New RPG, Chapter Two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Niril puts his dagger away, sits against the tree, and continues waiting.

R

Rando

To Tyresius -
"No. No sir." says the old lady. "My husband and I have not even SEEN another soul for nearly a month, let alone heared any other news. I'm afraid I'm just no held to thee."

To those waiting outside -
It is a pleasent day, and a stiff breeze kicks up from the west. The wind carries with it the salty twang of the sea's brine, (which is now only a day's travel away), but something more sinister as well. It seems to be the faintest stink of rotton meat...

**Oh, and could we have a sound-off of those still playing, your character's name, and the character's occupation. It seems we may have had some deserters during my vacation.**

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Name: Niril, Drow of the mist
Spells(I think if i list my spells, I had about 5 in mind for this game, It would help Rando gauge the level of my character, I'd suggest this to the other mage characters also playing so that we can balance out Power)

1. Summon Skeleton
2. Summon Homonculi
3. Bone Armour
4. Summon Specter
5. Summon Minor Demon

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Actually, ma'am, you have been a help. Thank you."

I think we should just go ahead and continue our journey without worrying about staying the night here. Obviously our presence is making the lady a bit uncomfortable...;)

We should probably attempt to investigate that smell...:eek:

** Ty is a battle-worn veteran man-at-arms in plate mail wielding a huge 2-handed sword...:D **

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Name: Dorgath Stonesplitter

Assuming the ones inside have come out and told us what the lady said...

I sniff the air. "Boy, that smells a little funky. Should we investigate now or in the morning? I say wait until morning..."

R

rkoelsch

*barbarian
"If we are going rest this place looks defensible."

M

MrXarvox

name: Palyverulos per-August. Please call him Pally.

occupation: Wandering beggar/ ex-mage of the August order who still appends the title to his name.

spells:
Theoretically he can do anything, other than necromancy because they don't teach that in the August Academy. However, he can't do too much of anything in particular...

A

Apollo

Name: Halcyon

Halcyon is a relatively large, bright red bird (by relatively large, I mean a little bit smaller than an eagle) with a strange abililty to talk and a very large appetite.

Also, due to a tryst with with a phoenix way back in his family's history, Halcyon is capable of starting small fires--like, enough to start a cookfire, give somebody a hot foot, or warm up some ale, but not enough to really do any damage at all.

B

BigBlue

Present and Accounted for.

Illusionist w/ a penchent for Electrical spells. (At his current level, the best he can muster is a weak effect similar to the Charged Bolt in Diablo) Other than that he's had a lot of experiences he can reproduce with voiceless illusion. He's also been know to summon foodstuffs (pomegranates and such). :)

M

MrXarvox

Dozing off against a tree, waiting for something interesting to happen.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by TomB
I think we should just go ahead and continue our journey without worrying about staying the night here. Obviously our presence is making the lady a bit uncomfortable...;)

We should probably attempt to investigate that smell...:eek:
** But those were just suggestions...;) **

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril walks over to Tyresius and the others

"I agree with Tyresius, I think the odd smell deserves some investigation"

A

Apollo

While normally I wouldn't think investigating the smell of rotting meat to be such a good idea, this time I'm curious. And besides, I can usually fly away if it gets too scary.

Although there's something that makes me even more curious than the meat: just what does a "salty twang" smell like?:)

B

BigBlue

Vertioch indicates his willingness to investigate the smell rather than bother the housekeeper.

"Halcyon, how does a bird plug it's, umm, nose?"

R

Rando

I hate to sound either stupid or pushy, but what are you all doing to investigate the smell?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Very well then, since we've an agreement to investigate the smell we should probably form up into a standard marching order. Halcyon, would you mind scouting on ahead and checking things out? I'll ride in the lead of our group, personally, with my sword eased in it's sheath, and I'll keep my eyes, ears, and nose open ( :eek: ) looking to observe anything unusual, while attempting to follow the trail of that rotten meat odor.

The rest of you should form up as you see fit...:)"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, seein as how there's not too many fighters and a lot of spell casters, I'll take the rear. Onward ho!"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

"I got your back Tyresius"

*Niril follows close behind Tyresius in the marching order, his hands held close together, ready to cast a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.