Fifth Dawn Spoiler

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I don't remember anything about yellow either, but there was something with purple when I was playing...

Wasn't very good then at all, but there was a big rumor about purple...

T

train

I remember the desert bit - being yellow...

but the purple stemmed from "Portal"...

the symbol that was purple and everything was the portal symbol...

Magic was releasing something - though it ony came to be ....

portal...

:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't remember purple becoming Portal either, I remember people thinking it was going to be a 6th color and it was either a joke or just that, a rumor.

T

train

We need to find the magazine - spidey - you have the old ones right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I have all of them except #1... give me a time frame for which to look for, I don't remember when Portal came out.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Portal was released in June, 1997, shortly before I started playing...

Or sometime that year, maybe not June, but probably pretty close...

N

Notepad

No...no...no...You have it wrong.

The connection of purple and portal has nothing to do with the set. What you're probably remembering is an old issue of InQuest where they made a dream card set that revolved around their idea of what Purple should be. Sadly enough, the "basic land" for this sixth color wasn't a land at all, but "Portal."

So in their retarded minds it made sense that if you have...

Mountain, Swamp, Plains, Forest, Island...

...you should add PORTAL as the next logical choice! Yeah, no wonder they get teased a lot.

N

Notepad

Two things good about InQuest, the letters, and the puzzles. The puzzles are way more fun than Rosewater's crap. And the letters are just entertaining reads for the readers thoughts and the editor comments.

Oh, three things--the pictorial comics are always a blast, when they decide to run them.

T

train

Come to think of it - it might have been Inquest...

but Duelist would have had something in it about the add WoTC put out... (It had the portal symbol)

T

train

I don't have the old articles... I just remember it showing the portal symbol, and a purplish color to it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think there was something on Ask Wizards in the past month about this... apparently purple referred to Unglued and whether they would add the color in that set...

T

train

I'mjust really convinces in my head that purple had the portal sign with it in the add...

I remember the unglued ads - the one with the sombrero was key...;)