Fifth Dawn Spoiler

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
C

chocobo_cid

As Mr. Gottlieb said, there are a few uses for this with a Triskedelion and a Pentavus and modular and a Forgotten Ancient...

I guess Arcbound Decks are going to splash green some more.:rolleyes:

M

mythosx

do you think triskelion might see more play? It would be a good game ender in ravager affinity. Although I guess ravager affinity is probably already too efficient for rites of passage, triskelion.

M

mythosx

this way farer's bauble just tore it for me. Blue, red, black don't have any manafixers. And they really shouldnt. But now they do.

All those countless articles about color wheels and other b.s. should never have been written.

T

train

kind of like WoTC's "we care about what you have to say" articles...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's an artifact, not part of their colors, so it's not that big of a deal.

Same reason why black, red, and blue used Nev's Disk early on... to take care of enchantments...

T

train

Black used Nev's for personal removal - necro, etc...

Red and blue i can more understand it as being something they would use against opponent's enchantments...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When I used black, I used it for general enchantment removal... didn't Necro have that artifact that allows the controller to bury one's permanent, or did that come later?

Since Fifth Dawn had its prerelease, is it worth it to keep posting the pics from WOTC or no? 'Cause Mark Rosewater had a lot in his article today...

T

train

It may be worth it...

you're specifically talking about despotic scepter... but killing the necro itself did little to control the board...

In a situation where you'd kill necro - your life is dangerously low, and your opponent probably has threats - so nev's would be the weapon of choice...

M

mythosx

nev's disk should have never been printed either. Its a reset button for everyone. And everyone should be playing with disks in thier decks.

T

train

There wasn't a color wheel then, and if there was, artifacts always break through it... so it doesn't really matter...;)

Mirrodin is the perfect example...:rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Disk was in the original set. Why try to make a case against it being printed? For one thing, it's a little late...

And for another, there were Ancestral Recall, Timetwister, Wheel of Fortune, Fastbond, Black Lotus, and a host of other cards that are more potent than the Disk (which is saying a lot, since Disk is impressive).

N

Notepad

Agreed. Back in the day, people weren't thinking how we do now. They'd see a Disk and think it was crap, because it killed your own Dragon Whelps and Unholy Strengths, too! :eek:

This is the same era that brought Killer Bees and the Elder Dragons to a $40 price tag. Yeah...

How times have changed...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul: I think that if you ask Richard and the original designers, they'd probably say those cards shouldn't have been made either, knowing what they know now (and I think they have), but that's not the point of this whole thing :)

mythosx was saying how with the Bauble, the color pie is worthless now that black, red, and blue have a "mana-fixer" and I was saying that the Bauble is an artifact, not a spell in one of those colors, so the color pie is still intact (since artifacts cross all colors anyway) and was giving a historical precedent. :)

T

train

I'd have to agree with spidey on artifacts not affecting the color wheel...

they are colorless... and even blue decks can manipulate card-drawing artifacts then for even more card drawing...

M

mythosx

no no...i do agree too...Here is what i think. The color pie is worthless...bring back some flava yo! Secondly, green hates artifacts blue likes artifacts...why are both of them equally benefitted by artifacts? thats the silly part.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
Oversoul: I think that if you ask Richard and the original designers, they'd probably say those cards shouldn't have been made either, knowing what they know now (and I think they have), but that's not the point of this whole thing :)

mythosx was saying how with the Bauble, the color pie is worthless now that black, red, and blue have a "mana-fixer" and I was saying that the Bauble is an artifact, not a spell in one of those colors, so the color pie is still intact (since artifacts cross all colors anyway) and was giving a historical precedent. :)
Yeah, and I think far fewer people would play the game if the cards could be retracted after being printed, but I meant there's no point to making a case against Disk being printed. I wasn't talking about Bauble at all...

T

train

Well - if there was a color that hated artifacts - it would be green... Green just has this "If it ain't natural, it ain't right!" mentality...