Fifth Dawn Spoiler

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
I

Istanbul

I've made several decks that use Door to Nothingness for the kill. They're not Tier 1 and never will be, but they're a lot more viable than, say, a Coalition Victory deck or an Epic Struggle deck or a Mortal Combat deck or a Test of Endurance deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Epic Struggle is kind of silly, since it requires you to be winning the game in order to win the game. I've never seen a deck based around Mortal Combat, but I can picture it working better than Door, in a Fluctuator deck at worst, or perhaps with Hermit Druid...

Now Test of Endurance I have seen work, and work well. It was still a suboptimal deck compared to what could be done using Oath of Druids, but it was an interesting creation and I nearly lost a casual tournament to it, in the final round. I got first, but the guy with the Test of Endurance deck did get second. That says something for it...

Coalition Victory is as bad as Door and possibly worse. No argument there. Believe me, when Invasion came out, I was taking shots at Victory whenever possible.

T

train

someof the alternate win conditions are a little odd...

but I don't think you have to be winning the game for the epic struggle to win out for you... best I can think of is nest/alarm

Coalition is almost the hardest to accomplish compared to others I've seen...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Oversoul
I've never seen a deck based around Mortal Combat
I've played against one in my MP group and thought it was pretty neat (I think I mentioned it in some thread in Single Strategies).

T

train

:D

Here's the Deck list:

Whoa! v.1.0
4 Mortal Combat
4 Morality Shift

4 Dark Ritual
4 Culling the Weak

4 Priest of Gix
4 Basal Thrull
4 Cathodion