New RPG, Chapter Two...

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Rando, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrXarvox The Prettiest Man Alive

    "Stand back, ye all!"

    Thunder crackles through the air and rattles the ground as Pally points his finger at the gate, touching his monocle with the other hand-

    In the right light, the spark might have looked quite impressive, but since it's day all anyone sees is a flash, an old man hopping around in a circle trying to put his finger out, and a slightly charred, but still quite sturdy, gate barricade.

    "Ach! dagged lightning! Fergot to shield against return strokes, daft me, bloody daft me! Ow! Ow! Ow!"
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Vertioch Staggers back at the release of Lightning by another, he appears slightly woozy. He recovers in a minute.

    "Very Impressive, Pally."

    I send scout to look at the other gates to see if they are closed and barred as well.

    Also, how far does the wall extend into the Sea?

    I wonder if I used a rope trick and placed it over the wall, we could climb up the rope and down the other side?
  3. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "I'm not really dressed for climbing...:("
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

    Perhaps you don't need to Tyresius.

    If some of us climb over we should be able to unlock the gate and open it presumably.

    Unless it calls for great strength in which case a mage or two wouldn't be opening it alone.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "I should be able to climb over if needs be, no problem there. But I like Halycon's idea of flying over AND scouting the rest of the gates too."
  6. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "Okay - let's do that then..."

    I think Roderick wandered off again...:(
  7. Rando Freaky Bear

    To the birds -
    As you fly over the town, all is as it seems. There is no sign of life of any kind anywhere in the city. You also notice that all the doors within the city are closed, and all windows are shutered.

    To the people -
    Scouting around the walls of Radafel, you find a smaller gate on the north side. It leads in from a small, less used road that goes north. The gate is open, just a crack.

    To all players -
    I assume that when you all join back p, you share this information with eachother. Roderick speaks, "Should we all go in in force, or just send one to scout about? If a single scout is decided to be the way, then I humbly volunteer my services. I've yet to make myself very usefull to the group."
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "Isn't this a big town? Won't it take a while to scout? Why don't we all go in through the slightly open gate and head toward the town hall or whatever serves as that purpose and start from there?"
  9. BigBlue Magic Jones

    I'm thinking we should go as a group, knocking on all doors to see if we can find anyone. This last piece of information gives me more hope that perhaps the townsfolk have barricaded themselves indoors rather than having all been turned int the living dead.

    We might as well go to the gate which is slightly open already.

    I'll be towards the back of the party, having cast another alter self to look more acceptable (human youth).
  10. Apollo Bird Boy

    I don't know, in a city with no signs of life that is totally barricaded both inside and out, one slightly open gate strikes me as quite suspicious. If we can find a less convenient way in, I would be happier. But if you guys trust this, I'll follow you.

    And when we get in, I think we should definitely go as a group. One person wandering off alone is just asking for an untimely death in a situation like this (hmm). Safety in numbers, I always say.
  11. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "I agree, my fine feathered friend. We should definitely stick together. And I agree about the ease of our entry too, especially considering how well barricaded the other gate was.

    "Still, I really don't want to try to climb over the wall in this getup, so I think we should use this entrance. And heading towards an ostensible Town Hall sounds like a good idea to me Dorgath.

    "You can scout ahead if you'd like, Roderick, though I'd not recommend it...:eek:"
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    "But this gate was only slightly open, which leaves the possibility that some 'survivor' managed to get it open and escape or something. I say go for it."
  13. rkoelsch Angel Boy

    "I think we should stay together. I am for the straightforward approach, I am not good at sneaking around."
  14. TomB Administrative Assistant

    "Me either, Morgoth. But I believe we should exercise some caution, so let's go in ready for action."

    I unsheath my blade...;)
  15. Rando Freaky Bear

    **Please go on to Chapter Three**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page