New RPG, Chapter Two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BigBlue

Vertioch falls in line behind Niril, by about 10 paces. Eyes alert, staff at the ready with Scout flying ahead with Halcyon to keep him company and provide further recon.

Vertioch informs the party, "If we encounter the undead, I won't be nearly as useful other than a Bolt of Lightening and some lower magick, illusion isn't the most useful tool against their ilk, they're too mindless to notice. I'll try my best with my staff, but I'm not great in battle."

**Rakso, do you want a spell list? **

R

rkoelsch

I try to make my way up front. "I won't be much help unless I am eye to eye with the scum."

M

MrXarvox

Pally gets up, yawns, and hobbles over to the group, taking a position in the middle.

"Can't go puttin' an old geezer like me in harm's way, eh?"

A

Apollo

Halcyon flies on out ahead, to see what he can see. He welcomes Scout's company, though he isn't the most talkative of fellows.

*And I doubt Rakso would want a spell list, seeing as Rando is running the game.;)*

R

Rando

**Rakso? No spell list is needed. As I said before, this is all more or less "make it up as you go".**

To all players -

You all gather back up outside of the mannor house and make plans. You can see the old woman and now the old man peering out from behind partially drawn curtains, watching your every move.

Following you noses, you strike out west, back along the main road. The smell you follow grows a bit stronger with each step, but never becomes over-powering.

Soon, night comes, and camp is made. You all notice that yours is the only camp fire within sight, which is a strange occurence for this streach of road. Most of you have a bit of trouble sleeping with such a scent in the air.

To Pally - During your shift for the night watch, you hear far, far in the western distance a sound that seems to be the groans of a wounded animal. As the night wares on, the noise sounds more and more human. By the first light of the sun, it is gone.

To all players -
The next day's travel is just as uneventful as the previous one, with no one on the roads but your-selves.

By that evening, you crest a hill and see down bellow, on the edge of the great western sea, the city of Radafel, spread out in all it's wealth and glory. It is still an hour or so before night-fall, but you all do notice the complete lack of lighted lamps on the city's streets.

On the far western side of Radafel, with the setting sun sending red and orange sparkels out over the waters, you see Radafel harbor, with narry a single ship in sight...

R

rkoelsch

"Doesn't have much of a night life. I think we should have sought entertainment elsewhere. Well might as well get a closer look."
Head down to the town.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Niril pulls the hood of his cloak over his head(just in case there are any townsfolk with a grudge against elves), and follows Morgoth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, that's odd. No trace of what caused the smell?"

Shrugging, I head down to the town with everyone else.

R

Rando

**Oops...something I forgot...**

To all players -

The smell is much stronger as you crest the hill and start dwon towards the town, but there is no indication of what may be causing it.

Also, as yu get closer to the Radafel, you notice that you see no people...or animals. There aren't even any gulls flying over the bay.

B

BigBlue

**Sorry, no idea why I type Rakso instead of Rando. Whoopsy! What is the value of two consonants anyways. And that's good, I may need a Wish someday.**:)

What does Scout see with a flyover of the city, any movement below? Carrion? Scavengers? Anything?

Perhaps we might be better suited staying out of town this eve and enter it on the morrow? (tomorrow fot those not used to archaic speech) ;)

R

Rando

To Vertioch -
When the bird makes his fly-over, he sees no life what-so-ever. Not so much as an alley cat stirs in the city of Radafel. But, there is also nothing aparently wrong or out of place, either.

To all players -
As night-fall draws closer, the smell of carrion grows ever stronger.

A

Apollo

Halcyon is quite scared and hides in Pally's pack during the night.

A thought, though: if the city seems deserted during the day, when Scout and I fly over, yet the screams come during the night, it could be that we won't find anything until night falls. Nevertheless, I too agree to wait until the morrow to enter the city. And if we are forced to spend the night in the city tomorrow, we better set a double watch.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"A dead town by day, and groaning, semi-human sounds by night? A pervading dead, carrion smell? No one around at all - not even at sea?"

This isn't good...:(

"I seriously think we should find a defensible position outside of town - preferably somewhere out of sight of the city, where we can set up an ambush, instead of heading into town at nightfall. We can always check things out tomorrow, like Vertioch suggested, when it's a bit lighter outside.

Hey - did anyone think to bring a crucifix? I'm fairly sure we're going to need one...or perhaps some wolfsbane...:("

If we do decide to continue on to town instead, I'll continue to lead, but my sword will be out and I will be very alert...:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"I say we camp out here for the night and explore the town tomorrow, when it's daylight. No sense in letting them have an advantage over us during the night."

R

Rando

**Quick Poll**

1 Things are going to fast/slow/fine.

2 I'm being not descriptive / descriptive enough.

3 I intuit too much/not enough of the players actions.

4 There is enough/not enough/a fine amount of action/intriuge.

All for the sake of quality controll :) **

To all players -
You make camp and spend the night in the hills overlooking Radafel. As soon as the sun sets completely, you all here the same sub-human groaning coming from the city. Now that you are closer to the town, the noise is more distinct and you can make out that there is at least dozens of "voices" joining together to make this aweful sound.

Peering over the hills and down into the city, you see that there are still no lamps lit, and all is pitch black down below. Also, the stench of rot and filth grows even stronger now, but begins to fade as dawn aproaches.

By the time the sun does rise, you see that Radafel is still deserted, and all is quiet...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1: fine
2: are being descriptive enough
3: intuit fine
4: fine amount

I stretch and do the normal morning stuff (especially eating).

"All righty, shall we go down and check out the town?"

I head off, hoping people are following. If everyone goes, I retreat back to the marching order of being last in line.

P

Prince RXI

I agree with spidy on the poll

"Well, If everyone has nothing against it, I think we should split into groups of 3s and search the city for what has happened in grand total. We MAY find an answer."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

*Same here on the poll

*Niril finishes a pomegranate

"I think that splittiing up would make us too vulnerable, but whatever the group decides I shall go along with it."

*Niril throws a piece of garlic at Tyresius, and smiles

"This what you had in mind?:D "

R

rkoelsch

"Death is Death unless some mage is mucking it up" I follow Dorgath.

** I am satisfied with the progress so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.