D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think the dwarves should go shoulder to shoulder in the doorway, with the rest of the party firing their ranged weapons over their heads...:)

T

train

Mooseman;290006 said:
Hey, What are you guys doing? I can see a thing... damn dankness......
"Wilhelm - Get us some light if you don't mind..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So which dwarf steps into the doorway where Si'Nat is standing and which one opens the other unopened door?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. Because Si'Nat is in melee combat right now, disengaging to make room for Gareth will allow the hobgoblins to get a free attack on him. Is that okay?

T

train

Spiderman;290063 said:
Okay. Because Si'Nat is in melee combat right now, disengaging to make room for Gareth will allow the hobgoblins to get a free attack on him. Is that okay?
On me or Gareth... but I guess you would decide for an NPC...

I'm ok with a free attack on me...

Bring it!

T

train

Meeting???!!!...

Doesn't your government agency know that D&D is way more important than anything they can present or discuss in meetings?...

Unless it means we're all going to get some instant gratification high dollar benefit checks processed and sent out this afternoon and they need a new program to do it, then, by all means!!!...

:D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** Couldn't Gareth enter the battle by coming through the other doorway before Rondo does, then stepping into Si'Nat's opponent from the side and allowing Si'Nat to retreat? Or would that leave Gareth too exposed? If that's the case, can Rondo be the one who enters first and barrels into the HG in front of Si'Nat? **

"C'mon Gareth! It's DWARVEN BOWLING TIME!!!!!" :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gareth could do that, except that doorway is being covered by the third hobgoblin not yet in battle. Plus, there's two hobgoblins attacking Si'Nat, so even if the third wasn't there, Gareth could engage one of them but Si'Nat would still be engaged by one of them.

(wish we had minatures :) )

The battle currently looks like this (D = closed door, S = Si'Nat, H = hobgoblin)

D H
S H
W H

Whoever opens the door would be immediately covered by that hobgoblin next to it (just replace D - closed door for D = dwarf :) )

T

train

(Just curious - wouldn't there be "wall" where the H is below the S?)

Si'Nat
"Come and get some of this!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
(Stupid non-formatting... yeah, there's a wall, I'll edit it. But that's just the limitation of trying to represent it - really, the bottom two hobgoblins have enough room to fight Si'Nat)

T

train

Spiderman;290084 said:
(Stupid non-formatting... yeah, there's a wall, I'll edit it. But that's just the limitation of trying to represent it - really, the bottom two hobgoblins have enough room to fight Si'Nat)
Well - If I just step back - and a hobgoblin fills the hole (which would most likely happpen - then we can face them 2 to 1... which is a bit better than 4 to 3...

If this analysis is right - then if one other party member thinks this is good - I'll do it - otherwise, go with previous plan.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** Si'Nat's plan sounds good...Step back and we'll 2v1 them one at a time leaving the other door closed. BTW, in light of that thought Rondo will throw a shoulder into the 2nd door, to prevent a 2nd HG from opening it up...;) **