Magic: Commander #1

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
15 damage to Oversoul.
Aren't you guys playing with the 21 commander damage rule? If you aren't, and will next game: I think it's useful to track the damage from each commander to each player as well, like you're now tracking life, hand and library. At least that'd make it easier to follow the game.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I forgot about that. So... I'm dead? I'm pretty sure once combat damage resolves from Zur, he'll have hit me for more than 21.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Should we rewind in case anyone wants to do anything since this is our first time playing, on the forums to top it off so people lose track of stuff?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I forgot about the rule myself for a while and can see why others would. So, does anyone who had not responded before want to respond in light of this information?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting confused... I'm about to leave for the weekend, but are we backin up to Oversoul's last attack on turgy22, the one where he got the Empyrial Armor? If so, how much damage does turgy22 have on him from commanders already?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think we are backing up to before combat damage being assigned in case anyone wishes to save turgy22. And it's not damage from all commanders. It's 21 points from a single commander that will kill you.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Since Turgy has already taken 15 (or 14) points of damage from Zur, I can't save his butt and will pass once again.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, you guys suck.

Just kidding. Good game, all.

Except Ransac. My spikeshot goblin will be laughing at you as Zur tramples your head into a fine paste.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Underground River putting a beast token onto the battlefield, done.

Mooseman: 40
Hand: 7
Library: 83
Command Zone: Crosis, the Purger (6/6, Dragon Legend. Flying Whenever Crosis, the Purger deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2B. If you do, choose a color. That player reveals his or her hand and discards all cards of that color from it.)
Battlefield:

(U) Watery Grave (L. T:B or U. As Watery Grave comes into play, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Watery Grave comes into play tapped instead. )
(U) Volcanic Island (L. T: U or R )
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(U) Crosis's Catacombs ( T: Add U, B, or R to your mana pool. )

Aether Vial ( At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a charge counter on Aether Vial. T: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on Aether Vial from your hand into play. ) ~1 cntr~

(U) Fog of Gnats (1/1, INSECT. Flying. B: Regenerate Fog of Gnats. )
(U) Shadowmage Infiltrator (1/3, Wizard. Fear Whenever Shadowmage Infiltrator deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. )
(U) Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (2/2, Legendary Creature - Spirit. Flying Creatures you control have "Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability.")
Graveyard: Miren, the Moaning Well
Exile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oversoul: 54
Hand: 4
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Watery Grave (UB Shockland)
(T) Dromar's Cavern (WUB Lair land)
(U) Strip Mine (T: 1; T,sac: destroy target land)
(U) Underground River (UB painland)

(T) Zur the Enchanter (14/17 from lots of stuff; Flying, shroud, lifelink, unblockable; Whenever ~ attacks, I may search my library for an enchantment card with converted mana cost of 3 or less and put it onto the battlefield. If I do, shuffle my library) *Diplomatic Immunitied* *Steel of the Godheaded* *Empyrial Armored* *Empyrial Armored*
(S) Sower of Temptation (2/2; Flying, I control Rampaging Baloths as long as this stays out)
(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6, Trample, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.)
(S) Beast (4/4)

Diplomatic Immunity (enchanted creature has shroud and so does this enchantment)
Steel of the Godhead (if enchanted creature is white, it gets +1/+1 and lifelink and if it's blue, it gets +1/+1 and shroud)
Empyrial Armor (enchanted creature has +1/+1 for each card in my hand)
Copy Enchantment (copying Empyrial Armor)

Graveyard: Ponder, Legacy's Allure, Rewind, Dromar's Charm
Exile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spidey: 40
Hand: 3
Library: 86
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5

(U) Skullclamp (Equipped creature gets +1/-1.; When equipped creature is put into a graveyard, draw 2 cards.; Equip 1)
(T) Spectral Searchlight (T: Choose a player. That player adds one mana of any color he chooses to his mana pool)
(U) Whispersilk Cloak (Equipped creature is unblockable.; Equipped creature has shroud.; Equip 2)
(U) Tower of Fortunes (8, T: Draw 4 cards)
(U) Gauntlet of Power (As ~ ETB, choose a color [WHITE].; Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.; Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces)).

