D&D: Horror on the Hill: Beginnings

T

train

(ahead to the next door across the hall)

"I would guess there's nothing in here or it would have come out with all the commotion.. let's see now..."

(sword ready)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nada, although when you poke around the mattresses, you pick up a band of fleas that causes you to itch uncontrollably. You'll need to spend 7 rounds to brush them off.

T

train

(Hmmm... I believe that was a first...)

"Well, that was no dang fun... Guess we head towards the hallway intersection and then go East..."

(Leads the way...)

T

train

(Will listen at the doors and if nothing is heard inside, then open - bow ready...)

"So what do we have here?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Si'Nat doesn't hear anything so proceeds to open the door...

This is a vast room, 50' E-W and 90' N-S. A huge hobgoblin is seated on a throne at the east end of the chamber. One hobgoblin bodyguard is standing to each side of the throne. Four other hobgoblins are seated around a huge fire burning in the center of the room; two more hobgoblins are drawing liquid from a keg in the SE corner of the room. Apparently, some kind of party is going on because the atmosphere in the room is festive.

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, there's nine total

Whoops, sorry... as soon as the doors open, the one on the throne shouts and the six hobgoblins (four around the fire, two at the keg) advance. The one on the throne and the two bodyguards stay where they are for now.

T

train

(Will fire the bow at the one on the throne, then close the door and break my flasks of oil in front of the doorway, then run down the hallway to get enough distance to prepare for another shot...)

Si'Nat

"Time for a little fun now guys..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Round 1 - Monsters get initiative.

The six hobgoblins close with you and really Si'Nat, since he's the one in the doorway, and so only one can attack him. He does a mighty good job of it though, hitting him with a solid strike that only his armor was able to prevent any damage.

Si'Nat fires a shot at the one on the throne but misses.

Round 2 - Party gets initiative.

Si'Nat moves away from the doorway and throws his flask of oil on the ground (he only had one) and moves away from the door 30'. The rest of the party follows him, getting their missile and melee weapons ready (I assume).

The hobgoblins burst through the door and splash through the oil with little problems, catching up to the party and now can fight two abreast in the hallway.

Round 3 - Party gets initiative.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
From the map, it looks like we'd have to back up pretty far in order to get into an open space where we could fight them more than two-abreast. Is that right? These guys seem tough enough that we should use every advantage we can...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Rondo looses an arrow if possible while the HG's approach, then attacks with his axe when they get close enough for melee...:)

**Was anyone carrying a torch for that oil?**

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
** OS, I think since the HG's outnumber our fighter-types the narrow hallway works to our advantage by keeping our squishier party members from direct combat, so I'm thinking we should just stand and fight at this point. A question though for Spidey: If the 2 dwarves stand shoulder to shoulder in front can the taller party members shoot their bows over their heads at the enemies? If so, then I think that's what we should do...:) **