlier, does the following: wearer gains a +15 to hide and can use the ring like the alter self spell unlimitedly.***

"This was not ment to ring a bell. I was just showing that I could change to a non-elf and be exepted by an elf hater. No one that doesn't know me, unless they have glasses of true seeing, would know that I am really an Elf. And I agree, more than 1 person should go up. I also agree with Morgoth in that he, Tyresius, and myself should be the ones to go. Lead away Tyresius."

B

BigBlue

Vertioch walks over to a tree and sits down and rests while waiting for the trio to check out the farmhouse. He reaches into his backpack and removes a pouch. He takes a pipe out of the pouch, packs it with pipeweed and lights it with a small flame from his finger.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** I was afraid something like this might happen. Yes, I'm only on after midnight CDT, so please keep that in mind everyone. I'll try to leave a general intent as to Ty's actions, but he'll pretty much follow along with what the group decides for the most part.

Oh, and RXI? Please put away all the toys. They're really starting to get tiresome...:( **

We approach the old woman and greet her in a friendly way. We ask her about the road to Radafel, and whether she'd be willing to put us up for the night and feed us for, say, a gold piece each. If she takes us up on the deal I say we spend the night helping her and the old man, and gleaning all the info we can gather.

If she refuses I think we should leave quietly and continue on our way to Radafel...

B

BigBlue

Vertioch agrees with the plan as proposed. He continues smoking his pipe.

*not that anyone was seeking approval mind you.*:D

M

MrXarvox

Pally leans up against a tree and begins muttering under his breath.
The tree develops a depression for his head to rest in.

"Mm, just like when oi was a kid..."

Status
Not open for further replies.