(S) Rakhsa Golden Cub (4/5 from Gauntlet; Vigilance; As long as ~ is equipped, Cat creatures I control get +2/+2 and have double strike)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Ransac: 38
Library: 85
Command Zone:

Vorosh, the Hunter (6/6; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~)

Battlefield:
(T) Faerie Conclave (CIPT, T: U, 1U: : Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature with flying until end of turn. It's still a land.)
(T) Sunken Ruins (T: 1. (B/U), T: UU, UB, or BB)
(T) Forest
(U) Snow-Covered Island
(T) Snow-Covered Forest
(T) Miren, the Moaning Well (LL. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness. )
(U) Reliquary Tower (T: 1. You have no maximum hand size)

(U) Acidic Slime (2/2, Deathtouch, When ~this~ etb, destroy target artifact, land or enchantment.)
(S) Beast (4/4)

Graveyard: Rend Flesh
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Equip the Cloak to Raksha

Done
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 7
Library: 83
Command Zone: Crosis, the Purger (6/6, Dragon Legend. Flying Whenever Crosis, the Purger deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2B. If you do, choose a color. That player reveals his or her hand and discards all cards of that color from it.)
Battlefield:

(U) Watery Grave (L. T:B or U. As Watery Grave comes into play, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Watery Grave comes into play tapped instead. )
(U) Volcanic Island (L. T: U or R )
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(U) Crosis's Catacombs ( T: Add U, B, or R to your mana pool. )

Aether Vial ( At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a charge counter on Aether Vial. T: You may put a creature card with converted mana cost equal to the number of charge counters on Aether Vial from your hand into play. ) ~1 cntr~

(U) Fog of Gnats (1/1, INSECT. Flying. B: Regenerate Fog of Gnats. )
(U) Shadowmage Infiltrator (1/3, Wizard. Fear Whenever Shadowmage Infiltrator deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. )
(U) Kira, Great Glass-Spinner (2/2, Legendary Creature - Spirit. Flying Creatures you control have "Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability.")
Graveyard: Miren, the Moaning Well
Exile:

Oversoul: 54
Hand: 4
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Watery Grave (UB Shockland)
(T) Dromar's Cavern (WUB Lair land)
(U) Strip Mine (T: 1; T,sac: destroy target land)
(U) Underground River (UB painland)

(T) Zur the Enchanter (14/17 from lots of stuff; Flying, shroud, lifelink, unblockable; Whenever ~ attacks, I may search my library for an enchantment card with converted mana cost of 3 or less and put it onto the battlefield. If I do, shuffle my library) *Diplomatic Immunitied* *Steel of the Godheaded* *Empyrial Armored* *Empyrial Armored*
(S) Sower of Temptation (2/2; Flying, I control Rampaging Baloths as long as this stays out)
(S) Rampaging Baloths (6/6, Trample, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a 4/4 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.)
(S) Beast (4/4)

Diplomatic Immunity (enchanted creature has shroud and so does this enchantment)
Steel of the Godhead (if enchanted creature is white, it gets +1/+1 and lifelink and if it's blue, it gets +1/+1 and shroud)
Empyrial Armor (enchanted creature has +1/+1 for each card in my hand)
Copy Enchantment (copying Empyrial Armor)

Graveyard: Ponder, Legacy's Allure, Rewind, Dromar's Charm
Exile:

Spidey: 40
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6

(U) Skullclamp (Equipped creature gets +1/-1.; When equipped creature is put into a graveyard, draw 2 cards.; Equip 1)
(T) Spectral Searchlight (T: Choose a player. That player adds one mana of any color he chooses to his mana pool)
(U) Whispersilk Cloak (Equipped creature is unblockable.; Equipped creature has shroud.; Equip 2)
(U) Tower of Fortunes (8, T: Draw 4 cards)
(U) Gauntlet of Power (As ~ ETB, choose a color [WHITE].; Creatures of the chosen color get +1/+1.; Whenever a basic land is tapped for mana of the chosen color, its controller adds one mana of that color to his mana pool (in addition to the mana the land produces)).

(U) Rakhsa Golden Cub (6/7, DoubleStrike from Gauntlet and being equipped; Unblockable, Shroud from Cloak; Vigilance; As long as ~ is equipped, Cat creatures I control get +2/+2 and have double strike) *Equipped with Cloak*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Ransac: 38
Command Zone:

Vorosh, the Hunter (6/6; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~)

Battlefield:
(T) Faerie Conclave (CIPT, T: U, 1U: : Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue Faerie creature with flying until end of turn. It's still a land.)
(T) Sunken Ruins (T: 1. (B/U), T: UU, UB, or BB)
(T) Forest
(U) Snow-Covered Island
(T) Snow-Covered Forest
(T) Miren, the Moaning Well (LL. T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 3, T, Sacrifice a creature: You gain life equal to the sacrificed creature's toughness. )
(U) Reliquary Tower (T: 1. You have no maximum hand size)

(U) Acidic Slime (2/2, Deathtouch, When ~this~ etb, destroy target artifact, land or enchantment.)
(S) Beast (4/4)

Graveyard: Rend Flesh
Exile: