Fifth Dawn Spoiler

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul: Ah, perhaps your comments were aimed at mythosx since he's the one who said the Disk shouldn't have been printed.

train: Not exactly true, look at Titania's Song. If there was a color which hated artifacts, I'd say it was red with all of it's artifact-busting spells, especially the ones that dealt damage back to the controller of the artifact too :)

T

train

good point spidey - runs along the lines of - "watch this, rocks hurt too... it's all natural"

Maybe it makes sense that red and green - allies, are both artifact haters...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, white can kill artifacts too...

And blue can bounce them of course...

Black is the one without the artifact removal...

Meh, stupid color wheel...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We know that, but we're talking if one color absolutely had to hate artifacts. White used to deal with them well before the color pie change where it got switched to green, and blue can bounce or copy them, but only with red is there a destructive "picture" about its artifact-hate spells (at least for me :) ) It's just a general "ka-boom-ness".

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
True...

...yet red has the most destructive card names all around not just in reference to artifacts...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, 'cause it's red. But I think it's getting away from the point that if you had to single out one color out of the four that can deal with artifacts, red would be the most hatin'.

T

train

Yeah, 'cause it's red. But I think it's getting away from the point that if you had to single out one color out of the four that can deal with artifacts, red would be the most hatin'.
Spidey - I'm glad you've realized blue is not a color...

C

chocobo_cid

Blue sub-fatally affects artifacts. It doesn't destroy, it merely bounces and steals!

C

chocobo_cid

Blue isn't a color, it is the center of all of the Magic Arcana ideals! Perhaps my new article (PLUG, PLUG,) when it gets posted, will elighten the populace on this concept!

T

train

no enlightenment needed here...:p

Blue is not a color - period... it's a mutant refraction of light...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So if Psychic Venom and Power Sink would have been purple, would Train claim that purple isn't a color?

C

chocobo_cid

Probally not. However, if Counterspell and Boomerang were pruple, that would be a different story.

T

train

Purple was the 6th color for magic, don't you all remember that rumor...

and it would be better than blue...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I remember the rumor somewhat. Was that the one that one of the magazines started?

Okay, so if you haven't taken note of this already, I'd like everyone to look at the pictures of cards from the Invasion block. I'm not sure about cards from other new blocks, because I lost interest in this...

But check out the cards with the five Dragon Legends...

Dromar's Attendant, Rith's Attendant, Treva's Attendant, etc. are good examples. They have jewels on their chests that represent the colors of mana they produce, except the black jewel isn't black...

Guess what color it is...

And does anyone remember the Dojo article that joked about black being replaced by purple, which is more child-frienldy?

N

Notepad

The first rumored color was yellow, back when Arabian Nights was about to release. People thought Deserts would produce yellow mana. Doh!

Then somehow everyone jumped on the purple mana bandwagon.

I'd prefer orange or yellow be added, because they're annoying colors. Might make blue less annoying by contrast. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The first rumored color was yellow, back when Arabian Nights was about to release. People thought Deserts would produce yellow mana. Doh!
Really? That's pretty funny... this is the first I've heard that (wasn't around for the release of Arabian Nights)